About the StreetWires 8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit
If you already have patch cables, this wiring kit from StreetWires has everything else you need for excellent power delivery and signal transfer to your 2-channel amplifier. Choose your kit according to the total RMS power of your amplifier. If you're installing a 4-channel amp, remember that you'll usually need a second set of patch cords.
The 8-gauge PS8B kit is designed for amplifiers with a fuse rating of up to 60 amps. It includes 8-gauge power and ground cables and a 60-amp AGU fuse to handle high current flow.
If you're planning to push a subwoofer or two at extra high volume, an 8-gauge kit is a good choice, even if your amp puts out less than the guidelines call for. The 8-gauge cable will handle the current demands, plus it's easier to find 8-gauge hardware, should you decide to add a power line capacitor or a second amp.
It includes the following:
- 18 feet of 8-gauge blue power cable with attached ring terminal
- waterproof, in-line fuse holder installed on power cable with 60-amp AGU fuse
- 5 feet of 8-gauge silver grounding cable with attached ring terminal
- 16 feet of 18-gauge blue remote turn-on wire
- assorted connectors and spade terminals
- six 6" cable ties
- lifetime warranty
What's in the box:
- 18' Length of blue 8 Gauge power wire with inline AGU fuseholder and battery ring terminal installed
- 5' Length of 8 Gauge ground wire with ring terminal attached
- 16' Blue 18 Gauge turn-on lead
- 60 Amp AGU fuse
- Two 8 Gauge crimp on spade terminals
- One 18 Gauge crimp on spade terminal
- One 18 Gauge butt connector
- Six 6" Wire ties
- Instructions on package
StreetWires 8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the StreetWires 8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit
General Overview: This is an amplifier wiring kit that includes the power and ground wiring and accessories required to install an amplifier up to 350 Watts RMS (approximately). It does not include speaker wire or an RCA patch cable.
In-line Fuse Holder: The included in-line fuse holder is waterproof and comes with a 60 Amp AGU fuse. The wire is already installed in the fuse holder, but the fuse is not. The fuse holder is 3.178" Long, 1.876" Wide and 1.031" Tall.
Power/Ground Cables: The 8 Gauge power cable is covered with translucent blue insulation. The 8 Gauge ground cable is covered with clear insulation.
Remote Turn-on Wire: The remote turn-on wire is 18 Gauge and is covered with blue insulation.
Crimp-on Terminal Dimensions:
- Power Ring Terminal (installed): W=0.564", inner diameter 8mm (0.315")
- 8 Gauge Spade Terminals: W=0.325", prong spacing 0.151"
- 18 Gauge Spade Terminal: W=0.279", prong spacing 0.145"