About the Morel Elate Carbon 53A
Premium materials and design
Premium materials and design
Just the style of Morel's iconic Lotus-design speaker grilles takes your breath away, and then there's the sound... The Elate Carbon 53A 5-1/4" 3-way component system includes a 5-1/4" woofer, a 3" midrange driver, and the MT450 tweeter for a fuller sound and excellent detail at impressive volume levels. Both the midrange and the woofer use a carbon-fiber/Rohacell cone that minimizes distortion for the most accurate sound possible.
For a better factory fit
Morel enhances the performance of their MT450 open-cavity silk dome tweeter with a coating of Acuflex™ compound, which helps damping for a natural sound. Its compact design makes it in easier fit in more factory tweeter locations.
Build an active system
Passive crossover systems are not included. Morel designed these Elate Carbon speakers to be neutral, without coloration, so that you can use your active crossover to craft exactly the right sound for you and your vehicle. You'll need an active crossover to use these speakers. If you would like to use passive crossovers with this system, optional Morel MXT380C crossovers are available
Why choose Morel?
It's hard to not feel overwhelmed by your choices when deciding which component system is worthy of your car... and your ears. But if you're looking for the best, Morel's component speakers soar. Every bit of that excellence is due to their passion for sound and their insistence that every hand-made Morel driver be tested to meet their premium standards.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in most factory locations.
- 3-way component speaker system
- includes two woofers, two midrange drivers, and two tweeters
- 5-1/4" 3-layer carbon fiber/Rohacell woofer cone with butyl rubber surround
- 3" 3-layer carbon fiber/Rohacell midrange driver and 1.1" MT450 Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- cast aluminum basket
- handles up to 160 watts RMS (1000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 40-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 85 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-7/16"
- midrange mounting depth: 1-9/16"
- midrange cutout diameter: 3-1/4"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350452-205A
What's in the box:
- 2 MW5 Woofers
- 2 MM3 Midrange
- 2 MT 450 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Midrange grilles
- 2 Midrange grille frames
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter flush mount housings (tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount clamps
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Eight 3/4" Screws
- 8 Large speed clips
- 8 Small speed clips
- Grille putty
- Eight 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- Warranty card
- Genuine product verification instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Elate Carbon 53A
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||1.1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon Fiber Composite|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||85|
|Frequency Response||40 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||160|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1000|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 13/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.413|
Woofer Cone: Morel describes the woofer as having a Triple Layer Cone design; two exterior carbon fiber layers sandwiching a layer of Rohacell (a high strength, lightweight foam).
Midrange Size: The midrange drivers are not a standard size, approximately 3" diameter. They can be top or bottom mounted, and have these dimensions:
- Top mount depth: 1.523"
- Mounting height: 0.255"
- Flange height: 0.185"
- Bottom mount depth: 1.708"
- Tweeter Protrusion: 0.07"
- Cutout diameter: 3.254"
- Frame diameter: 3.944"
Tweeters: The silk dome tweeters are coated with Acuflex, a damping compound designed to minimize distortion. The tweeters can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 40°.
|Flush Mount||Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.730"||screw depth|