About the Brandmotion 9002-8857V2
The Wrangler-cam with infrared illumination
The Wrangler-cam with infrared illumination
Brandmotion's 9002-8857V2 rear-view camera integrates nicely into the rugged design of your Wrangler and displays everything it sees on the Jeep touchscreen radio. The camera's wide view and built-in infrared illumination for night driving make it a must-have for the hard-drivin' Wrangler owner. Brandmotion includes optional parking lines to make gauging distance a little easier when you're in reverse.
Brandmotion includes an adjustable bracket and camera head extension piece so you can mount the camera between the spokes of a wide variety of rear-mounted spare tires, including aftermarket tires. You'll also find the wiring harness needed for factory integration as well as a handy module that plugs into your Jeep's OBD-II port and reprograms the factory radio to be compatible with the camera.
Installation Note: Some wire splicing may be required so if this is your first project of this kind, you should consider a professional installation.
- CMOS rear-view camera
- built-in infrared lighting
- includes adjustable bracket for fitting between varying spoke patterns of factory and aftermarket rear spare tire
- wide-angle camera compatible with select Jeep Wrangler factory touchscreen radios
- includes Jeep-specific harness
- OBD-II program module included (no dealer activation needed)
- parking lines and mirror image (selectable at time of installation)
- camera specs:
- 648 x 488 lines of resolution
- 170° wide viewing angle
- 0 Lux minimum for night driving
- IP67 weather-resistance rating
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 9002-8857V2
What's in the box:
- IR Camera w/integrated spare-tire bracket (attached 6' video cable)
- 18.5' Video cable w/ female 4-pin plug on one end / female composite video and DC input plugs on other end (pre-attached to camera video cable)
- 21" Power/video adapter cable (male composite video and DC plugs on one end / male composite video and bare-ended power&ground wires on other end)
- OBDII Flashing module
- 18" Factory display connector (22-pin plug on one end / female composite video plug on other end)
- 4.250" Camera extension bracket
- 3 Push-nuts
- Fifteen 8.5" wire-ties
- Installation instructions
Brandmotion 9002-8857V2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Brandmotion 9002-8857V2
Overview: Brandmotion's 9002-8857V2 kit lets you add rear-view functionality to your Jeep Wrangler equipped with a factory video screen. It includes a high-quality CMD-III camera mounted on an innovative spare tire hub mounting bracket. Integrated IR (Infrared) LEDs provide added visibility for night time driving. The 9002-8857V2 carries an IP67 weatherproof rating, making it impervious to the elements.
Spare Tire Mount: The included camera bracket is specifically designed to mount behind the spare tire with the camera partially concealed between two of the upper wheel spokes. This allows the camera to be centered on the rear of the vehicle looking down, offering a wide 170˚(V) x 120˚(H) field-of-view. The bracket's mounting arm can be adjusted up/down and right/left, providing up to 6" of horizontal adjustment and 4" of vertical adjustment. A 3" Short Camera Bracket (pre-attached) and a 4-1/4" Long Camera Bracket are included for varying depths of wheel offset.
Note: Care must be taken to not run the camera cable through the center of the camera bracket, as this will cut the cable and void the warranty.
Viewing Options: The 9002-8857V2 rear camera display comes defaulted to display Parking Grid Lines and in Mirror mode. These can be changed by connecting the 2 bare-ended wires for each on the camera cable:
- Green: Connect wires to remove Parking Grid Lines.
- White: Connect wires to switch from Mirror to Rear-View mode.
Wiring: All wiring for the add-on rear-view camera is included. The camera includes an attached 6' video cable that comes pre-connected to an 18.5' extension cable for running to the front of the vehicle. A 21" power/video adapter converts the video connector to a composite video jack which plugs into one end of the 22-pin factory display harness. The 22-pin plug attaches to the back of the factory display radio.
Flashing Module: Included with the rear-view camera kit is an OBDII flash module. This is used to "activate" the rear-view feature of the factory radio, avoiding a trip to the dealership to have the vehicle flashed. After the installation is complete, the vehicle is run for approximately 20-30 seconds, then the flashing module is temporarily plugged into the OBDII port. When the green light on the flashing module lights, programming is complete and the module is removed.
Note: The flashing module is VIN locked for single vehicle use only.