About the XM Direct 2 CNP2000UC
Audiovox's latest car-only XM satellite radio incorporates a programmable adapter and the XM Mini-Tuner. Once the adapter and Mini-Tuner are connected, you'll be able to change channels and see programming information on your stereo's display. You can also use the compact XM Mini-Tuner with your XM-ready home receiver or in another vehicle with a compatible dock.
Before installation, this unit must first be programmed by connecting it to a computer running Windows XP Pro and Internet Explorer, and downloading protocol software for the in-dash receiver from the XMDirect2 web site.
You can reprogram the adapter if you purchase a different receiver. Then, you'll need to purchase a brand-specific cable that connects the adapter to your receiver. (Note: Currently, we only offer adapters for aftermarket receivers.)
Note: A subscription to XM is also required — learn about XM's programming. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Portable reception may vary by location.
- programmable car-only XM radio interfaceworks with brand-specific adapters
- includes XM Mini-tuner
- displays text on the stereo and supplies power to the satellite radio
- requires programming from a computer running Windows XP Pro and Internet Explorer before installation in the car
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CNP2000UC
What's in the box:
- XM Mini Tuner
- Docking station with attached 6.25' cable
- Car bracket
- Protocol Interface Adapter
- Snap-on cover for P.I.A.
- 75" USB Programming cable (with Type A USB connector on one end and a proprietary XM connector on the other end)
- Magnetic antenna with attached 22.75' cable (single SMB connector)
- Antenna cable rubber bumper
- Two 1-1/4" x 7/16" pieces of dual-sided tape
- Alcohol prep pad
- Surface Preparation Cleaning Kit
- Installation Guide (English/Spanish)
XM Direct 2 CNP2000UC reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM Direct 2 CNP2000UC
Product Overview: The Audiovox CNP2000UC XMDirect² Protocol Interface Adapter allows you to install XM Satellite Radio to select aftermarket car stereos. It includes the XM MiniTuner, a car cradle, a magnetic XM antenna, the Protocol Interface Adapter (PIA), and a USB programming cable. You will need a separate XMDirect² connection cable for your specific car stereo brand (see list below). In addition to the proper hardware, you will need to purchase a subscription to XM Satellite Radio in order to receive programming.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio programming offers 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities, as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing and several major college conferences.
XMDirect² Connection Cable: XMDirect² connection cables are available for XM-ready Alpine, Clarion, Eclipse, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Panasonic, and Sony car stereos. For specific head unit model compatibility, see the connection cable for your car stereo brand. The required cables for each brand are:
- Alpine: 220CNPALP1
- Clarion: 220CNPCLA1
- Eclipse: 220CNPECL1 (currently, no firmware is available)
- Jensen: 220CNPJEN1
- JVC: 220CNPJVC1
- Kenwood: 220CNPKEN1
- Panasonic: 220CNPPAN1
- Sony: 220CNPSON1
Installation Overview: The XM MiniTuner, which comes installed in a docking station/car cradle, plugs directly into the Protocol Interface Adapter (PIA). The XMDirect² connection cable for your aftermarket car stereo (sold separately) plugs between your XM-ready radio and the PIA via a 34-pin connection. You must also mount the magnetic antenna on the roof or trunk of your vehicle, and route the cables inside the vehicle so you can plug it into the docking station/car cradle. Before installation, you must first download the proper radio model protocol from the XMDirect² website. This requires connecting your PC to the PIA via the supplied USB Programming cable and accessing the Internet.
Note: You must have Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 installed on your PC for programming the XM MiniTuner.
Dimensions: The XMDirect² components have the following dimensions:
- MiniTuner in Docking Station/Car Cradle: Width=2.135", Height=2.793", Depth=1.185"
- Magnetic Antenna: Width=1.41", Length=1.739", Height=0.525", Cable Length=22.75'
- Protocol Interface Adapter (PIA): Width=2.765", Height=4.645", Depth=0.823"