Winch-mount camera for off-road vehicles (Short winch mount)
Our take on the SummitView™ 9002 by Crutchfield's Jon Paul
A view to a thrill
When you're crawling through rugged terrain in a 4x4, it's handy to know what's on the other side of your hood. Clear path? Big rock? Sheer dropoff? The more you see, the more you know. And the more you know, the better your chances of looking like you know what you're doing. The SummitView™ 9002 Winch Mount Front Camera is like a trusted spotter standing twenty feet ahead, but it's small, compact, and you don't have to feed it at the campsite later.
See what's out there
This innovative camera connects to your video receiver or other monitor and gives you an 185-degree view of what's in front of your vehicle, and you can adjust the camera angle 20 degrees up or down to get the view you need. It mounts behind any size or type of fairlead with the camera either on top or mounted upside down below. It's compatible with any standard winch and any type of fairlead mount.
Built tough for the outdoors
Hardcore off-roading has a way of breaking anything that's even a little bit breakable, so the SummitView camera is built to stand up to its environment. The sturdy 11-gauge (3mm thick) camera bracket is powder-coated for durability and you can paint over it if you want to. The wiring and connections are totally waterproof, so even if you're in a stream up to the vehicle's hood, the camera will be just fine.
Useful in town, too
Of course a camera like this makes rock crawling better, but it's also a good thing to have when you're navigating your 4x4 through the wilds of suburbia. The same great view that helps you wiggle between two huge boulders will come in handy when you're trying to park between two minivans at the mall.
The camera is available with two different mounting brackets, Short or Tall. Be sure to choose the one that's right for your fairlead.
- front-mount camera for any standard winch
- available in two sizes to fit tall or short fairlead designs
- tall: 3.35" of height to clear the fairlead
- short: 2" of height to clear the fairlead
- works with your video receiver or other monitor
- 185-degree viewing angle, 20-degree up/down angle adjustability
- can be mounted above or flipped below fairlead
- rugged, outdoor-ready design with waterproof connector and wiring
- powder-coated, paintable mounting brackets
- all fairlead mounting holes are 10" center to center
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Short winch-mount camera bracket
- 8850 Camera (installed on bracket w/attached 12" wiring harness)
- 15' Loomed video cable (w/ 4-pin camera plug on one end and composite video on other end) w/attached 60" power/ground wires
- Fifteen 9" wire ties
- 1 Jar Z-Tech rust inhibitor
- Installation instructions
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The Brandmotion 9002-8850 Short Winch-Mount Front Camera is designed to provide off-roaders with a 185˚ view of the front of the vehicle, displaying closer detail of the upcoming terrain which is especially helpful when hill or rock crawling and general off-roading. The heavy duty powder-coated metal camera bracket can mount behind any size fairlead, either above or flipped upside down below it, and can be painted to match the vehicle color. The camera can be angled in the bracket, up or down by 20˚, and includes a waterproof wiring connector and loomed video line for added protection from the elements, including complete submersion. The 9002-8850 Short bracket gives the camera 2" of height to clear the fairlead. If more height is needed, the 9002-8853 Tall Winch-Mount Front Camera (sold separately) gives 3.35" of mounting height.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.