About the Morel Hybrid 63
Treat yourself to the rarified driving experience that Morel car speakers allow and rediscover what it feels like to love your music. The Hybrid 63 component speaker system uses three speakers to achieve rich, detailed sound — the MT300N silk dome tweeter, the CDM700 silk dome midrange speaker, and the Hybrid MKII woofer.This system gets its name from the ferrite and neodymium magnets that power the 6-1/2" damped polymer woofer. The woofer benefits massively from its sturdy one-piece dustcap and diaphragm structure, and Morel uses new Hexatech aluminum voice coil technology for better heat dispersion and efficient performance.
Morel's Hybrid Series component speakers are celebrated for their reliability and signature sound. The MT300 soft dome tweeter, coated with an Acuflex™ compound for supreme damping, helps define this speaker system with its warm highs. The CDM700 midrange driver rounds out the system, making transitions from lows to highs incredibly smooth. This system's external MXR crossovers help serve up the ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Plus, two levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment.
- 3-way component speaker system
- includes two tweeters, two midrange drivers, two woofers, two crossovers
- 6-1/2" one-piece Damped Polymer Cone (DPC)
- 2.1" shallow silk dome midrange speaker
- 1.1" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with two tweeter level settings
- handles up to 140 watts RMS (600 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB at 2.83 V
- midrange mounting depth: 7/8"
- tweeter mounting depth: 1/2"
- woofer mounting depth: 2-7/16"
- woofer cutout diameter: 5-9/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350396-205
What's in the box:
- Two MW6mkII Woofers
- Two CDM700 Midrange
- Two MT300 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 MXR300.4 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles (installed)
- 2 Midrange grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for the surface mount housings
- 8 Midrange mounting clips
- Twelve 3/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- 8 Large speed clips
- 6 Small speed clips
- Grille putty
- Eight 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- Warranty card
- Genuine product verification instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Hybrid 63
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Damped Polymer|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91|
|Frequency Response||35 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||140|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||600|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 11/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/2|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.403|
Woofer Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Morel, call this size woofer a 6½". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6½" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size woofer as 6¾". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Controlled Acoustic Resistance: Car speakers are typically installed in free-air applications, providing minimal acoustic loading. Morel uses Controlled Acoustic Resistance (C.A.R. Filter) in both the woofers and midrange to improve the acoustic loading by controlling airflow within the driver, mimicking the effects of an enclosure. This provides greater control over the diaphragm movement for improved bass dynamics.
Midrange Size: The midrange drivers are not a standard size, approximately 3½" diameter. They can be top or bottom mounted, and have these dimensions:
- Top mount depth: 0.83"
- Mounting height: 0.55" (0.625" including the grille)
- Flange height: 0.287"
- Bottom mount depth: 1.117"
- Tweeter Protrusion: 0.263"
- Cutout diameter: 2.985"
- Frame diameter: 3.521"
Factory Midrange Replacement: If the midrange drivers are mounted in a factory 3½" location, four of the included mounting clips should be used. Because the dome is very delicate, I also recommend using the included grilles.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 45°.
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.75"||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.3" wide). A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB. The woofers' low pass crossover is 12 dB/octave at 500 Hz. The midrange's high pass crossover is 18 dB/octave at 500 Hz and low pass is 12 dB/octave at 2.2 kHz. The tweeters' high pass crossover is 6 dB/octave at 2.2 kHz.
- Width: 5.54"
- Height: 1.46"
- Depth: 4.17"