LCD touchscreen remote control for Zonetech processor
Our take on the Rane DR6 by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Intuitive touchscreen control for a multi-zone system
The Rane DR6 offers intuitive touchscreen control for a multi-source, multi-zone commercial audio system run by a RANE Zonetech processor. It features a user-customizable interface with source selection and volume control tools that can be configured to suit your preferences. The color screen can display your business logo or any other custom background you choose.
Requires Rane Remote Power Injector (not included).
Get a free system design
- full-color 7" (diagonal) LCD touchscreen
- resolution: 800 x 480 pixels (16-bit)
- can be programmed to display custom background images and logos
- compatible with Rane Zonetech multi-zone processor
- supports multiple pages or tabs
- can be mounted over standard electrical box or directly on-wall (mounting plate and screws included)
- protected by secure user access logins
- connects to system via CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable
- Rane Remote Power Injector required (not included)
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 7-5/8"W x 4-1/2"H x 13/16"D
- weight: 4.75 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- DR6 Touchscreen remote control
- Wall-mount bracket
- Two 30mm screws
- Two 6mm machine screws
- Two drywall anchors
- DR6 Product overview sheet
- RPI Power injector overview (power injector not included)
- Safety and warranty booklet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Rane DR6 is a fully customizable touchscreen remote for use with Rane's Halogen software based family of products, such as the Zonetech or HAL3 multiprocessors.
Control: The DR6 features a 7" color LCD touchscreen that supports multiple pages or tabs, and any set of levels, toggles, selectors and/or commands, all of which can be resized and configured using Rane's proprietary Halogen software, downloadable here (Windows 7 SP1 or higher, 32- and 64-bit, Mac not supported). The Control Page Designer in the Halogen software allows you to create one set of configuration pages and use them in both a web control design and the DR6 display. After downloading the Halogen software, the DR6 will automatically be detected when connected to the computer. Once the configuration has been loaded to the DR6, the computer will no longer be needed for operation. Multiple on-screen user-access logins can be created to secure the management pages from public or staff access. The DR6 features a programmable ambient light sensor that will automatically dim the LCD backlighting.
Note: Failure to load a configuration into the DR6 will result in no audio output.
Mounting and Connection: The provided wall-mount bracket allows the DR6 to be surface-mounted over top of a standard U.S. electrical box, or can be flush-mounted in a wall cutout. The rear-panel RJ-45 socket provides connection to the Rane RPI (Remote Power Injector, sold separately) to power the touchscreen remote, which then gets connected to the multiprocessor. Shielded Cat-5e or Cat-6 cabling is recommended for both connections.
Note: The Rane RPI is required to power the DR6.
- Touchscreen Display:
- Size: 3.38" x 6.0"
- Resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
- Color Depth: 16-bit
- Ambient Light Sensitivity: Software configurable
- Type: RJ-45
- Recommended Cable Type: Shielded Cat-5e or better
- Maximum Distance (DR6 to RPI to processor): 325 ft.
- Power Requirement: 24VDC @ 500mA (via RPI, sold separately)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 104˚ F
- Dimensions: Width - 7.0", Height - 5.0", Depth - 3.0" (including cable)
- Weight: 4.75 lbs.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.