About the Brandmotion TRNS-2120
Check your trailer with two views
Check your trailer with two views
No doubt about it — backing up a trailer can be stressful. That's why Brandmotion applied all of their expertise as specialty backup cam pros to create the TRNS-2120 rear-view system for trailers. The "Transparent Trailer" system beats blind spot problems by letting you keep an eye on two video feeds from your trailer via your replacement rear-view mirror. Along with the replacement rear-view mirror, you'll get universal wiring harnesses for running the length of your truck and trailer, as well as two weather-proof cameras. Mount one camera on the rear of your trailer for a wide-angle, 170° view of what's behind you. Use the second included camera for an additional view inside or outside your trailer, depending on where you mount it — you decide where you need it most. Keep an eye on precious cargo, as in the case of a horse trailer, or add video coverage for lane-changing. Both cameras can be installed to provide a constant live feed at the press of a button.
The system's monitor makes a proper replacement mirror with auto-dimming for day and night driving. It also provides a full-screen 9.66" HD view of the included cameras' video feed. Switch between video feeds and mirror functionality with the easy press of a button.
Easy to connect and disconnect
Brandmotion uses rugged connectors that make it easy to make a video connection between your truck and trailer. When you need to stow your trailer, disconnection is just as simple.
Brandmotion provides plenty of cable to run the length of your trailer and vehicle, along with heavy-duty, coiled, quick-disconnect harnesses to link the space between. Brandmotion's proprietary cable supplies power to both of the cameras, which means you only need to tap into power once; when you install the mirror/monitor.
- rear-view camera package for trailers with two cameras and rear-view mirror/monitor
- designed for trailers up to 65' long
- system includes:
- wiring harness
- 60" coiled trailer connector harness
- two proprietary power/video cables for trailer (65 feet) and truck (33 feet)
- Mirror Specifications:
- Super HD video touchscreen with D-tab wedge mount bracket
- 9-11/16" screen
- resolution: 1980 x 320
- two video inputs
- optional parking lines
- universal mount
- universal fit with adjustable, rugged mount
- infrared night vision
- 170° wide angle
- weatherproof, shock-resistant housing
- weatherproof housing
- proprietary cable supplies power to the cameras
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TRNS-2120
What's in the box:
- Rearview mirror w/ attached D-tab wedge mount and 13" video cable
- 2 Rearview IR cameras w/integrated mounting bracket/visor and attached 18" cable (terminated in a female 4-pin locking connector)
- 65.5' Video cable (4-pin male/female locking connectors on both ends)
- 33' Video cable (4-pin male/female locking connectors on both ends)
- Video Y-adapter w/ two attached 33' extension cables (5-pin male mounting connector w/snap-cover on one end / two female 4-pin connectors on other ends)
- 60" Coiled cable (5-pin female locking connectors on both ends)
- 3' Video Y-cable (5-pin male mounting connector w/snap-cover on one end / two male 4-pin connectors on other end)
- 70" Monitor-mirror input cable w/ two male 4-pin inputs and power/ground/trigger wires on one end / single male 8-pin connector on other end (inline 2A fuse)
- 2 Cable mounting brackets
- Cable guide
- Two 3M adhesive pads
- Eight 1/2" self-tapping screws
- One 16mm machine screw
- 3 Flat-washers
- 1 Lock-washer
- 1 Nut
- Two 2mm Allen keys
- Registration & owner's manual download information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Brandmotion TRNS-2120
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Lux Rating||0.1 Lux|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||170 degrees|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||130 degrees|
Overview: The Brandmotion TRNS-2120 Transparent Trailer Rear Vision System provides you with a clear, unobstructed view of what's behind your trailer. The system includes a replacement mirror/monitor, with a full HD screen, two IR LED cameras that can be mounted on the outside of a trailer or truck cab, and a little over 108' of cabling, making the Transparent Trailer Rear Vision System ideal for even the largest rigs.
Cameras: The TRNS-2120 includes two heavy-duty CMOS cameras equipped with infrared technology. Each camera is housed in a durable, waterproof and shock-resistant aluminum alloy shell that includes a built-in mounting bracket and adjustable sunshade. The cameras carry an IP68 weather-proof rating. During daytime operation, the cameras display a crystal clear color display image, and in low-light conditions, will automatically activate the built-in IR LED for a black and white image with up to 0.1 Lux. The cameras also feature automatic white-balance and an electronic auto-iris. The cameras offers a wide 170˚ horizontal and 130˚vertical field of view, and can be swiveled up and down in the mounting bracket with approximately 90˚ of travel.
Monitor Mirror: The TRNS-2120 replacement mirror features a 9.66" LCD touchscreen with a high definition 1980x320 pixel (1080p) edge-to-edge display. The full touchscreen provides easy adjustment for all settings and features advanced anti-glare tempered glass. The bottom button on the monitor mirror lets you quickly switch between the two camera inputs. Pressing and holding the bottom button will switch between the mirror and the rear camera view.
Selectable Options: Each of the included cameras feature two viewing options that can be selected via two wires on the cameras with jumper plugs:
- Parking Gridlines: Can be added by plugging in the Green wire jumper.
- Mirror Image: A mirror image can be displayed by plugging in the White wire jumper.
Wiring: The TRNS-2120 features heavy-duty cabling with watertight connectors, designed for commercial vehicle use. Trailer- and cab-mounted video cables are joined together via a 60" coiled-cable that can be quickly and easily disconnected when the trailer is not in use. Each outside cable connection includes a snap-cover to keep water and debris out when the coiled-cable is not connected. 70" Power and ground wires on the monitor mirror input cable get connected inside the cab of the vehicle and provide power for the mirror and the two cameras.