About the XM Direct Satellite Radio Package
Is the factory stereo in your Toyota or Scion XM-ready? Reluctant to pay dealership prices to get the equipment you need for XM service? Then this is the solution for you.
The XM Direct package includes everything necessary to play XM over your compatible factory stereo: an XM radio, a roof-mount antenna, and the adapter that connects the XM radio to your Toyota stereo.
The compact radio mounts easily in a convenient spot behind the dash, and the antenna mounts magnetically on your vehicle's roof. The adapter connects the radio to your factory stereo, providing both signal to the stereo and power to the radio. You control the XM radio using your factory stereo. The adapter also has a pass-through connection that lets you keep an extra component, like a CD changer, connected to the system.
Note: Your factory stereo must be XM-ready to work with this package. Please enter your vehicle information or call a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to check compatibility. If you're not sure whether or not your factory stereo is XM-ready, ask your local dealership. An XM subscription is also required.
- XM Direct adapter package includes XM radio, factory-system adapter cable and box, and roof-mount XM antenna
- works with compatible XM-ready Toyota and Scion factory stereos
- audio cables included
- XM radio dimensions: 4-7/16"W x 1-3/8"H x 4-3/8"D
- antenna cable length: 19-3/4'
- adapter box dimensions: 3-1/8"W x 1-1/8"H x 3-5/8"D
- adapter cable length: 25"
- warranty: 1 year tuner/3 years adapter
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XMDTLK
What's in the box:
- One box containing an XM Tuner blister pack and an XM Smart Digital Adapter box:
- The XM Tuner blister pack contains:
- Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner for satellite-ready car stereos (XMD1000)
- Magnetic antenna with attached 19.75' cable (terminating into an SMB connector)
- 4 Plastic wire ties
- Installation Guide
- XM Channel Guide
- The XM Smart Digital Adapter box contains:
- XMDirect Smart Digital Adapter for Toyota and Scion factory radios (XMDTL100)
- 39" DIN cable (has an 8-pin male connector on each end)
- 25" Cable harness (with 2 Molex plugs on one end and two Molex plugs on the other end)
- 39" RCA cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors on each end)
- Installation Guide (English)
- Installation Guide (French)
- User's Quick Guide (English)
- User's Quick Guide (French)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM Direct Satellite Radio Package
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Yr Tuner/3 Yrs Adapter|
|Labor Warranty||1 Yr Tuner/3 Yrs Adapter|
Overview: This package includes the XMD1000 Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner, an XMDTL100 Smart Digital Adapter, and a magnetic XM antenna. The adapter allows you to connect the XMD1000 tuner to select Toyota and Scion vehicles with compatible factory radios. In addition to the tuner, adapter and antenna, you must have a subscription to XM Satellite Radio to receive XM programming.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers more than 170 digital radio channels including channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast.
Antenna: The XMD1000 includes an ultra-thin Micro Antenna with a 19-3/4' cable. The strong magnetic base securely attaches the antenna to the vehicle. Best reception is achieved with the antenna mounted on a metal surface of the vehicle roof in the center of an area with at least 12" x 12" of surface area, and a minimum of 6" from a window or sunroof. The antenna has the following dimensions: W=1.769", H=0.654", D=2.323".
Cable Harness Connections: One end of the cable harness plugs into the adapter and the other end interfaces with the factory radio. The adapter end of the cable harness has a white 10-pin rectangular connector. The radio side of the harness has the following two connectors: a white 12-pin female connector and a white 12-pin male connector. The female connector plugs into the back of the factory radio and the male connector is used as a pass-through for other audio devices.
Tuner Inputs and Outputs:
- Antenna: SMB (with FAKRA connector) for use with supplied antenna
- Controller/Head Unit: 8-pin jack that connects to the adapter using the supplied DIN cable
- Audio Output: left and right RCA audio jacks (manual incorrectly states this is a 3.5mm minijack); connects to the adapter using the supplied RCA cable
Adapter Inputs and Outputs:
- To Factory Radio: 10-pin jack that connects to the factory radio using the supplied cable harness
- To Tuner: 8-pin jack that connects to the tuner using the supplied DIN cable
- Audio Input: left and right RCA audio jacks; connects to the tuner using the supplied RCA cable
- Frequency: 2320 to 2332.5 MHz
- Bandwidth: 12.5 MHz
- Tuner: W=4.456", H=1.295", D=4.464" (5.121" including tabs)
- Adapter: W=3.141", H=1.186", D=3.652" (5.458" including cables)