About the StreetWires 8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit with Patch Cable
Everything you need for excellent power delivery and signal transfer to your 2-channel amplifier is contained in this wiring kit from StreetWires. Choose your kit according to the total RMS power of your amplifier. And remember, if you're installing a 4-channel amp, you will most likely need a second patch cord.
This 8-gauge PS8RI kit is designed for amplifiers with a fuse rating of up to 60 amps. If you're planning to push a subwoofer or two at extra high volume, this kit is a good choice, even if your amp puts out less than the guidelines call for. The 8-gauge cable will handle the current demands, plus it's easier to find 8-gauge hardware, should you decide to add a power line capacitor or a second amp.
The 8-gauge kit includes the following:
- one 16-foot RCA patch cord (clear jacket, silver conductors, molded black connectors) with remote turn-on wire
- 18 feet of 8-gauge red power cable with attached ring terminal
- waterproof, in-line fuse holder installed on power cable with 60-amp SE fuse
- 5 feet of 8-gauge silver grounding cable with attached ring terminal
- assorted connectors and spade terminals
- six 6" cable ties
- lifetime warranty
What's in the box:
- 18' Length of red 8 Gauge power wire with inline AGU fuseholder and battery ring terminal installed
- 5' Length of 8 Gauge ground wire with ring terminal attached
- 16' RCA interconnect with remote turn on wire
- 60 Amp AGU fuse
- Two 8 Gauge crimp on spade terminals
- One 18 Gauge crimp on spade terminal
- One 18 Gauge butt connector
- Six 6" Wire ties
- Instructions on package
StreetWires 8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit with Patch Cable reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the StreetWires 8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit with Patch Cable
General Overview: This is an amplifier wiring kit that includes the power and ground wiring, RCA patch cord, and accessories required to install an amplifier up to 350 Watts RMS (approximately). It does not include speaker wire.
In-line Fuse Holder: The included in-line fuse holder is waterproof and comes with a 60 Amp AGU fuse. The wire is already installed in the fuse holder, but the fuse is not. The fuse holder is 3.178" Long, 1.876" Wide and 1.031" Tall.
Power/Ground Cables: The 8 Gauge power cable is covered with translucent red insulation. The 8 Gauge ground cable is covered with clear insulation.
Patch Cord: The included RCA patch cord has an extra wire running along with it for the remote turn-on lead.
Crimp-on Terminal Dimensions:
- Power Ring Terminal (installed): W=0.564", inner diameter 8mm (0.315")
- 8 Gauge Spade Terminals: W=0.325", prong spacing 0.151"
- 18 Gauge Spade Terminal: W=0.279", prong spacing 0.145"
The StreetWires 8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit with Patch Cable replaces these items