About the Audiovox ACA501
"Who needs a backup cam when I have mirrors?" Yep, I was one of those guys, but now I'm a total rear-view camera convert. For such a tiny addition to my vehicle, it can make a big difference in how I drive. And Audiovox's ACA501 backup cam delivers everything you need to be a parking pro too, along with a low-profile, seamless look.
Really wide view
Once you power the ACA501 and run the included video cable to the screen up front in your dash, this high-performance camera delivers a wide 180-degree view enhanced with selectable parking lines for precision parking. And there's no need to be afraid of backing up in a parking garage or at night — the ACA501 will give you a crisp picture, even in extremely low light. Its waterproof lip-mount body lets you maintain a more factory look.
Or use it for a front view
Audiovox gives you a mirrored mode in case you want to mount this on the front of your vehicle and keep an eye on high curbs or other scuff-makers.
- lip-mount rear-view HD CCD camera with selectable parking lines
- power and video cable included
- universal fit with two mounting options
- 180-degree wide angle
- minimum illumination: 0.1 Lux
- reversible image
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACA501
What's in the box:
- Backup camera (attached 3' cable)
- 4' Power/Ground cable
- 19' Composite video cable
- 17mm Hole-saw
- Installation Setup Guide
Audiovox ACA501 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiovox ACA501
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||0.1 Lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||180 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||Not given|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Backup Camera: The Voxx ACA501 backup camera features a high-performance 1089 HD CCD image sensor that results in a cleaner, higher-quality image. It also features a 180° wide-angle lens that offers great visibility behind your vehicle. In addition, it has a light sensitivity of 0.1 Lux so the smallest amount of light is need to produce an image of useable quality.
- Mirrored or Normal Mode: The Voxx ACA501 can be used as a backup camera with a mirror image or front camera with a normal image. By default the ACA501 is setup as a backup camera. To use it as a front camera, cut the thin white wire loop on the cable that is attached to the camera.
- Park Assist Lines: When configured as a backup camera Voxx ACA501 will display park assist lines on your connected monitor to aid you in backing up into a parking spot. By default, the ACA501 is setup with the park assist lines activated. To deactivate the park assist line, cut the thin blue wire loop on the cable that is attached to the camera.
Note: This rearview camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Composite Video Output: The Voxx ACA501 backup camera is outfitted with a composite video connector (RCA) which makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash receiver with integrated video monitor and a composite video camera input. The total length of the camera's video cable is 23'.
Waterproof (IP68): The Voxx ACA501 features a waterproof (IP68) housing to protect it from the elements. It's totally protected against dust and protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m for the duration of 30 minutes.
Mounting Options: You will need to drill a 5/8" (17mm) hole in your vehicle's rear or front exterior panel above the license-plate. The rear-view camera mounts in this opening and features an integrated spring-loaded mounting bracket which secures the camera in place. The camera should be mounted from underneath the mounting surface, otherwise image from the camera will not be right side up.
Power & Ground Wires: The Voxx ACA501 features a 7' accessory power wire (red) and a 7' ground wire (black) that will need to be hardwired. Wire the camera's accessory power wire to your vehicle's reverse lamp and attach the ground wire to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Note: Some vehicles with LED style tail lights will require the camera be connected to an accessory power source, as the tail light circuit is not designed to power other devices.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked