- aircraft-grade aluminum chassis helps control temperature and minimizes vibration
- stand included for positioning horizontally or vertically
- built-in class A headphone amplifier
- compatible with headphones with 32-600 ohms impedance
- high-performance AKM VERITA AK4490 32-bit/384kHz digital-to-analog converter for precise playback of digital music files
- high-res audio playback, including PCM-based files up to 32-bit/384Hz and DSD256
- toroidal power supply provides clean, robust power to the advanced audio circuitry
- preamp mode with balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs for connection to an outboard power amp or self-amplified speakers
- 1 USB Type-B for connection to a computer
- 2 S/PDIF digital inputs
- 1 optical digital (Toslink)
- If connecting to a TV, please make sure you can select "PCM" output in its audio menu. This DAC is not compatible with Dolby® Digital signals.
- S/PDIF digital output
- 1 pair balanced stereo XLR audio outputs
- 1 pairs of RCA stereo outputs
- 1 balanced 4-pin XLR output
- 1 balanced 2.5mm headphone output (only 4-pole supported)
- 1 unbalanced 1/4" headphone jack
- Type B USB input supports up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution for PCM; up to 256 for DSD
- S/PDIF input supports up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution for PCM
- Toslink optical input supports up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution for PCM
General info and Specs:
- front-panel LED display indicates the file format currently playing
- clock-calibrated volume knob
- total harmonic distortion: 0.0013% (300 ohm)
- max power output:
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 110dB (RCA), 113dB (XLR)
- 980mW (32 ohms)
- 106mW (300 ohms)
- 11"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-1/2"D
- weight: 5.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CMA400i
What's in the box:
- Headphone Amp/Preamp/DAC
- 4' AC power cord
- User's Manual
- USB Driver CD-ROM
- Warranty Card
Questyle Audio CMA400i DAC reviews
It can easily drive my Audeze LCD 2s - Sounds fantastic. Really improves the soundstage - an I have not yet tried it with a balanced cable. It's kinda lame that Crutchfield doesn't sell quality headphone cables. Also, There are no RCA's in for just amplification. Still evaluating. Currently have a Bluesound node 2i into it via optical. This is a good brand.
Pros: Sound, Power, toroidal transformer, Balanced out to two channel amp.
Cons: No analog in for amplification, No MQA decoding
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Questyle Audio CMA400i DAC
Headphone Amplifier Section: The Questyle CMA400i is built with four groups of pure Class A Current Mode amplifiers and all discrete circuitry, which achieves an ultra-low distortion level of 0.0009% and ultra-wide bandwidth up to DC-600kHz(+0,-3dB). The CMA400i features a 4-PIN balanced XLR output, a 2.5mm balanced headphone jack, and a 1/4" (6.35mm) standard unbalanced headphone jack. Gain Control switches on the bottom of the chassis provide the perfect driving power for different headphones (32- to 300-ohm). Its impressive technical performance together with its warm and powerful sound makes the CMA400i comparable with high-end headphone amplifiers that are much more expensive.
Note: You cannot connect to more than one headphone jack at a time.
Preamplifier Section: In addition to a headphone amplifier, the Questyle CMA400i can also be used as a preamplifier. It is equipped with unbalanced (RCA) and balanced (XLR) outputs. The RCA output level is up to 4Vrms and XLR output level is up to 8Vrms, which can meet the requirements of most power amplifiers for output level.
AKM AK4490 DAC: The Questyle CMA400i utilizes a high performance AKM AK4490 DAC that supports 2ch stereo 16- to 32-bit/44.1-384kHz PCM files; as well as Native DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DoP64, DoP128 music files
True DSD (Direct Stream Digital) Technology: True DSD technology is one of the core patented technologies of Questyle Audio. It processes DSD signals without any PCM conversion and provides True DSD audio, which is fundamentally different from DoP and Native DSD. When the system processes DSD signals, all the digital filters as well as digital volume control are bypassed, strictly following the standard processing of SACD playback.
USB-B Port for Computer Audio Streaming: The Questyle CMA400i is outfitted with a USB-B port for connecting your Windows PC or Mac computer. It supports playback of 2ch stereo 16- to 32-bit/44.1-384kHz PCM files; as well as Native DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DoP64, DoP128 music files. The unit is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 using the included USB Driver on CD-ROM. It also supports Mac OS 10.5.7 and later without any additional USB Driver. The Questyle CMA400i bypasses the inferior DAC in your computer and utilizes its own high performance AKM AK4490 DAC for exceptional sound quality from your computer's digital music library.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Connectivity: The Questyle CMA400i features one optical (toslink) digital input, two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs, and one coaxial (RCA) digital output. The digital inputs and output support 2ch stereo 16- to 24-bit/44.1-192kHz audio files (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS).
Protection Circuitry: The CMA400i offers DC output and Short-Circuit Protection to shut off the unit and protect your headphones in case of a malfunction.
Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Chassis: The Questyle CMA400i's black and sandblasted chassis is made of CNC-tooled, aircraft-grade Aluminum 6063 and manufactured by Foxconn. Each panel has passed CNC standards with a tolerance under ±0.02mm.