About the Audiovox ACA800
Reverse with confidence
Reverse with confidence
"Why do I need a camera to back up when I have mirrors?" Yep, I was one of those guys, but now I'm a total backup camera convert. For such a tiny addition to my vehicle, it can make a big difference in how I drive. No parking spot is too challenging. And Audiovox's ACA800 backup cam delivers everything you need to be a parking pro too.
The big view
This compact camera delivers a wide 170-degree horizontal view enhanced with parking lines so you know exactly how much wiggle room you have behind you. And don't be afraid of backing up in a parking garage or at night, as the ACA800 is enhanced to give you a crisp picture, even in low light. It can be surface-mounted or license plate-mounted.
Or use it for a front view
Audiovox gives you a mirrored mode in case you want to mount this on the front of your vehicle and keep an eye on high curbs or other scuff-makers. Wherever you mount the camera, you'll just run the included video cable from the camera to the monitor in your dash, connect the power cables, and you're in business.
- waterproof backup camera with parking lines
- HD CCD image sensor
- power and video cable included
- universal fit with two mounting options
- compatible with any radio with an RCA video input (most aftermarket models, only a few factory)
- 170-degree wide angle
- minimum illumination: 0.1 Lux
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACA800
What's in the box:
- Camera with license-place bracket (attached 3' cable)
- 4' Power/ground cable (pre-installed)
- 19' Composite video cable
- 3 Self-tapping screws
- Machine screws
- Installation / Owner's Guide
Audiovox ACA800 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiovox ACA800
Features & specs
|Features and Specs|
|Camera Type||Rear or Front|
|Lux Rating||0.1 lux (min)|
|Horizontal Viewing Angle||170 deg|
|Vertical Viewing Angle||Not given|
|Plug type||Composite video|
Backup Camera: The VOXX ACA800 backup camera features a high-performance HD CCD image sensor with a minimum illumination of 0.1 Lux for excellent visibility in bright or lowlight. Its wide-angle lens provides a 170° horizontal viewing angle that offers great visibility.
- Mirrored or Normal Mode: The ACA800 can be used as a backup camera with a mirror image or front camera with a normal image. By default the ACA800 is setup as a backup camera. To use it as a front camera, cut the thin blue wire loop on the cable that is attached to the camera.
- Park Assist Lines: The ACA800 will display park assist lines on your connected monitor to aid you in backing up into a parking spot. By default the ACA800 is setup with park assist lines turned on. To turn off the park assist lines, cut the thin green wire loop on the cable that is attached to the camera.
Note: This rearview camera is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rearview camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rearview camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
Composite Video Output: The VOXX ACA800 backup camera is outfitted with a composite video connector (RCA) which makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash receiver with integrated video monitor and a composite video camera input. The total length of the camera's video cable is 22'.
Waterproof (IP68): The VOXX ACA800 features a waterproof (IP68) housing to protect it from the elements. It's totally protected against dust and protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m for the duration of 30 minutes.
Mounting Options: The VOXX ACA800 backup camera includes a license plate bracket which mounts behind your vehicle's license plate frame. A surface-mount bracket is included, if you cannot use the license plate mounting bracket. Mounting hardware is included for the installation of either bracket. Both brackets allow you to adjust the up and down angle of the camera.
Note: The license plate bracket is designed to work best on vehicles that have a license plate located at the center and above the bumper. If your vehicle has a plate location that is offset to the left side, right side, or your plate is located under the bumper, then the surface-mount bracket is the better choice.
Power & Ground Wires: The VOXX ACA800 features a 7' accessory power wire (red) and a 7' ground wire (black); the 22' composite video cable aslo provides an accessory power wire. The power & ground wires will need to be hardwired. Power can be obtained from your vehicle's reverse light circuit or from the +12V accessory wire of your aftermarket stereo (if applicable). The ground will need to be connected to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Note: Some vehicles with LED style tail lights will require the camera be connected to an accessory power source, as the tail light circuit is not designed to power other devices.
Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked