About the Morel Elate Carbon 52A
Premium materials and design
Premium materials and design
Just the style of Morel's iconic Lotus-design speaker grilles takes your breath away, and then there's the sound... The Elate Carbon 52A 5-1/4" 2-way component system includes a 5-1/4" woofer and the MT450 tweeter for a fuller sound and excellent detail at impressive volume levels. The woofer uses a dual-layered carbon-fiber/Rohacell cone that minimizes distortion for the most accurate sound possible.
For a better factory fit
Morel enhances the performance of their MT450 open-cavity silk dome tweeter with a coating of Acuflex™ compound, which helps damping for a natural sound. Its compact design makes it in easier fit in more factory tweeter locations.
Build an active system
Passive crossover systems are not included. Morel designed these Elate Carbon speakers to be neutral, without coloration, so that you can use your active crossover to craft exactly the right sound for you and your vehicle. You'll need an active crossover to use these speakers. If you would like to use passive crossovers with this system, optional Morel MXT280C crossovers are available
Why choose Morel?
It's hard to not feel overwhelmed by your choices when deciding which component system is worthy of your car... and your ears. But if you're looking for the best, Morel's component speakers soar. Every bit of that excellence is due to their passion for sound and their insistence that every hand-made Morel driver be tested to meet their premium standards.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in most factory locations.
- 2-way component speaker system
- includes two woofers and two tweeters
- 5-1/4" 3-layer carbon fiber/Rohacell woofer cone with butyl rubber surround
- 1.1" MT450 Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- cast aluminum basket
- handles up to 160 watts RMS (1000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 40-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-7/16"
- woofer cutout diameter: 4-13/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350452-105A
What's in the box:
- 2 MW5 Woofers
- 2 MT 450 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter flush mount housings (tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount clamps
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- Warranty card
- Genuine product verification instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Elate Carbon 52A
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||1.1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon Fiber Composite|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||85|
|Frequency Response||40 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||160|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1000|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 13/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.413|
Woofer Cone: Morel describes the woofer as having a Triple Layer Cone design; two exterior carbon fiber layers sandwiching a layer of Rohacell (a high strength, lightweight foam).
Tweeters: The silk dome tweeters are coated with Acuflex, a damping compound designed to minimize distortion. The tweeters can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 40°.
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.730"||screw depth|