About the Brandmotion 9002-7802
Crutchfield Advisor Missy is a regular competitor in rodeos and equestrian events, which means she's no stranger to backing up a horse trailer into a tight spot. To help her take the "fingers-crossed" out of reversing a giant rig, we installed Brandmotion's 9002-7802 Trailer Rear Vision Kit in her goose-neck horse trailer and Ram pickup. With the included 7" monitor mounted on her dash and weather-proof camera on her trailer, Missy gets a plentiful, 140° view of what's behind her, so there's less worry of banging a fence post or sinking into a ditch.
Brandmotion provides plenty of cable to run the length of a trailer and of a vehicle, plus a heavy-duty, coiled, quick-disconnect harness to link the space between. Brandmotion's proprietary cable supplies power to the included camera, which means you only need to tap into power once where you install the included monitor. And if you'd like to install a second camera on your vehicle, the monitor features a universal input for a second channel.
- rear-view camera system for trailers with 7" monitor
- includes system wiring harness, coiled trailer connector harness, and two proprietary power/video cables for trailer (65 feet) and truck (33 feet)
- 7" display
- two-channel selectable input
- front-facing aux A/V input
- universal mount
- universal fit with adjustable, rugged mount
- camera sun shield
- infrared night vision
- 140° wide angle
- weatherproof housing
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9002-7802
What's in the box:
- Rear-view IR camera w/integrated mounting bracket / visor and attached 17" cable (terminated in a female 4-pin locking connector)
- 7" TFT LCD monitor w/attached 12" cable (terminated in an 8-pin locking connector) and integrated dash-mount
- Monitor visor
- Wireless IR remote control (battery not included)
- 65'/9" Video cable (4-pin male/female locking connectors on both ends)
- 33'/2" Video cable (4-pin male/female locking connectors on both ends)
- 60" Coiled cable (5-pin female locking connectors on both ends)
- One 39" 4-pin to 5-pin cable (4-pin male locking connector on one end / 5-pin male mounting connector w/snap-cover on other end)
- One 39" 4-pin to 5-pin cable (4-pin female locking connector on one end / 5-pin male mounting connector w/snap-cover on other end)
- 2 Connector mounting brackets
- 3mm Allen key
- 4mm Allen key
- 80" Monitor input harness (8-pin male locking connector on one end / two male 4-pin connectors on other end w/bare ended power w/inline 2A fuse/ground/reverse wires)
- 18" Video/audio/power harness (4-pin female locking connector on one end / composite video/audio and power input barrel plug on other end)
- 20" Video/audio harness (male composite video/audio plugs on one end / male 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 2.5" Adhesive foam strip
- Installation instructions
More details on the Brandmotion 9002-7802
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||0.1 Lux|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||140|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||140|
|Plug type||Proprietary and composite|
Overview: The Brandmotion 9002-7802 Trailer Rear Vision Kit offers invaluable assistance for backing up long trailers. Compatible with tractor/trailer combos up to 53' long, the kit includes a trailer mounted day & night vision camera, mounting hardware, a 7" TFT LCD monitor, a hand-held wireless remote control, and approximately 99' of weather-proof cabling and connectors.
Camera: The 9002-7802 kit includes a heavy-duty CMOS camera equipped with infrared technology. It's housed in a durable waterproof and shock-resistant aluminum alloy shell that includes a built-in mounting bracket and adjustable sunshade. The camera carries an IP66 weather-proof rating. During daytime operation, the camera displays a crystal clear color display image, and in low-light conditions, will automatically activate the built-in IR LED for a black and white image. It also features automatic backlight compensation, automatic gain control, and automatic white-balance. The camera offers a wide 140˚ of visibility and can be swiveled up and down in the mounting bracket with approximately 130˚ of travel. A looped white wire extends from the connector end of the camera cable that, if cut, will display parking lines on the monitor image.
Display: Included with the rear camera kit is a 7" TFT LCD monitor with a built-in 12" input cable that's terminated in a female 8-pin locking connector. The monitor features an integrated mounting bracket that allows the monitor to be tilted up or down and locked into place. A small speaker on the rear panel allows audio to come through if using a backup camera with a microphone (sold separately) or through the front panel 3.5mm headphone jack. Front panel controls include Volume Up/Down, that also double as navigation arrows when in the Menu, Ch1 and Ch2 buttons for selecting either input, Mode for changing preset picture modes, and Menu. The Menu features screen adjustment options like Brightness, Contrast, and more. A handy snap-on visor is provided for the mount to help cut down screen glare.
Wiring: The included set of heavy-duty cables carry video, power, and ground for the camera from the front of the vehicle, and include weather-proof connectors that can be quickly and easily disconnected and reconnected. A 65' Connector Cable, with 4-pin locking connectors on each end, gets run the length of the trailer, attaching to the camera connector on one end and to one of the 4-pin to 5-pin Vehicle Mounted Connectors. One Vehicle Mount Connector gets mounted to the trailer while the other gets mounted to the truck cab. Each 5-pin end includes a snap-cover to keep dust and water out when not in use. A 60" Coiled Cable is used to link the trailer cable to the truck cab cable. Another 33' 4-pin Connector Cable gets run from the truck side Vehicle Mount Connector up into the cab. Once inside the cab, the 33' Connector Cable gets connected to an 80" Monitor harness that contains 2 male 4-pin input plugs, one from the rear camera and the other for running an additional signal into the monitor. This harness also contains three 9" bare-ended wire leads for power (w/inline 2A fuse), ground, and reverse connections. Two additional harness are provided for using the camera system with an aftermarket display and for running another video/audio signal into the monitor.
- Type: CMOS IR with integrated mounting bracket and visor
- Dimensions: Width - 2.750", Height - 1.625", Depth (w/cable) - 3.50"
- Dimensions with Mounting Bracket/Visor: Width - 3.50", Height - 3.125", Depth (w/cable) - 4.0"
- Power Requirement: 12V - 24V DC
- Power Consumption: <3W
- Maximum Current Draw: <250mA
- Waterproof Class: IP66
- Working Temperature: 14˚F - 140˚F
- Storage Temperature: -4˚F - 158˚F
- Type: TFT LCD
- Screen Size: 7" (diagonally)
- Trailer Connector Cable: 65' 9", 4-pin male/female connectors on each end
- Truck/Cab Connector Cable: 33' 2", 5-pin male connector to 4-pin female on other end
- (2) Vehicle Mounted Connectors: Each 39", one with 4-pin male connector to 5-pin male connector w/snap-cover, the other has a 4-pin female connector to 5-pin male w/snap-cover
- Coiled Cable: 60" with 5-pin female connectors on both ends
1 question already asked