About the Denon Pro Commander Sport
Making great outdoor sound easy
Making great outdoor sound easy
Music makes everything better, and that includes your outdoor get-togethers, pool parties, beach days, and barbecues. Good outdoor sound used to be hard to come by without heavy equipment and access to an electrical outlet, but Denon's modern technology gives you the Commander Sport, a totally wireless, lightweight, one-piece portable PA solution featuring a handheld UHF wireless microphone transmitter for maximum freedom of movement and Bluetooth connectivity in a water-resistant design that's perfect for outdoor use.
Multiple sound sources
The Commander Sport features a built-in 120-watt amplifier which drives a heavy-duty 8" woofer and a 3" tweeter for full-range sound. The system runs on its internal rechargeable battery or AC power. Inputs include a XLR/1/4" TRS combo jack with switchable level for mic or line sources and a minijack AUX input. The Commander Sport also features two USB ports; one provides 1A charging for your portable devices, and the second also supports music playback from a USB flash drive.
Separate level controls
The control panel features separate volume controls for Aux In, mic/line input, the wireless mic, and the USB/SD card/Bluetooth inputs as well as a master volume control. A Tempo knob allows you to increase or decrease the tempo of a track from USB or SD card sources.
The Commander Sport's IPX4-rated water-resistant design keeps the unit safe from spills and splashes, making it ideal for outdoor and pool-side use. The package's luggage handle and wheels allow easy transport and quick set-up.
- lightweight, portable all-in-one PA system
- 120-watt amplifier
- 2-way sealed speaker enclosure with 8" woofer and 3" tweeter
- wireless mic (2.4Ghz digital)
- rechargeable battery with 40 hours life
- Bluetooth connectivity allows wireless streaming from your smartphone or portable music device
- IPX4 water-resistant design
- Tempo knob allows you to increase/decrease tempo of a USB or SD track
- inputs: aux input (3.5 mm); 2 USB ports; SD card slot; XLR/1/4" combo jack
- outputs: 1/4" out
- battery life: up to 40 hours (8 hours recharge time)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 20-1/8"H x 17-3/4"W x 8-7/8"D
- weight: 25-3/4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # COMMANDER SPORT
What's in the box:
- Portable PA
- Wireless microphone w/ built-in transmitter
- Cloth microphone carry-bag
- 71" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- 24" Stereo mini cable (3.5mm male on both ends)
- User guide
- Safety and warranty booklet
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Denon Pro Commander Sport
Features & specs
|Mic inputs||XLR/1/4" combo|
|Line inputs||XLR/1/4" combo|
|Number of speakers||1|
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||3|
|System Frequency response||20-20k|
Overview: The Denon Commander Sport is an all-in-one, water-resistant, sub-compact PA system. It can run on AC power or its internal rechargeable battery and includes a handheld wireless microphone. Playback capabilities include streaming audio from Bluetooth enabled devices, USB, an SD card, or from the 3.5 mm stereo Aux input jack. It also includes an XLR/TRS combo jack for a wired microphone (sold separately). The Commander Sport features built-in wheels and a retractable luggage handle, for easy transport, and its IPX4 rated water-resistant design makes it ideal for applications around swimming pools, water parks, and other outdoor venues.
Drivers: The Commander Sport features a two-way speaker design that includes an 8" woofer along with a 3" tweeter in a sealed enclosure, both protected by a powder-coated metal-mesh grill. The drivers are powered by a 120 watts RMS internal amplifier.
Enclosure: Featuring a durable and robust enclosure, the Commander Sport carries an IPX4 water-resistance rating, making it ideal for outdoor use. All jacks and media slots feature rubberized snap-on covers to prevent water ingress, while all the controls feature rubberized knobs and buttons. The wheeled enclosure includes a heavy-duty non-adjustable carry-handle along with a retractable pull-handle for easy transportation.
Wireless Microphone: Included with the Commander Sport is a wireless hand-held UHF microphone. The mic is powered from 2 AA batteries (not included) that are held inside the mic housing. Operating on a UHF frequency range of 584 - 608 MHz, the mic can automatically lock into one of 16 available channels, and has a wireless range of approximately 75 feet. A simple mic setup procedure allows the PA to scan for an unused, interference-free channel wherever its being used.
Bluetooth Streaming: The Commander Sport includes built-in Bluetooth connectivity (Ver. 4.0) for streaming audio through the PA from a Bluetooth enabled playback device. The PA supports A2DP and AVRCP and operates on a 2.4 - 2.48 GHz frequency range. It offers a maximum transmitting power of +4 dBm for a transmission range of up to 60 feet.
Media Playback: Along with Bluetooth audio streaming, the Denon PA also includes the following media slots:
- USB: Two USB ports (Type-A, 2.0) are provided, both capable of providing 1A for charging. The left USB port is strictly for charging devices, while the right USB can charge as well as allow playback from a USB flash drive. The USB port supports MP3 and WAV files.
- SD Card: An SD card slot also allows playback of MP3 and WAV files.
- Aux Input: The PA's control panel includes a 3.5 mm stereo Aux Input jack for playing line-level signals from a CD player, laptop, tablet, phone, or portable playback device.
Inputs and Output: In addition to the Aux Input jack, the PA also includes an XLR/1/4" combo jack that can accept either Line or Mic level signals. A Mic/Line button determines how the input jack will be used. The PA also includes a 1/4" TRS Output jack for passing the main output signal to another Commander Sport or other amplified speaker system. Note: The Commander Sport does not supply phantom power for a wired condenser microphone that may require it.
Controls and Display: The Commander PA system features a weather-resistant control panel and display with the following playback and tone shaping controls:
- Play/Pause, Stop, Next Track, and Previous Track: These buttons provide common playback functions for Bluetooth, USB, and SD card sources.
- Shuffle and Repeat: These functions are used specifically for SD card and USB file playback. Shuffle will play the tracks back in a random order, while Repeat can be set to repeat the current track or repeat all tracks.
- Mode: Cycles through USB, SD, and Bluetooth sources.
- Browse/Select/Enter: This rotary/push-button dial is used for navigating through menu options on the LCD display.
- Back: Exits you out of a folder or menu.
- Level Controls: Along with a Master Volume dial, 4 additional dials are included for controlling individual levels for Aux In, Mic/Line, Wireless Mic, and USB/SD/Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth: Pressing this button will disconnect the PA from a connected Bluetooth device.
- LCD Display: The large LCD display can show battery level, charging status, Bluetooth connection, input sources, and track playback information.
- Tempo: This dial can increase or decrease the tempo or speed of a track when playing USB or SD sources. This is useful when using the PA for audio playback during exercises or water aerobics.
- Reverb: Controls the amount of Reverb applied to the main output signal.
- EQ: High, Mid, and Low dials adjust the equalization of the main output signal.
- Wireless Mic Receiver: This section of the control panel contains Up, Down, and Set buttons that are used for setting up the wireless microphone.
Power Options: The Commander Sport includes a built-in 12V / 7Ah rechargeable battery. A full charge can provide up to 40 hours of use with a recharge time of approximately 8 hours. The PA can also be powered from a standard AC outlet with the included 71" power cord. The internal power supply is universal and can work with an input voltage range of 100 - 240 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz.
- Output Power: 120 W RMS
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Woofer: 8"
- Tweeter: 3"
- Inputs: (1) XLR / 1/4" combo jack, (1) 1/8" TRS jack, (2) USB ports (only one for playback)
- Output: (1) 1/4" TRS
- Water Resistance: IPX4
- Wireless Microphone:
- Operating Frequency: UHF 584 - 608 MHz
- Available Channels: 16
- Range: Up to 75 feet
- Power: 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Version: 4.0
- Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP
- Range: Up to 60 feet
- Maximum Transmission Power: +4 dBm
- Frequency: 2.4 - 2.48 GHz
- Types: USB, SD card slot
- File Types: MP3 and WAV
- Internal Battery:
- Capacity: 12V / 7Ah
- Duration: Up to 40 hours
- Recharge Time: Approx. 8 hours
- Connection: IEC 3-pin
- Input Voltage: 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Consumption: 80 Watts
- Fuse: T2AL 250 V
- Dimensions: Width - 18.0", Height - 20.0" (36" with pull-handle extended), Depth - 11.0"
- Weight: 25.8 lbs.