About the Voxx ACABSC1
Voxx's ACABSC1 blind spot cameras make an excellent addition to a large vehicle or RV where sightlines are a serious problem, but they'll enhance your experience in a hatchback just as well. Their universal, adhesive-backed housings fit nicely under most side-view mirrors, but can also be used as front- and rear-view cameras, equipped with parking lines.
If you use them as side cameras, you'll tap into your corresponding turn signal wires for power so that your triggered view will show you where you plan to merge or turn. If you use one as a rear-view camera, you'll tap into your reverse lights for power so that you'll see what's behind you when you shift into reverse.
Note: This camera kit requires a monitor or receiver with two composite video inputs in order to use both cameras.
- CMOS color cameras (pair)
- includes two 23-foot extension cables (RCA composite connector)
- universal fit (3M adhesive backing)
- designed to be mounted underneath your side-view mirrors
- can be used as backup cams
- 150-degree wide angle
- selectable reverse image and parking lines
- waterproof (IP67)
- receiver or monitor must have two composite video inputs
- minimum illumination: 0.2 Lux
- dimensions: 2-5/8"W x 7/8"H x 1-3/8"D (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACABSC1
What's in the box:
- 2 Blind spot cameras w/ 3M adhesive backing and attached 78" video cables (proprietary connectors)
- Two 23' video extension cables w/ attached 78" power/ground wires (proprietary connector on one end / male composite video plug on other end / inline 1A fuse)
- Installation guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Voxx ACABSC1
Blind Spot Camera: The Voxx ACABSC1 blind spot camera kit features 2 high-resolution, color, 1/3" CMOS cameras that can provide a clean, higher-quality image. Each camera features a 150° wide-angle lens for an improved view of your blind spot areas. The cameras are primarily designed to be mounted underneath your side-view mirrors, providing enhanced side visibility, but can also be used in a variety of locations, including front-facing. Each camera has a light sensitivity of 0.2 Lux so only the smallest amount of light is needed to produce an image of useable quality.
- Mirrored or Normal Mode: Each Voxx ACABSC1 camera is defaulted to display a "mirror" image, but can be changed to display a "normal" (non-mirror) image by cutting the white looped wire on that camera's cable.
- Park Assist Lines: Each Voxx ACABSC1 camera will display park assist lines on your connected monitor to aid you when backing up. By default, the ACABSC1 is setup with the park assist lines activated. To deactivate the park assist line, cut the thin green looped wire on that camera's cable.
Note: This blind spot camera kit is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the camera image when backing-up or changing lanes. In addition to using the blind spot cameras, always look behind and beside you to make sure everything is clear.
Composite Video Output: Each of the Voxx ACABSC1 blind spot cameras is outfitted with a proprietary video connector that plugs into its video extension cable. Each 23' extension cable in turn has a male composite video plug (RCA) on the other end which makes it compatible with virtually any in-dash receiver that has an integrated video monitor with a composite video camera input (sold separately).
Note: The Voxx blind spot camera kit requires a monitor with 2 composite video inputs to use both cameras.
Waterproof (IP67): The Voxx ACABSC1 features a waterproof (IP67) housing to protect it from the elements. It's totally protected against dust and protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m for the duration of 30 minutes.
Mounting Options: Each camera is housed in its own low-profile mount with 3M adhesive backing. The cameras were primarily designed to be mounted underneath each side-view mirror on your vehicle, but can also be used in just about any location where driver visibility is poor. Each camera can be swiveled inside its mount for optimum positioning.
Power & Ground Wires: The Voxx ACABSC1 features 78" accessory power (red) and ground wires (black) that will need to be hardwired to the vehicle. When using the cameras on each side of the vehicle, the power wire for each camera can be spliced into the vehicle's corresponding turn signal wire for activation. Alternatively, if used in conjunction with reversing, the power wires can be spliced into the vehicle's reverse wire for activation.