About the Maximo Ultra 603A
For a custom-built experience
For a custom-built experience
No matter how many car audio installations I do, listening to really nice car speakers brings a certain thrill that never goes away — it's all about that moment when I hear something totally new in an old favorite song. You can count on Morel to deliver the thrills, and their Maximo Ultra Series gives you every bit of Morel's excellence and passion for sound.
3-way Maximo sound
This Morel Maximo Ultra 603A component speaker system uses a 6-1/2" treated paper composite woofer, a separate 2-1/2" midrange driver, and a separate 1" soft dome tweeter to deliver impressive full-range sound. The true champ of the system is the 2-1/2" driver which takes on the dynamic sound of the midrange with gusto, so that the woofer can rumble and the tweeter can soar. This component system is designed for a system using an active 3-way crossover network, so no passive crossovers are included.
Handles up to 100 watts RMS
This system can handle up to 100 watts RMS, so you'll get the best performance powering these component speakers with an aftermarket amplifier. Morel also includes mounting solutions for ideal tweeter placement. You'll also have to custom-mount the midrange drivers in most vehicles.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 midrange drivers, and 2 tweeters
- 6-1/2" treated paper composite woofer cone with butyl rubber surround
- 2-1/2 treated paper midrange driver
- 1" soft dome textile tweeter
- designed to be part of an active system (crossovers are not included)
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (180 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90.5 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-5/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350173-100
What's in the box:
- Two Woofers
- Two Midrange
- Two Tweeters (with attached 38" length of speaker wire)
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille frames
- 2 Midrange grilles
- 2 Midrange grille frames
- Grille putty
- 2 Mesh tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Oval flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Large angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Small angled surface mount tweeter housings
- Twelve 1" Screws
- Eight 3/4" Screws
- 8 Large speed clips
- 8 Small speed clips
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Six 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Six 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- Morel window sticker
Maximo Ultra 603A reviews
these are a very nice set of components. very detailed sound comes through. the 2" mid puts out a lot of sound. this set will is only good with an active cross over system.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Maximo Ultra 603A
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Treated Paper Composite|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||90.5|
|Frequency Response||50 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||180|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 11/16|
Woofer Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Morel, call this size woofer a 6½". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6½" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size woofer as a 6¾". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Midrange Size: The midrange drivers are not a standard size, approximately 2½" diameter. They are top mounted and have these dimensions:
- Depth: 1.38"
- Mounting height:
- With Grille: 0.425"
- Without Grille: 0.18"
- Flange height: 0.1"
- Cutout diameter: 2.156"
- Frame diameter: 2.561"
- Terminal Width: 0.11"
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The large surface mount housing also uses the oval flush mount housing and angles the tweeters at approximately 45°. The small surface mounting housing angles the tweeters at approximately 20°.
|Oval Flush Mount||Large Surface Mount||Small Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.875"||screw depth||screw depth|