About the Audiovox ADC120
The Audiovox ADC120 power inverter keeps your portable electronics going when you're away from home, and this compact inverter can travel with you just about anywhere. The ADC120 features a 3-prong AC receptacle and a USB power port, and it'll work with your laptop, iPod®, cell phone, and many other devices. The package includes an airplane power adapter so you can enjoy your portables at 30,000 feet, along with a cigarette lighter adapter for your car.
- portable DC to AC power inverter
- 25" cord works with cigarette lighter or DC power outlet
- 25" airplane power cord
- USB power port and 3-prong 110/120V AC outlet
- bi-color LED power light
- 120-watt continuous power output (240-watt surge rating)
- over-temperature, low-battery, high-voltage, short circuit, and overload protection circuits
- 15A external fuse
- 5-5/16"W x 1"H x 2-11/16"D
- weight: 4.35 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ADC120
What's in the box:
- 120-Watt portable power inverter
- 25" Power cord with airline adapter plug on one end
- Cigarette lighter adapter plug
- Replacement 15-amp glass fuse
- User's Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiovox ADC120
Overview: The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter can be used to operate personal electronics and mobile office equipment. It can also be used to recharge 110/120-Volt AC devices that have an appropriate recharging adapter with a standard North American two or three-prong plug. The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter can be used with the following electronic devices: Digital cameras, iPods/MP3 players, Camcorders, Mobile phones PDA's, Laptop computers, Portable TV's, Battery chargers, Portable printers, DVD players, Mini Disk players, Portable CD players, Portable Gaming systems, Video Gaming systems.
Note: The inverter will not operate appliances and equipment that generate heat, such as hair dryers, electric blankets, microwave ovens, and toasters.
Two Stage Operation: The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter converts power in two stages. The first stage is a DC-to-DC conversion process that raise the low voltage DC at the inverter input to 145 volts DC. The second is a MOSFET bridge stage that converts the high voltage DC into 11-/120 volts, 60 Hz AC.
Connections: The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter is an DC to AC inverter which supplies you with normal household AC power when connected to a 12-volt DC power outlet, such as the cigarette lighter plug found in your vehicle. It also features an adapter, which plugs into the power receptacle on a plane, and eliminates the need for back up batteries. The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter features a 3-prong AC receptacle and a USB power port. The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter features the following connections.
- EM 12-Volt DC Airplane Cord: The inverter comes supplied with a 25" power cord terminated by an airline adapter for use during your airplane travels.
- 12-Volt DC Vehicle Accessory Adapter: The inverter also comes with a 12-Volt cigarette lighter adapter which connects to the end of the supplied 25" power cord and plugs into your vehicle's 12-volt power port or cigarette lighter port.
- Standard North American 110/120-Volt AC Outlet: The inverter features a standard North American 110/120-Volt 3-prong AC outlet for connecting your electronic AC devices.
- USB Power Port: The inverter also features a USB type-A port for connecting your portable electronic devices.
Note: The inverter's USB Power Port does not support data communication. It only provides 5 volts/500mA DC power to an external USB-powered device.
Chassis Design: The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter features a compact size (5.295"W x 1.0"H x 2.645"D) along with quiet and efficient operation.
Protection: The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter features high-voltage, low battery, short circuit and thermal protection. This electronic circuit protection prevents damage due to overload and insufficient ventilation (overheat condition). The unit also features a high-speed cooling fan to prevent overheating.
- Low Battery Voltage: This condition is harmful to the inverter, and could damage the power source., so the inverter will automatically shut down when input voltage drop below 10.5 volts DC (+/-0.5 volts).
- Input Voltage Too High: The inverter will automatically shut down when DC input voltage exceed 15 volts, as this can harm the unit.
- Thermal Shutdown Protection: The invert will automatically shut down when the unit becomes overheated.
- Overload/Short Circuit Protection: The invert will automatically shut down if a short circuit occurs.
- AC Ground Leakage: The inverter will automatically shut down when leakage current exceeds a preset safety level.
Note: Ensure wattage off all equipment simultaneously plugged into the power inverter does not exceed 120-watts continuous.
Bi-Color LED Indicator: The Audiovox 120-Watt Portable Power Inverter features a bi-color LED indicator. Once the inverter is properly connected to a 12-Volt DC power source, the bi-color LED indicator lights Green when the inverter is connected to DC power and the unit power is On. If the unit senses a fault condition, the inverter will shutdown and the bi-color LED indicator will light Red.
- Maximum Continuous Power: 120 watts
- Maximum Surge Capacity (Peak Power): 240 watts
- No Load Current Draw: <0.3A
- Waveform: Modified Sine Wave
- Operating Input Voltage Range: 11-15 Volts DC
- AC Receptacle: 110V/120V AC (3 prong grounded)
- Weight: 4.35 ounces