About the XM Direct XMDALP100
The XMDALP100 Smart Digital Adapter allows you to connect the XM Direct universal XM tuner to your compatible Alpine in-dash receiver with Ai-net changer controls. The adapter and universal tuner are extremely compact, so they install easily behind your dash or in any other convenient location. The adapter cable also features a pass-through, which lets you connect an additional Alpine component, such as a CD changer.
- Smart Digital Adapter allows a compatible Alpine in-dash receiver to control the XM Direct universal XM tuner
- includes all cabling to connect to Alpine receiver
- pass-through for connecting an additional Alpine component, such as a CD changer
- dimensions: 3-1/2" x 1-1/8" x 2-1/2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XMDALP100
What's in the box:
- XMDirect Smart Digital Adapter for Alpine car stereos
- 40" DIN cable (Adapter to XMD1000 tuner)
- 40" RCA stereo patch cord (Adapter to XMD1000 tuner)
- 20" Dual Ai-Net cable (Adapter to Alpine head unit and pass through to another Ai-Net component)
- Installation Guide
XM Direct XMDALP100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM Direct XMDALP100
Overview: The Terk XMDALP100 is a Smart Digital Adapter which allows you to control the Terk XMDirect Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (item 209XMD1000, sold separately) with a compatible, XM Satellite-ready Alpine car stereo receiver. The adapter includes a cable with an Ai-NET input connection, so an Ai-NET device, such as a CD changer, can be used along with the XMD1000 XM Satellite Radio tuner.
Note: Please check the compatibility list below to see if your Alpine receiver will work with this adapter.
Connections: The adapter is designed to be installed in-line between an XMD1000 XM tuner and a compatible Alpine receiver. Two cables are included to connect the XMDALP100 adapter to the XMD1000 tuner, and one cable is included to connect the XMDALP100 adapter to an Alpine receiver.
- Adapter to Tuner Cables:
- Audio Cable: A 40" stereo RCA cable carries satellite radio audio from the tuner to the adapter.
- Control Cable: A 40" P13 (8-pin DIN) cable passes control commands from the adapter to the tuner.
- Adapter to Alpine Receiver
- One one end, this cable has a single male 16-pin Molex plug (plugs into the adapter), and the other end splits into two branches: a 20" branch has a right angle male Alpine Ai-NET connector (plugs into a compatible Alpine receiver), and a 13" branch is terminated with a female Alpine Ai-NET input connector, which allows you to connect another Alpine Ai-NET compatible component, such as a CD changer.
Installation Note: Because of cable lengths, the XMDALP100 should be installed behind the dash within 2-3 feet of the XMD1000 tuner.
Head Unit Compatibility: The adapter packaging includes a list of compatible Alpine receivers. As new models are introduced, the number of compatible receivers will grow. The current list of compatible receivers includes:
Compatible Alpine Receivers
CDA-7892 CDA-7893 CDA-7894 CDA-7897 CDA-7995 CDA-7998 CDA-9805 CDA-9807 CDA-9811 CDA-9813 CDA-9815 CDA-9825 CDA-9826 CDA-9827 CDA-9830 CDA-9831 CDA-9833 CDA-9835 CDA-9847 CDA-9851 CDA-9853 CDA-9855 CDA-9857 CDA-9883 CDA-9885 CDA-9887 IDA-X001 --- CVA-1003 CVA-1004 CVA-10014 --- DVA-7996 DVA-9860 DVA-9861 DVA-9965 IVA-D100 IVA-D105 IVA-D300 IVA-D310 IVA-D900 IVA-D901 IVA-W200 IVA-W205
Compatible with Ai-Net Multi Changer/Versatile Link Adapter: The Terk XMDALP100 is compatible with the Alpine KCA-410C Ai-Net Multi Changer/Versatile Link Adapter.