About the Morel MPS 1.550
Morel built this MPS 1.550 amplifier so their subwoofers would have an amp worthy enough to power them, delivering high-fidelity musical reproduction along with pure, clean power. The MPS 1.550 can send up to 550 watts RMS to your subwoofer, boosting bass clarity and emotional impact.
Morel made sure that every detail of this amplifier's design would result in lower noise and higher sound quality. The amp's Class D architecture puts out clean signal with very little noise, while balanced differential inputs reject interference. An onboard microprocessor controls the thermal management system, keeping the amp running cool and steady no matter how hard it's driven. All the connections are on one side of the amp to keep wiring neat, organized, and simple for the installer.
Tone controls for every occasion
The low-pass and subsonic filters, bass boost, and gain controls sit protected under a top panel. Their intuitive operations and functions make it easy to match the amp's output to your sub — and achieve great sound. This amplifier's modest exterior shelters high-quality electronic components that guarantee an accurate and musical performance..
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 350 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (550 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amp technology
- 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio, 0.15% distortion
- variable low-pass filter (40-220 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- switchable subsonic filter (off, 25, 35 Hz)
- optional MPS-R1 wired remote level control available soon
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- speaker-level inputs require speaker wire to RCA adapters
- speaker-level inputs feature DC offset or signal sensing turn-on
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground wires and a 50-amp fuse recommended
- 9-3/8"W (including flange) x 2-1/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MPS 1.550
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Four 5/8" Screws
- Two M4x4mm Machine screws (top panel replacement screws)
- 2mm Allen wrench
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- 4mm Allen wrench
- Owner's manual
Morel MPS 1.550 reviews
This thing puts out pure clean power that sounds amazing. Had an Alpine mrv500 pushing jl 10w3v3 and hated the sound it produced . Bought the Morel mps1.550 and cant believe the difference this amp has made to the sound of the subwoofer. Well worth the money. There is no substitute for (SQ) sound quality and this amp is on top.
Pros: Everything about this amp makes it worth the money.
Cons: Nothing on this amp. I do wish Morel offered a 1000w rms mono amp.
0 of 0 found this helpful
nice Clean Amp
0 of 1 found this helpful
This amp is super clean. I have the Morel 1.550 for a JL Audio 12w3v3 at 2ohms, and a Morel 4.400 for two pairs of Focal K2 Power 4 inch components, and it is a perfect matched system. I can't say anything about the crossover, because I am running it after a Mosconi DSP 6to8 Pro where I have all of my crossovers and EQ set up.
6 of 6 found this helpful
More details on the Morel MPS 1.550
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
350 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||550 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-220 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.15%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-220 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Mono Design: This is a Class-D mono subwoofer amp. The minimum impedance is 2Ω.
Differential-Balanced Inputs: The MPS 1.550 features differential-balanced inputs to control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems. Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage difference between the input terminal and ground, and reduces the incidence of alternator whine in a typical car audio installation.
Note: You will need Morel's MPS-HL speaker to RCA adapter (sold separately) if connecting the amplifier to the source unit's speaker level outputs.
Control Panel Cover: Most controls are under a removable part of the top panel, ensuring the amplifier's settings are not accidentally changed. The cover is installed at the factory, and must be temporarily removed to access the amplifier's controls. The security cover screws can be removed with the included 2.5mm Allen wrench.
- Input Level: labeled min/max, the voltage range depends on how the input voltage (high/low) is set
- Subsonic: three position subsonic filter switch; Off, 25 Hz, 35 Hz
- Filter Frequency: low pass filter frequency (crossover point); rotary dial; 40 Hz to 220 Hz (the crossover cannot be bypassed)
- Bass Boost: centered at 45 Hz, the bass boost circuit is adjustable from 0 to +12 dB
- Turn On Mode: three position switch to set how the amp is turned on; Remote (+12 volts), Signal (senses an input signal voltage), Offset (reads a DC offset in the input signal, typically only used when "Remote" isn't an option and the "Signal" setting doesn't work reliably)
- Input Voltage:
- Low: 200mV-5V; typically used with line level outputs from an aftermarket source
- High: 800mV-20V; typically used with speaker level outputs
- Signal Inputs: one pair of differential-balanced RCA jack inputs
- Speaker Outputs: two pair of set screw terminals; accept up to 10-gauge wire; internally wired in parallel, to easily connect two subwoofers to the single channel amp
- Remote Level Control: 3.5mm jack for use with an optional MPS-R1 wired remote (sold separately)
- Remote Turn-On: set screw terminal; accepts up to 10-gauge wire
- Power and Ground: set screw terminals; accept up to 4-gauge wire; 8-gauge minimum recommended
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 50-amp fuse must be installed on the power wire near the battery. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 50 amps, the original should be replaced with a 50-amp fuse.
- Power Output (measured at 14 volts):
- 4Ω: 350 watts RMS x 1-channel
- 2Ω: 550 watts RMS x 1-channel
- THD+N: 0.15%
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 220 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB (at rated power)
- Damping Factor: >150
- Input Voltage:: 200mV to 20V
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked