About the Audiovox Car Connection 1.0
Stay connected with your car and its drivers
Stay connected with your car and its drivers
If I had teenage drivers in my house, I would absolutely want Audiovox's Car Connection 1.0 GPS tracker in their cars. This useful device lets you keep track of your vehicle and your drivers, simply and easily. This tracker plugs into your car's OBDII port without tools, giving you instant access to your car's location and mechanical health from just about anywhere.
Easy to install and use for instant updates
Plug the Car Connection 1.0 into your car's OBDII port (typically located under the steering wheel) — it's that easy. Then log in to Audiovox's My Car Connection website to register your vehicle, choose a plan, and activate your account. You'll be able to start tracking your vehicle from your computer, tablet, or smartphone once your registration is complete. Got a fleet of vehicles at your disposal? You can manage up to 20 different devices from one account.
Keep tabs on your vehicle in real time
The Car Connection 1.0 employs AT&T wireless technology to provide the location, direction, speed, and history of your vehicle, including a path you can revisit later. The interface makes it easy to set geo-fence zones, so you'll always know where your vehicle is going. You can track your vehicle's location every 5 minutes when it's running, and every hour when it's not. You'll also be able to see its past history for the past 24 hours.
Got a teen who might be tempted to drive astray? You can establish geo-fence zones such as school, work, or home to make sure they're arriving safely and on time. The locator will send email or text alerts to your smartphone, tablet, or computer so you'll instantly be aware of boundary exits, which can be a real lifesaver if your vehicle gets towed or stolen.
Lost in the lot?
If you find yourself constantly challenged to locate your vehicle in large parking lots, the LotSpot feature guides you back to your wheels no matter where you are, via Google™ walking instructions on nearly every type of smartphone.
Cut down on distracting phone use
The Car Connection 1.0 lets you access the free ZoomSafer app for your driver's Android™ or BlackBerry® smartphone. Once installed on the driver's phone, the app allows the account holder to block the phone's texting and emailing functions while the vehicle is running, and limit the number of contacts available for hands-free calling. The app will even send a text message back to the original texter or caller informing them that the driver is busy. The app can activated from the Car Connection 1.0 account online, and works automatically for assigned phones.
Make sure they're driving safely and efficiently
The Car Connection 1.0's built-in accelerometer measures hard braking, fast acceleration, sharp turning, and other extreme driving maneuvers, recording these instances in a printable report which the user can review. If you've got a suspected leadfoot in the family, you can track exactly when and where they were putting the pedal to the metal. The Car Connection 1.0 report also includes a "driver score" for safe driving, which can be tracked and improved upon over time.
The Car Connection 1.0 also monitors daily driving habits for fuel consumption, including real-time miles per gallon. It can generate a report of your driving efficiency, with indicators for where you can improve your car's performance, including optimum speed and where you're idling the most often.
A helping hand from afar
Let's say you need to let someone in the car to get something important, and you're miles away. If you've installed a car security system that includes keyless entry, you can use the Car Connection 1.0 smartphone app to unlock and lock the doors remotely, saving you time and hassle.
Monitor your vehicle's health
You can save yourself a costly trip to the garage with the Car Connection 1.0 in your vehicle — it allows quick access to your vehicle's diagnostic information, including issues that'll trigger your "Check Engine" light. In many cases you'll be given a health rating for each specific problem. You can also use the account to schedule reminders for regular vehicle maintenance, such as fluids, belts, wiper blades, brakes, and more.
You can pay in installments of $9.95 per month per device or $79.95 per year per device, plus a one-time activation fee of $19.95 per device. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Note: In certain vehicles, the Car Connection 1.0 module may interfere with driver's knees or you may want to hide the device away. Audiovox's OBDHAR Y-harness accessory offers a simple solution.
- cellular GPS vehicle locator/telematics device
- plugs into vehicle's OBDII port
- monitor vehicle using phone, tablet, or computer
- tracking alerts by text or email
- locks/unlocks vehicle doors (installed car security system with keyless entry required)
- assign geo-fences remotely
- find your car in a crowded parking lot through your phone
- access to ZoomSafer smartphone app to prohibit texting and emailing while driving
- records and reports unsafe driving practices
- records and reports fuel efficiency
- access vehicle diagnostic codes and set maintenance reminders
- monthly or yearly subscription fee required
- dimensions: 1-15/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 2-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CCOBD10
What's in the box:
- Car Connection 1.0 module
- Warranty/ESN number card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiovox Car Connection 1.0
Overview: Car Connection 1.0 from Audiovox is an interactive convenience and monitoring tool for your vehicle. Using the free Audiovox Car Connection 1.0 app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop, you can monitor your vehicle's performance, maintain a maintenance schedule, track your fuel consumption, and log your trips. The compact Car Connection 1.0 module is 1.9" wide, 1" high, and 2.4" deep, and plugs into your vehicle's OBD-II port. You must create an account online and subscribe to the service (currently $9.99 a month).
Car Connection 1.0 App: The Car Connection 1.0 App allows you to monitor driving habits and vehicle location. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 6.1 or later, and can be found on the iTunes App Store. It also works with Android devices running version 2.3 and up, and is available from Google Play.
Installation: The Car Connection 1.0 module plugs into the OBD-II port on your vehicle, which is located under the dash, usually within 3 feet of the driver's seat. In some vehicles, the module may interfere with the driver's knees. In this case, or if you wish to hide the module, the optional OBDHAR Y-harness (220OBDHAR2, sold separately) can be purchased to move the module out of the way. The module works with most foreign and domestic 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, minivans, and SUVs.
Functions: The Car Connection 1.0 has features that can enhance your safety, the safety of your vehicle, and to save you money on maintenance and insurance. These functions include:
- Safety Features:
- Emergency Roadside Assistance: You will be able to call for assistance 24 hours a day/7 days a week should you have a flat tire, run out of gas, break down, or need to be towed.
- Emergency Response: In case of an emergency, you will be able to call for help any time of the day or night.
- Safe Driver: The Car Connection 1.0 app keeps track of each of your trips, including start/end times and locations. Each trip provides a driver score to indicate how safely you drive. Optional apps will enable you to block texting in the vehicle, and to set up boundaries (geo-fencing) for teenaged drivers.
- Stolen Vehicle Assistance: Should your vehicle get stolen, you will be able to share the vehicle's location with the police to assist them in recovering your vehicle.
- Insurance Discount Program: Car Connection 1.0 subscribers can possibly save on their car insurance premiums at an approved Insurance Partner by sharing your driving information. Safe drivers may be eligible for reduced premiums on their car insurance. Current Car Insurance Partners include Liberty Mutual, American Family, The General, and others, and will vary by state.
- Vehicle Maintenance Reports: You can keep up with routine maintenance, such as oil changes and tire rotation, receive trouble alerts, and diagnose the "Check Engine" light warnings.
- Fuel Reports: The Car Connection 1.0 app lets you track your fuel consumption in real time, based on your actual driving habits. The app also helps you to learn how to maximize your fuel mileage.
1 question already asked