About the Voxx ACABSDLP
Tools for safer driving
Tools for safer driving
I'd call myself a confident, experienced driver and yet changing lanes always has nerve-jangling potential. Voxx's ACABSDLP blind spot detector alleviates driver stress by providing visual and audible alerts that help you avoid accidents in these two scenarios:
20 mph & above: When you use your turn signal, the ACABSDLP alerts you if you're veering into another vehicle in your blind spot.
Shift into reverse: The ACABSDLP alerts you to cross-traffic as you back up, especially useful if you've got taller vehicles on both sides of your parking space.
They're two simple tools that amount to a whole lot of peace of mind.
Voxx recommends professional installation. If you're doing this yourself, the package includes everything you need to mount the ACABSDLP over your license plate. You'll need to wire the system for power as well as tap into vehicle's turning indicators and reverse lights. Voxx includes alert indicators that you'll need to mount in the front of your vehicle, as well as a speaker for audible chimes.
- universal license plate frame with driver assistance features
- visual and audible blind spot detection moving forward
- visual and audible cross-traffic detection in reverse
- waterproof sensor
- wiring harnesses included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACABSDLP
What's in the box:
- License plate frame (attached 38" cable)
- Main module
- 2 LED Indicators (A and B w/ attached 20" cable)
- Main harness w/ attached 32" LED and sensor cables / 82" trigger wires / 21' power and ground (inline 3A mini fuse)
- 16.5' LED Extension cable ("A")
- 23' LED Extension cable ("B")
- 23' License plate sensor extension cable
- Four 3/4" torx-head screws
- Torx key
- 2" Section hook-and-loop fastener w/ adhesive backing
- Installation guide
- User guide & warranty sheet
Voxx ACABSDLP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Voxx ACABSDLP
Overview: The ACABSDLP Blind Spot Detection System is designed to aid in detecting vehicles entering the blind spot zones on either side of your vehicle and extending rearward from the side mirrors to approximately 30 feet beyond the bumper.
Note: The Blind Spot Detection System is designed to be a driving aid and should never be a replacement for checking interior and exterior mirrors and looking over your shoulders before changing lanes.
System Parts: The Blind Spot Detection System includes the following main parts:
- License Plate Frame: A durable metal license plate frame features built-in radar sensors, providing 40˚ of horizontal coverage area that extends approximately 30 feet beyond the bumper. Built-in GPS technology activates the Blind Spot Detection when it detects the vehicle is traveling 20 mph or faster. If no GPS signal is detected, the system will give notifications at any speed. The license plate frame can be oriented with the sensors either on top or bottom of the frame, and carries an IP67 weatherproof rating. "A" an "B" markings on the back of the frame indicate which side of the vehicle the "A" and "B" LED indicators get mounted on.
- Main Module: The Main Module is the "brain" of the system and includes a built-in speaker, providing audible warnings if desired. The Main Module gets mounted under the driver's seat, or in the dash area, where it can easily be heard by the driver. A 4-position selector switch on the module provides 4 volume adjustment levels for the audible alert buzzer, with 1 - Maximum Volume, 2 - High Volume, 3 - Low Volume, and 4 - Muting the sound.
- LED Indicators: Along with the audible alerts, the Blind Spot Detection System also includes 2 LED indicators (A and B) that get mounted on either side of the dash, or in the A-pillars, providing visual alerts for that side of the vehicle. Orientation of the LEDs should match the "A" and "B" markings on the back of the license plate frame.
Alerts: While driving, either the A or B LED indicator will illuminate when a vehicle is approaching from the rear on that corresponding side and traveling at a speed greater than your own. If the turn signal is on for the same side as an approaching vehicle, the corresponding LED will flash and the buzzer will sound.
Rear Cross Traffic: Another feature of the Blind Spot Detection System is the Rear Cross Traffic alert. When the vehicle is reversing, the sensors can detect approaching vehicles as well as people or stationary objects entering the blind spot of the vehicle.
Wiring: All cabling and wiring for the system terminate at the Main Module. The license plate sensor and both LED indicators use cabling with proprietary connectors to attach to the Main Module. Individual 18 AWG wires are provided for the following functions:
- Red: +12VDC Accessory power
- Black: Chassis ground
- Orange: "A" LED trigger input. This wire gets spliced into the vehicle's turn-signal indicator wire for that corresponding side (dependant on orientation of plate frame).
- Pink: "B" LED trigger input. This wire gets spliced into the vehicle's turn-signal indicator wire for that corresponding side (dependant on orientation of plate frame).
- Green: Reverse trigger input. This gets spliced into the vehicle's reverse signal wire.
The Voxx ACABSDLP replaces these items
- detects blind spots when traveling over 20 mph (adjustable speed threshold)
- detects cross traffic behind vehicle when reverse gear is engaged
- audio and visual alerts
3 questions already asked