About the Code Alarm ASCL6 CarLink™
Locate and start your car by phone
Locate and start your car by phone
Code Alarm's CarLink 6 lets you use your smartphone or Apple Watch to control your vehicle's aftermarket security or remote start system from anywhere you have cell service or a Wi-Fi Internet connection. In addition to starting and stopping the engine, you'll also be able to lock and unlock the doors, check the battery voltage, locate the vehicle via GPS, plus program up to four more functions like popping the trunk, lowering windows, or turning on the defroster if your system supports such functions.
Hardware, software, and service plan
The CarLink interface works in almost any vehicle, and is compatible with most aftermarket remote start systems. After installing the module and downloading the Carlink App to your iOS or Android phone or Apple Watch, you'll be able to control your car's functions by way of the CarLink service plan over AT&T cellular network. The first year of service is free. After that, it's $39.95 a year.
Can also stand alone as a GPS locator
Maybe you just want to know exactly where your vehicle is — whether you can never remember where you parked or you want to keep an eye on your teen's whereabouts. Even if you don't have a remote start system, the CarLink works as a vehicle locater, finding your vehicle as long as it is within service distance.
- connects your smartphone to your aftermarket security or remote start system
- not compatible with RF remote kits
- compatible with iOS and Android smartphones and Apple Watches
- features include remote start/stop, lock/unlock doors, battery voltage status, locate vehicle via GPS
- four additional functions can be programmed, like trunk release, heated seats, defroster, opening windows, depending on the security/remote start system in your vehicle
- can work without a remote starter as a GPS vehicle locator
- requires CarLink App downloaded to your device (available free from iTunes® App Store or Android Market)
- works over AT&T cellular network via CarLink service plan
- first year free
- $39.95 per year after first year
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ASCL6
What's in the box:
- CarLink ASCL6 module
- 26" HRN-MCAR-01 harness
- 5" HRN-DRS-01 harness
- 5" HRN-LLRS-01 harness
- Quick Installation / Connection Guide
- Owner's Card
- Attention sheet
Code Alarm ASCL6 CarLink™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Code Alarm ASCL6 CarLink™
Overview: CarLink by Audiovox is a smart device interface that allows you to control a variety of functions through the CarLink Mobile application. The ASCL6 CarLink module works with Code Alarm, ADS iDatastart, Omega, and Fortin car alarms and remote start systems. CarLink communicates via the nationwide 3G wireless network, giving you almost unlimited range. The CarLink app allows you to start your car, lock/unlock your doors, and check your car's location and battery status, all from your smartphone. It is also compatible with Apple Watch.
Service Plan: CarLink requires no contract or activation fee, and includes one year of service with the purchase. Each additional year of service costs $39.95.
Device Compatibility: The CarLink app is compatible with iPhone and Android smartphones. The app is available for iOS devices (9.3 or later), and Android devices (4.4 and up). The app is also available for Apple Watch. Watch OS 6.1 or later is required to display your current location on a map.
CarLink App: With the CarLink ASCL-6, you get the following safety and convenience features:
- Remote Start: If you have a remote start system installed, you can press the Start button on the app to start your vehicle remotely. The app will begin showing a running timer to show how long the engine has been running. Pressing Stop will turn off your car's engine, and reset the timer to zero.
- Lock/Unlock: You can press the Lock button on your app to remotely lock your vehicle's doors. Pressing the Unlock button will unlock your doors. In addition, the CarLink app will provide the status of your vehicle's door locks at a glance.
- Battery Voltage: You can quickly check the status of your battery on the CarLink app. A battery icon with the voltage appears on the app when CarLink is connected.
- Remote Signal: When CarLink is connected to the cellular network, you will see a green icon on your app, showing you it's connected, and the signal strength.
- Vehicle Locator/GPS: The CarLink app's Locate Vehicle button lets you instantly view the current location of your vehicle on a map.
7 questions already asked