About the Morel Virtus 503
The Morel driving experience
The Morel driving experience
Prepare to do more driving. Once you install Morel Virtus speakers in your car, you'll have a hard time resisting getting in the driver's seat and cranking the volume. Despite the sonic limitations posed by the automotive environment, Morel's component speakers soar. Every bit of that excellence is due to their passion for sound and their insistence that every Virtus model be made by hand and tested to meet their premium standards.
This crossover network ensures a smooth transition between woofer, midrange, and tweeter.
3-way detail at any volume
The Virtus 503 5-1/4" 3-way component speaker system adds a CDM600 midrange driver for a fuller, more palpable response and enhanced sonic detail. The paper composite woofer handles the lows, and Morel's External Voice Coil (EVC™) technology maximizes voice coil size in this woofer for better heat dispersion and efficient performance. Morel's MT120 soft dome silk tweeter contributes warm highs to the distinct Virtus sound, and the one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound that coats the tweeter helps damping to bring out the fine detail in your music.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment. This system will handle up to 120 watts RMS, so you'll want to use an amplifier to get maximum performance at high volume.
- 5-1/4" 3-way component speaker system
- paper composite woofer cone with butyl rubber surround
- steel basket
- 3-1/2" silk dome midrange driver
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- handles up to 120 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 65-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 2-3/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 3-1/2" silk dome midrange driver and 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- MFR # 350295-205
What's in the box:
- Two MW5 Woofers
- Two CDM 600 Midrange (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- Two MT 120 Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 MXR300 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles (octopus style)
- 2 Mesh midrange grilles (installed)
- 2 Octopus style midrange grilles
- 2 Mesh tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Oval flush mount tweeter housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Round flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Large angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Small angled surface mount tweeter housings
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Six 3/4" Screws
- 14 Speed clips
- 8 Midrange mounting clips
- Eight 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- 4 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Morel Virtus 503 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Virtus 503
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Paper Composite|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||88|
|Frequency Response||65 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||120|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 3/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 5/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.28|
Midrange Size: The midrange drivers are not a standard size, approximately 3-1/2" diameter. They are top mounted and have these dimensions:
- Depth: 0.959"
- Mounting height:
- Mesh Grille: 0.5"
- Octopus Grille: 0.347"
- Flange height: 0.225"
- Cutout diameter: 2.95"
- Frame diameter: 3.505"
- Terminal Width: 0.25"
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The large surface mount housing also uses the oval flush mount housing and angles the tweeters at approximately 45°. The small surface mounting housing angles the tweeters at approximately 20°.
|Oval Flush Mount||Round Flush Mount||Large Surface Mount||Small Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.875"||0.955"||screw depth||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.275" wide). A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB. The woofers' low pass crossover is 12 dB/octave at 500 Hz. The midrange's high pass crossover is 18 dB/octave at 500 Hz and low pass is 12 dB/octave at 2.2 kHz. The tweeters' high pass crossover is 6 dB/octave at 2.2 kHz.
- Width: 5.535"
- Height: 1.457"
- Depth: 4.17"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?