About the Brandmotion 5000-CA5
Catch the curb before it catches you
Catch the curb before it catches you
If you own a vehicle with a low front scoop like a sports car or hybrid, you already know how careful you have to be in parking lots. All it takes is a few inches of raised cement to cause a crunch that'll set you back four figures. Brandmotion's 5000-CA5 Curb Alert PRO proximity sensor can ease your stress.
Mounted on the front end of your car, the Curb Alert PRO's infrared LED sensor turns on as soon as you start the ignition and remains on at all times to determine your vehicle's distance from a curb or any obstruction that could cause damage. If your vehicle is in danger of impact, the Curb Alert PRO will warn you that you're getting too close with a series of audible beeps. With that kind of security in place, you can start enjoying your ride instead of sweating it.
NOTE: Brandmotion provides four bracket designs for an easier installation as well as a no-drill universal application that can be removed from your vehicle with no marks left behind. Professional installation is still recommended.
- audible proximity sensor for curb impact prevention
- ignition key on/off control
- adjustable warning distance from 12" to 30"
- adjustable warning volume
- four bracket designs included
- dimensions: 1-1/2"W x 1"H x 2"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 5000-CA5
What's in the box:
- Proximity sensor (attached 12' cable)
- Hide-away program module (attached 8' power/ground wires)
- Speaker/Buzzer module (attached 8' harness)
- 4 Mounting brackets (1 installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive clamps
- 5 Wire-ties
- Installation Instructions
Brandmotion 5000-CA5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Brandmotion 5000-CA5
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Parking Sensor|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||0|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||0|
Curb Alert PRO Parking Sensor: Brandmotion's Curb Alert PRO is designed to warn a driver as he or she nears an obstruction (such as a curb or parking block), which could scrape the front bumper or cause it to catch and result in significant damage. It provides low-speed curb and parking warnings to prevent expensive curb damage. A series of beeps alerts the driver, allowing you to stop the vehicle at a safe distance from the obstruction. The Curb Alert PRO system consists of a Proximity IR Sensor, Speaker/Buzzer Module, and a Program Module. The Brandmotion Curb Alert PRO is universally compatible and works with almost any vehicle.
Infrared (IR) LED Technology: The Curb Alert PRO curb sensor will reliably detect when your vehicle is getting too close to a curb. The Curb Alert PRO determines the distance of your vehicle from a curb or other low obstacle using Infrared (IR) LED technology. It sends out an infrared beam that is analyzed by the system to determine how far your vehicle is from the approaching object.
Audible Warning: If the Curb Alert PRO system determines that your vehicle is dangerously close to the curb, it alerts you with an audible in-cabin tone to prevent damage to your front bumper, facia, or valence panel. It warns you with a short series of audible beeps, helping you avoid expensive damage to your vehicle's front end.
Adjustable Settings: The Curb Alert PRO system offers adjustable warning distances from 12" to 30". The audible warning is also adjustable from low to high.
Weather-Proof Housing: The Curb Alert PRO's proximity infrared sensor is housed within a weatherproof case to handle any weather conditions thrown at it.
Self-Calibration Procedure: Programming the Curb-Alert PRO has been made simple with a one-time, two-step process that calibrates the system based on its mounting location and desired alert distance.
Mounting Options: The Curb Alert PRO's proximity IR sensor mounts outside the front of the vehicle, while the hide-away program module and speaker/buzzer module mounts inside the vehicle. No drilling required.
- Proximity IR sensor: The included proximity IR sensor mounts under your vehicle's bumper or behind the grille and comes with four brackets to fit a wide variety of vehicles and applications. The proximity sensor must be mounted as close as possible to the center of the front of the vehicle with a clear line of sight to the curb (it is an IR sensor and so it cannot be mounted behind the license plate or any panel and/or object that will obstruct its view.
- Speaker/Buzzer: The Speaker/Buzzer mounts inside the vehicle, near the driver and should be accessible to the driver in order to allow operation of the built-in power switch. A self-adhesive backing used to mount the speaker/buzzer module.
- Program Module: The program module can be mounted under the dash or steering column using the module's self-adhesive backing and supplied wire-ties. Make sure that nothing will accidentally press the module's "Program" switch, as this will de-calibrate the unit.
Connections: The Curb-Alert PRO system's program module features 8' power & ground wires which will need to be connected to your vehicle's 12-volt electrical system. The proximity IR sensor's 12' cable and the 8' harness of the buzzer/speaker module plug into the system's program module.
Ignition Key On/Off: The Curb-Alert PRO will turn on and off with your vehicle's ignition, eliminating potential issues with electronic charging systems on some newer and hybrid vehicles. It only draws 35 milliamps when activated.
- Proximity IR Sensor: 1.5625" (w) x 0.875" (h) x 1.625" (d)
- Speaker/Buzzer: 2.0625" (w) x 1.0" (h) x 1.5" (d)
- Program Module: 2.25" (w) x 1.0" (h) x 2.8125" (d)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked