About the Morel Högtalare
Minimalist design meets powerful, accurate sound
Minimalist design meets powerful, accurate sound
The Morel Högtalare speaker fits perfectly in IKEA's Kallax and Expedit shelving systems (not included),
Count on Morel to create a simple powered Bluetooth speaker that delivers exceptional sound quality. The Högtalare's three built-in speaker drivers create a spacious soundfield with true stereo separation. The sophisticated minimalist design makes this speaker a welcome addition to any décor.
The Högtalare has two 1" soft-dome tweeters for accurate highs. The 6" woofer delivers detailed midrange and solid bass. These three drivers are mounted in a wood cabinet that features a tuned, front-firing port to reinforce the low frequencies. The system is driven by three discrete amplifiers that deliver 50 watts of total continuous power.
You can wirelessly pair up to five Bluetooth devices with the Högtalare (but you can only play one at a time). Using its TWS (True Wireless Stereo) feature, you can wirelessly pair two Högtalare speakers for even bigger two-channel stereo.
The Högtalare has a stereo minijack for connecting compatible audio sources. There's also a USB Type-A charging port on the back so you can keep your smartphone charged while you're streaming via Bluetooth.
Although you can place the Högtalare on just about any bookshelf or tabletop, there's an added bonus for IKEA furniture fans. The speaker is made to fit perfectly into IKEA's Kallax and Expedit shelving systems, for a seamless-looking setup.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless music streaming
- high-quality aptX audio coding for better sound with compatible Bluetooth sources
- two 1" soft dome tweeters for clear high frequencies
- one 6" woofer for strong midrange and bass
- front-firing bass port
- 50 watts total system amplification
- frequency response: 36-20,000 Hz
- 3.5mm stereo minijack auxiliary input
- USB Type-A charging port
- front-mounted control buttons
- wirelessly pair two Högtalare speakers for two-channel stereo
- wooden cabinet with removable magnetic grille
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 13-1/16"W x 13"H x 7-5/16"D
- warranty:1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 601210-214
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth audio speaker
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Self-adhesive pads
- Instruction Booklet
Morel Högtalare reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Högtalare
Features & specs
|USB Port||Charge only|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||1|
|Tweeter Type||Soft Dome|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||6|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||50|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||100|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||16-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||48 kHz|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Two-Way Stereo Driver Design: The Morel Hogtalare (Swedish for "Speaker") incorporates a two-way stereo driver design with two 1" soft-dome tweeters and one 6" cone woofer to produce stereo sound that is articulate and full of emotion. You'll enjoy detailed highs, crystal clear mids, and robust bass from your music.
- 1" Soft-Dome Tweeters: The two 1" soft-dome tweeters were selected for their smooth and detailed sound. Each tweeter plays one channel (left or right), creating a true stereo experience with a wide and full soundstage.
- 6" Cone Woofer: The powerful 6" cone woofer delivers dynamic lifelike bass that is rich and natural.
Discrete Amplification with DSP: The Morel Hogtalare is equipped with three custom-made amplifiers totaling 50 watts. Each tweeter and woofer is powered by its own dedicated amplifier. Theses dedicated amplifiers utilize custom built DSP (Digital Signal Processing) for optimized and dynamic stereo sound at any volume level.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Morel Hogtalare uses a custom-engineered, reinforced wood cabinet with a bass reflex (ported) design that complements its driver array perfectly for clear, natural, and efficient sound. The custom-tuned port is on the front of the cabinet which helps with placement options. The wood cabinet is finished in a black vinyl and comes with a detachable, magnetic cloth grille.
TWS (True Wireless Stereo): For a wider soundstage and increased output for larger spaces, the Morel Hogtalare offers TWS (True Wireless Stereo) functionality allowing you to pair two Hogtalare speakers together to create a wider and broader stereo setup. TWS (True Wireless Stereo) is accomplished using a wireless Bluetooth connection between the two Morel Hogtalare speaker.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), you are able to wirelessly stream audio from stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the Morel Hogtalare speaker. You'll still control your music and view song/artist/album information from your Bluetooth source device.
- aptX Codec: In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC codec supported by the majority of Bluetooth source devices (including Apple iOS device), the Hogtalare offers support for Bluetooth's higher quality aptX codec. Now you can wirelessly stream music from your aptX-enabled Bluetooth source device (such as many Android smartphones and tablets) with more consistent, higher quality audio. aptX offers a fixed compression ratio to ensure consistency, plus up to a 16-bit/48kHz sampling rate and 20Hz-20kHz frequency range for uncompromized sound quality.
- Multi-Device Pairing & Auto Reconnection: You can pair up to 5 devices with the Hogtalare speaker, but only one source device can be connected and used at a time. The speaker will try to automatically connect with previously paired device when within in range, prioritizing the last connected device. If the BT source and Hogtalare get out of range of one another and disconnect, the speaker will attempt to auto reconnect as soon as they are within range again.
Note: The Morel Hogtalare does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Morel Hogtalare is outfitted with a rear-panel Aux input for a hardwired connection of an audio source device. The Aux input consists of a female stereo 3.5mm minijack port.
USB Charging Port: The Morel Hogtalare Bluetooth speaker is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port for charging small electronic devices, such as your smartphone or tablet. The USB port is rated at 5V/1A.
Note: The USB port does not support audio playback.
Front-Panel Controls: The Morel Hogtalare features five push-button controls across its front-panel. The push-button are hidden behind the unit's cloth grille, but are back-lit so you can see them and use them through the grille. Control functions include Power, Volume Up, Volume Down, Bluetooth Pair, and Input Select.
Note: The Morel Hogtalare does not comes with a wireless remote control.
Mounting Options: The simple yet modern design of the Morel Hogtalare blends seamlessly into almost any home decor, atop a shelf or mounted to a wall. There are two rear-panel M6 (6mm) threaded inserts that allow you to wall-mount the speaker using an optional wall bracket (sold separately). The Bluetooth speaker is also proportioned to fit perfectly into any IKEA Kallax/Expedit shelving system. The included self-adhesive rubber add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: Due to the Hogtalare's size and weight, Crutchfield currently does not off a compatible wall-mount bracket.
AC Power: The Morel Hogtalare comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord that plugs into the back of the speaker and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately). You can choose between to Power modes - Manual or Auto.
- Manual: The speaker will turn on or off by pressing the "Power" button on the front-panel. However, the Bluetooth speaker will automatically go into standby mode (Off) after 40 minutes of no audio signal and inactivity.
- Auto: The speaker will turn on once music is being streamed to it via Bluetooth or Aux input. It will automatically turn off after 5 minutes of no audio signal and inactivity.
Note: The Morel Hogtalare is not battery powered.