4-channel amplifier — 120 watts x 4
Our take on the Denon DN-470A by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
A versatile commercial amplifier
The Denon DN-470A is a handy amplifier for a small- to medium-sized commercial space. Connect audio sources to one or more of the four input channels, and speakers to the four pairs of outputs, and you're in business. It's ideal for systems requiring multiple in-ceiling speakers, surface-mount speakers, and paging horns.
Get a free system design
- 4-channel amplifier for commercial audio distribution
- output: 120 watts RMS x 4
- frequency response: 100-15,000 Hz
- high-current switching power design
- signal, clipping and thermal interruption indicators
- short-circuit and open-circuit protection
- individual output volume controls
- 4 three-pin Euroblock inputs
- 8 three-pin Euroblock outputs (A and B outputs for each channel)
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 11-1/8"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 10.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 71" Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Two 6-pin Euroblock (Phoenix) connectors
- Four 4-pin Euroblock connectors
- User Guide
- Safety and warranty guide
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Denon DN-470A is a 4-channel Class-D amplifier designed for 70 and 100 volt applications. It's high-current switching power design offers 120 watts for each output channel, along with built-in short circuit protection and thermal interruption. Engineered for distribution of multiple70V/100V speaker systems over long cable runs, the DN-470A is a versatile one rack-space amplifier, perfect for installed audio applications.
Front-Panel: The DN-470A features 4 individual front-panel Level controls, one per output channel, with a range from -∞ (off) to 40 dB. Each Level control also includes 3 LED indicators for the following:
- Signal: This LED will light green when the amp is receiving a signal at an optimal level.
- Clip: This LED will light red when the signal reaches peak level and should be reduced to prevent clipping and distortion.
- Protection: The Protection LED will light red if the unit goes into heat protection mode. The temperature should be reduced by providing good ventilation and decreasing the signal level.
Rear-Panel: The amplifier's rear-panel features an Input Channel section, a Speaker Output section (both using Euroblock connectors), and a 4-selection DIP switch matrix:
- Input Channels: Two 6-pin Euroblock connectors make up the 4 inputs with each having terminals for hot/positive (+), cold/negative (-), and ground (G).
- Speaker Outputs: The DN-470A includes 8 connections for the 4 output channels (2 per channel) using four 4-pin Euroblock connectors. This adds flexibility when wiring multiple speakers in different locations. Both the Input and Output connectors can accommodate wire up to 12 ga. in size.
- DIP Switch Matrix: The rear-panel also includes a 4-position DIP switch matrix that determines whether each of the 4 Output channels will be used for 70 volt or 100 volt operation.
Cooling: The DN-470A includes a built-in cooling fan that draws air in through a front-panel intake and exits through a rear-panel vent.
- Number of Channels: 4
- Amplifier Type: 70/100 Volt
- Maximum Power Output: 120 Watts x 4 channels
- Amplifier Class: D
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 15 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 95 dB
- Channel Separation: > 70 dB
- Input Sensitivity: 0.9 - 1.1 V
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ balanced, 10 kΩ unbalanced
- Input Connections: Two 6-pin Euroblock connectors
- Output Connections: Four 4-pin Euroblock connectors
- Input Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: Width - 19.0", Height - 1.75", Depth - 14.0"
- Net Weight: 10.4 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
You can use a cable like this one: www.crutchfield.com/p_1426RCA35A/item.html And follow the instructions in this video for connecting it: https://www.crutchfield.com/learn/video-wiring-rca-cables-to-phoenix-style-connectors-in-a-commercial-system.html If you have any further questions on this, I recommend contacting one of our commercial audio advisors on 1.800.315.2758 My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Paul [ Paul Dec 06, 2018 ] Staff