About the Morel Hybrid MW4
If you take listening seriously, consider Morel's Hybrid Series. Thoughtful design and premium materials ensure these Hybrid MW4 4" woofers deliver the accurate midrange you've been after. The damped polymer woofer handles the midrange and midbass frequencies, benefiting massively from its sturdy one-piece dustcup and diaphragm structure. External Voice Coil (EVC™) technology maximizes voice coil size in this speaker for better heat dispersion and efficient performance.
Use it as part of a 2- or 3-way component system, and add a subwoofer for serious bass reinforcement. Just be sure you power it with an outboard amplifier to make the most of Morel's superior speaker technology.
- 4" car midrange woofers (pair)
- one-piece damped polymer woofer cone (DPC) with butyl rubber surround
- aluminum die-cast frame
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 50-4,200 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- top-mount depth: 2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 321124-325
What's in the box:
- Two Woofers (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Mesh grilles
- 2 Mesh grille mounting rings
- 2 Octopus grilles
- 8 Screw clips
- 6 Non-screw clips (attached to the woofer baskets)
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Grille mounting gasket
- Installation guide
- 2 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Hybrid MW4
Woofer Mounting: Three pressure fit (non-screw) clips are mounted around the perimeter of each woofer basket, making the speakers compatible with select older European cars. (These clips also hold the mesh grille frame in place.) The screw clips can be mounted anywhere around the edge of the frame, so the speakers can be installed in applications using two or four mounting screws.
Crossover: No crossovers are included with the Hybrid MW woofers, so crossovers must be added, active or passive. Morel's MXT-280 2-way have a crossover point of 2,500 Hz.