Rane Remote Power Injector
Power supply for Rane DR6 remote control touchscreen
Our take on the Rane Remote Power Injector by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Rane Remote Power Injector plugs into a standard wall socket and provides power and communication between a Rane Zonetech processor and Rane DR6 touchscreen or similar controller. It features two RJ-45 connectors — one connects to the processor via CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable, and the other makes a similar connection to the controller.
Get a free system design
- provides power and communication between a Rane Zonetech processor and Rane DR6 touchscreen or similar controller
- plugs into grounded wall socket
- connects via CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable
- 6-15/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 1-13/16"D
- weight: 14.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 1 Remote Power Injector
- 71" AC Power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Specification sheet
- Safety and Warranty booklet
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Overview: The Rane RPI (Remote Power Injector) is a necessity for providing power to either a Rane DR6 Touchscreen Digital Remote or a Rane RAD26 One Room Remote Audio Device (both sold separately), when used along with a Zonetech or HAL rack-mount control unit (both sold separately).
Connection: The RPI receives power from an AC power connection. Two RJ-45 sockets allow the Ethernet connection, that runs from the Zonetech or HAL device to the DR6 or RAD26, to pass through the RPI, allowing the RPI to feed the necessary power along with the data signal. Shielded Cat 5e cable (not included) or better should be used to connect the RPI to both peripherals, and can be located at any point between them within a 325 ft. maximum distance.
Construction: The Rane RPI is constructed with a durable metal housing. Mounting tabs with screw holes are provided for mounting to a panel or inside a junction box.
- Data Input: RJ-45 to Zonetech or HAL unit
- Data Output: RJ-45 to DR6 or RAD26
- RPI Power Output: 24VDC @ 500mA
- Maximum Distance: 325 ft. from Zonetech/HAL to DR6/RAD26
- Cable Type Required: Shielded Cat 5e (or better)
- Power Requirement: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 18W Maximum
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 104˚ F
- Dimensions: Width - 2.875", Height - 1.750", Depth - 8.750"
- Weight: 14.1 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.