About the Morel Hybrid 62
Treat yourself to the rarified driving experience that Morel car speakers allow and rediscover what it feels like to love your music. The Hybrid 62 component speaker system gets its name from the ferrite and neodymium magnets that power the 6-1/2" damped polymer woofer. The woofer benefits massively from its sturdy one-piece dustcap and diaphragm structure, and Morel uses new Hexatech aluminum voice coil technology for better heat dispersion and efficient performance.
Morel's Hybrid Series component speakers are celebrated for their reliability and signature sound. The MT300 soft dome tweeter, coated with an Acuflex™ compound for supreme damping, helps define this speaker system with its warm highs. This system's external MXR crossovers help serve up the ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Plus, two levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment. And Morel includes their famous Lotus-pattern grilles for an elegant look if you need to surface-mount these tweeters.
- 6-1/2" component speaker system
- includes two tweeters, two woofers, two crossovers
- one-piece Damped Polymer Cone (DPC)
- cast aluminum basket
- Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with two tweeter level settings
- handles up to 140 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB at 2.83 V
- tweeter mounting depth: 1/2"
- woofer mounting depth: 2-7/16"
- woofer cutout diameter: 5-9/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350396-105
What's in the box:
- Two MW6mkII Woofers
- Two MT300 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 MXR240.4 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- Six 3/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Grille putty
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- Warranty card
- Genuine product verification instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Hybrid 62
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Damped Polymer|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91|
|Frequency Response||35 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||140|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||600|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 11/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/2|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.403|
Woofer Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Morel, call this size woofer a 6½". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6½" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size woofer as 6¾". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Controlled Acoustic Resistance: Car speakers are typically installed in free-air applications, providing minimal acoustic loading. Controlled Acoustic Resistance (C.A.R. Filter) improves the acoustic loading by controlling airflow within the driver, mimicking the effects of an enclosure. This provides greater control over the woofer's cone movement for improved bass dynamics.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 45°.
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.75"||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.315" wide). The crossover point is 2.2 kHz; the low pass slope is 18 dB/octave and the high pass slope is 12 dB/octave. A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB.
- Width: 5.55"
- Height: 1.42"
- Depth: 4.19"
The Morel Hybrid 62 replaces these items