About the Morel Hybrid 502
Why let a silly thing like a budget get in the way of phenomenal audio? Treat yourself to the rarified driving experience that Morel car speakers allow and rediscover what it feels like to love your music. Morel's Hybrid Series component speakers are celebrated for their reliability and signature sound. Every bit of that excellence is due to Morel's passion for sound and their insistence that every hand-made Hybrid Series component be tested to meet their premium standards.
This rugged driver incorporates several Morel innovations to deliver superb performance.
A Morel favorite
The Hybrid 502 component speaker system handles up to 120 watts RMS without a worry. Its 5-1/4" damped polymer woofer handles the lower frequencies, benefiting massively from its sturdy one-piece dustcup and diaphram structure. Morel's famous MT230 soft dome tweeter really helps define this speaker system with its warm highs, and the one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound that coats the tweeter enhances damping for a cleaner sound. And the innovation doesn't stop there — External Voice Coil (EVC™) technology maximizes voice coil size in these speakers for better heat dispersion and efficient performance.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment.
- 5-1/4" component speaker system
- one-piece Damped Polymer Cone (DPC)
- cast aluminum basket
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- handles up to 120 watts RMS (500 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-3/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350385-505
What's in the box:
- Two Woofers
- Two Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Oval flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Round flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Large angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Small angled surface mount tweeter housings
- Six 3/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- 2 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
Morel Hybrid 502 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Hybrid 502
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Damped Polymer|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||90|
|Frequency Response||45 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||120|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||500|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 13/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.336|
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The large surface mount housing also uses the oval flush mount housing and angles the tweeters at approximately 45°. The small surface mounting housing angles the tweeters at approximately 20°.
|Oval Flush Mount||Round Flush Mount||Large Surface Mount||Small Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.840"||0.955"||screw depth||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.315" wide). The crossover point is 2.2 kHz; the low pass slope is 18 dB/octave and the high pass slope is 12 dB/octave. A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB.
- Width: 5.55"
- Height: 1.433"
- Depth: 4.182"
1 question already asked