About the Morel Virtus Nano 603 Carbon
For challenging vehicles
For challenging vehicles
Souping up a classic car or a premium vehicle with new audio gear can be tricky in terms of fit. A custom-fit solution may be the only answer. So, to expand your hi-fi audio options in classic, custom, or just plain complicated cars, Morel has created a 6-1/2" component speaker system with a woofer mounting depth of only 11/16". And that's not the only thing that makes Morel's Virtus Nano 603 Carbon 3-way speaker system so rare.
Impossibly thin woofer
You wouldn't think a woofer so shallow could deliver low frequencies so substantially, but that's exactly what the Virtus Nano 603 Carbon woofer does. True to form, Morel's engineering team tested and improved this component system until it exceeded their uncompromising standards. Morel uses their unique aluminum External Voice Coil (EVC™) and neodymium magnets to help give the shallow woofer enough power handling to deliver satisfying low-end punch. The “grand-dome” cone design uses a damped sandwich hybrid carbon fiber and foam core to achieve a widely dispersed sound and solid off-axis response.
Morel adds a CDM600 3-1/2" silk dome midrange driver for a fuller, more palpable response and enhanced sonic detail. Their 1-1/8" silk dome tweeter contributes warm highs to the distinct Virtus sound, and the one-of-a-kind Acuflex™ compound that coats the tweeter helps damping to bring out the fine detail in your music.
Morel includes external MXR crossovers to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for an incredible stereo image. Three levels of tweeter control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment. If you have a "problem vehicle" that has no space for aftermarket speakers, this Virtus Nano Carbon system could be the answer.
- 3-way component speaker system
- 6-1/2" carbon/foam sandwich dome woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 3-1/2" silk dome midrange driver
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter
- external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- steel woofer basket
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 87 dB at 2.83 V
- woofer mounting depth: 11/16"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 350323-205
What's in the box:
- Two Nano MW6C Woofers
- Two CDM 600 Midrange (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- Two MT 120N Tweeters (with attached 7" length of speaker wire)
- 2 MXR300.2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles (octopus style)
- 2 Mesh midrange grilles (installed)
- 2 Octopus style midrange grilles
- 2 Mesh tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount brackets
- 2 Angled surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Rubber bases for surface mount housings
- Eight 1-1/4" Screws
- Four 1" Flat head screws
- Fourteen 3/4" Screws
- 8 Large speed clips
- 8 Small speed clips
- 8 Midrange mounting clips
- Eight 0.25" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Ten 0.110" Crimp-on female quick slides
- Two 0.187" Quick slide insulating covers
- Two 0.110" Quick slide insulating covers
- Installation guide
- 2 Morel logo badges
- Morel window sticker
- Genuine product verification instructions
- Surface mount instruction note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Morel Virtus Nano 603 Carbon
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||28mm Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon/Foam Core|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||87|
|Frequency Response||50 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||300|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||0 11/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||0 15/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 3/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.673|
Woofer Size Classification: Some manufacturers, including Morel, call this size woofer a 6½". Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6½" speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size woofer as a 6¾". Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Midrange Size: The midrange drivers are not a standard size, approximately 3½" diameter. They are top mounted and have these dimensions:
- Depth: 0.959"
- Mounting height:
- Mesh Grille: 0.5"
- Octopus Grille: 0.347"
- Flange height: 0.225"
- Cutout diameter: 2.95"
- Frame diameter: 3.505"
- Terminal Width: 0.25"
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. The surface mount housing angles the tweeters at approximately 40°.
|Flush Mount||Angled Surface Mount|
|Mounting Depth||0.741"||screw depth|
Crossover: The outboard crossovers have screw terminal inputs and outputs (0.275" wide). A jumper inside each crossover allows you to adjust the tweeter output level; choose -2 dB, 0 dB, or +2 dB. The crossover points are 500 Hz and 2.2 kHz.
- Width: 5.55"
- Height: 1.45"
- Depth: 4.17"
The Morel Virtus Nano 603 Carbon replaces these items
- carbon/paper composite woofer with butyl rubber surround
- handles up to 80 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- 1-1/8" Acuflex coated silk dome tweeter; 3-1/2" silk dome midrange driver