About the Morel Virtus Nano 603
For the impossible fit
For the impossible fit
I have a car that's a few decades old (let's call it vintage), so souping it up with new audio gear can be tricky in terms of fit. To expand hi-fi audio options in classic, custom, or just plain complicated cars, Morel has created something of a miracle — a 6-1/2" component speaker system with a woofer mounting depth of 11/16". And that's not the only thing that makes Morel's Virtus 603 3-way speaker system so rare.
When Morel calls the Virtus Nano woofer "shallow," they're not exaggerating.
Seriously thin woofer
You wouldn't think a woofer so shallow could deliver low frequencies so substantially, but that's exactly what the Virtus Nano 603 does. True to form, Morel's engineering team tested and improved this component system until it exceeded their uncompromising standards. Morel uses their unique aluminum External Voice Coil (EVC™) and neodymium magnets to help give the shallow woofer enough power handling to deliver satisfying low-end punch.
Morel adds a CDM600 3-1/2" silk dome midrange driver for a fuller, more palpable response and enhanced sonic detail. Their 1-1/8" silk dome tweeter contributes warm highs to the distinct Virtus sound, and the one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound that coats the tweeter helps damping to bring out the fine detail in your music.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment. If you have a "problem vehicle" like mine that has no space for aftermarket speakers, this Virtus Nano system could be the answer to your prayers.
Note: Morel describes this model as a 6-1/2" speaker. Most manufacturers designate this same frame size as a 6-3/4" speaker. For simplicity's sake we list it as a 6-3/4" speaker.
- 6-1/2" 3-way component speaker system
- carbon/paper composite woofer with butyl rubber surround
- steel woofer basket
- 3-1/2" silk dome midrange driver
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- handles up to 80 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 11/16"
- woofer grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350312-205
What's in the box:
- Two Nano MW6 Woofers
- Two CDM 600 Midrange (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- Two MT 120N Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 MXR300.2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles (octopus style)
- 2 Mesh midrange grilles (installed)
- 2 Octopus style midrange grilles
- 2 Mesh tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Tweeter flush mount housings (with tweeters installed)
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Screws
- Twelve 3/4" Screws
- 14 Speed clips
- 8 Midrange mounting clips
- Eight 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- 4 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
Morel Virtus Nano 603 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Virtus Nano 603
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon/Paper Composite|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91|
|Frequency Response||50 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||250|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 11/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||0 13/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 3/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.697|
Woofer Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Morel, call this size woofer a 6-1/2". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size woofer as a 6-3/4". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Midrange Size: The midrange drivers are not a standard size, approximately 3-1/2" diameter. They are top mounted and have these dimensions:
- Depth: 0.959"
- Mounting height:
- Mesh Grille: 0.5"
- Octopus Grille: 0.347"
- Flange height: 0.225"
- Cutout diameter: 2.95"
- Frame diameter: 3.505"
- Terminal Width: 0.25"
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 40°.
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.741"||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.275" wide). A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB. The woofers' low pass crossover is 12 dB/octave at 500 Hz. The midrange's high pass crossover is 18 dB/octave at 500 Hz and low pass is 12 dB/octave at 2.2 kHz. The tweeters' high pass crossover is 6 dB/octave at 2.2 kHz.
- Width: 5.55"
- Height: 1.45"
- Depth: 4.17"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?