About the Morel Maximo Ultra 502
Rediscover your favorite songs
Rediscover your favorite songs
No matter how many car audio installations I do, listening to really nice car speakers brings a certain thrill that never goes away — it's all about that moment when I hear something totally new in an old favorite song. You can count on Morel to deliver the thrills, and their Maximo Ultra Series gives you every bit of Morel's excellence and passion for sound at their most affordable price point.
This Morel Maximo Ultra 502 component speaker system uses a treated 5-1/4" paper composite woofer and a separate 1" soft dome tweeter to deliver impressive full-range sound. This efficient system will respond well even when driven by a factory radio, but it'll handle up to 80 watts RMS, so you'll get the best performance powering these component speakers with an aftermarket amplifier. The external crossover delivers an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Morel also includes mounting solutions for ideal tweeter placement.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 5-1/4" treated paper composite woofer cone with butyl rubber surround
- 1" soft dome textile tweeter
- external Morel Crossover Resolution (MXR) crossover
- handles up to 80 watts RMS (160 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-1/4"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350171-100
What's in the box:
- Two Woofers
- Two Tweeters (with attached 39" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille frames
- Grille putty
- 2 Mesh tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Oval flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Large angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Small angled surface mount tweeter housings
- Twenty 1" Screws
- 16 Speed clips
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- Morel window sticker
Morel Maximo Ultra 502 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Maximo Ultra 502
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Treated Paper|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||89|
|Frequency Response||50 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||160|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 1/2|
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The large surface mount housing also uses the oval flush mount housing and angles the tweeters at approximately 45°. The small surface mounting housing angles the tweeters at approximately 20°.
|Oval Flush Mount||Large Surface Mount||Small Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.875"||screw depth||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.3" wide). The crossover point is 3.5 kHz.
- Width: 3.15"
- Height: 1.210"
- Depth: 2.595"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?