About the Gentex GENFDMHL2LN
A constant rear-view
A constant rear-view
Gentex's GENFDMHL2LN rear-view full display replacement rear-view mirror with HomeLink® has the build quality and look of an OEM mirror, making it an easy match for the interior of many vehicles on the road. But unlike your factory mirror, the Gentex mirror, with the addition of the included rear-view cam, doubles your rearward field-of-view when you're driving forward, so you can always see past the headrests, pillars, passengers, and luggage piled high in the way back. This clever mirror also detects headlight glare from vehicles behind you and auto-darkens to make things easier on your eyes.
Display mode for included rear-view cam
If your dash isn't equipped with a touchscreen receiver, this Gentex mirror/camera combo is the perfect way to gain a constant rear-view video feed. This unobtrusive rear-view cam mounts inside your vehicle on the rear window, and the mirror replaces your current factory mirror thanks to an included universal mount. Once the system is installed, you'll gain two HD video views: one for backing up with a backup cam (not included) and one for seeing what's behind you with the included rear-view cam when you drive forward.
Add an optional backup cam
If you want a view just for backing up, add an exterior-mounted backup camera (not included) using Gentex's optional GENCAMHAR integration harness, and you'll see a picture-in-picture monitor view when you're in reverse.
With built-in HomeLink technology, you'll be able to control your garage doors, your security gate, assigned lights in your home, and more.
Installation will require the replacement of your factory rear-view mirror, and running wire for power and video between the Gentex's GENFDMHL2LN mirror and the rear-view camera. If you have not attempted this kind of job before, professional installation is recommended.
Gentex backs this versatile mirror with a generous 3-year warranty.
- replacement rear-view mirror and HD LCD video display with universal mirror mount
- includes rear-view camera for mounting inside vehicle
- dedicated picture-in-picture backup cam view
- second video input for optional GENCAMHAR harness to integrate external backup camera (not included)
- selectable mirror and video display mode
- Wide Angle Vision doubles your rear view
- three-button built-in HomeLink compatibility for home automation
- operate garage doors
- open security gates
- control home lighting
- automatic dimming and brightening
- adjustable brightness, tilt, and rotation
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GENFDMHL2LN
What's in the box:
- Rear-view mirror
- Rear-view camera
- 3 Window brackets w/adhesive backing
- 3 Window bracket covers
- 3 Wire covers (3.5" / 2.5" / 1.25")
- 125" Camera coaxial cable
- 51" Camera coaxial cable
- 92" Camera power harness
- Nine 3M adhesive pads
- Nine 5.5" wire-ties
- 3 Wire-taps
- Four 10mm hex-socket screws
- 2mm Allen key
- Installation instructions
- Operation manual
More details on the Gentex GENFDMHL2LN
Overview: The Gentex GENFDMHL2LN rear-view mirror is designed to replace the factory rear-view mirror and provide a continual image of what's behind the vehicle, via a rear-mounted camera, along with providing standard rearview mirror operation. Other features include automatic brightness control and HomeLink Automation features. The GENFDMHL2LN uses the factory mounting base and is compatible with most vehicle's mirror mounts.
Rear-View Camera: The Gentex rear-view mirror kit includes an HD rear-view camera that can provide a continual display of the area behind the vehicle with no obstructions from headrests, passengers, luggage, etc. The camera features a high-dynamic range imager, with pixel-level intelligence, and FPGA video processing for crystal clear images. It's designed to mount on the interior of the rear window and includes 3 different angled brackets to accommodate various rear window angles.
- 17˚ - 29˚: Typically used for sports cars and sedans.
- 30˚ - 54˚: Fits most CUVs (Crossover Utility Vehicles).
- 55˚ - 90˚: Designed for SUVs and Trucks.
Note: The rear-view camera is not designed to be used as a "reverse" or "backup" camera, and will not trigger when the vehicle is put into reverse.
Full Mirror Display: Along with fully functional, wide-angle, rear-view mirror operation, the Gentex features a built-in TFT LCD screen that uses almost the entire mirror surface for displaying a rear camera image. The screen has a 1280 x 275 resolution with 171 ppi active area and 1,500 cd/m2 luminance. Buttons along the bottom of the mirror allow adjustment of the display brightness, along with options for shifting the camera image up/down and rotating it clockwise or counterclockwise. Red and Blue adjustments allow the color level to also be changed. The GENFDMHL2LN mirror features two modes of operation:
- Mirror Mode: The mirror acts as a standard rear-view mirror,
providing a wide viewing angle behind the vehicle.
- Auto-Dimming: While in Mirror Mode, the Gentex will detect headlight glare from trailing vehicles and automatically darken, helping preserve driver vision.
- Display Mode: In this mode, the mirror will display the rear-view camera image, providing optimal rear vision without obstruction from headrests, C & D pillars, passengers, luggage, etc.
HomeLink 5: The Gentex rear-view mirror is equipped with HomeLink technology for Car-to-Home Automation. Three assignable buttons on the mirror can be programmed to activate devices such as gate operators, garage doors, entry door locks, security systems, and home lighting.
Optional Backup Camera: An optional GENCAMHAR harness (sold separately) is available for the Gentex mirror, allowing you to connect a backup camera (sold separately). The harness takes the place of the provided power/ground harness and includes a female composite video input along with a reverse trigger wire. When the vehicle is put into reverse, the split-screen image will be displayed, showing both the reverse-camera image along with the rear-view cam or mirror image.