About the Gentex ADVGENFDMHL1
Did you know rear-view mirrors win awards? Yep. Meet the latest mirror hall-of-famer, lauded by Popular Science, General Motors, and more — Gentex's ADVGENFDMHL1 full display replacement rear-view mirror with HomeLink®. This robust mirror has the build quality and look of an OEM mirror, making it an easy match for the interior of many vehicles on the road. But unlike your factory mirror, the Gentex mirror, with the addition of the included rear-view cam, doubles your rearward field-of-view, so you can see past the headrests, pillars, passengers, and luggage piled high in the way back. This clever mirror also detects headlight glare from vehicles behind you and auto-darkens to make things easier on your eyes.
Display mode for included rear-view cam
If your dash isn't equipped with a touchscreen receiver, this Gentex mirror/camera combo is the perfect way to gain a rear-view video feed. The inobtrusive rear-view cam mounts inside your vehicle on the rear window, and the mirror replaces your current factory mirror thanks to an included universal mount. Once the system is installed, you'll gain a selectable HD video view that you can use not just when backing up but also as you drive forward, reducing blind spots by giving you a wider field of vision.
With built-in HomeLink technology, you'll be able to control your garage doors, your security gate, assigned lights in your home, and more.
Installation will require the replacement of your factory rear-view mirror, and running wire for power and video between the Gentex's ADVGENFDMHL1 mirror and the rear-view camera. If you have not attempted this kind of job before, professional installation is recommended.
Gentex backs this versatile mirror with a generous 3-year warranty.
- replacement rear-view mirror and HD LCD video display with universal mirror mount
- includes rear-view camera for mounting inside vehicle
- selectable mirror and video display mode
- three-button built-in HomeLink compatibility for home automation
- automatic dimming and brightening
- resolution: 1280 x 275
- adjustable brightness, tilt, and rotation
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ADVGENFDMHL1
What's in the box:
- Rearview mirror-monitor
- Backup camera
- 7.5' Power/ground harness
- 10.5' Mirror cable
- 50" Camera cable
- Three 2-piece window brackets
- 3 Wire-covers
- 2 Screws
- 8 Wire-ties
- 3 T-taps
- 9 Self-adhesive foam pads
- Operating Instructions
- Installation Instructions
- Power/Ground harness diagram
Gentex ADVGENFDMHL1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Gentex ADVGENFDMHL1
Rearview Mirror-Monitor: The Gentex Rearview Mirror-Monitor does double duty as a standard auto-dimming rearview mirror and a rearview display monitor. It replaces your vehicle's existing factory rearview mirror. Once installed, the mirror-monitor can be angled for the best viewing angle. You can toggle between a standard Auto-Dimming Mirror mode or Rear Video Display mode (this system does not offer automatic rearview switching).
- Auto-Dimming Mirror Mode: In this mode the Gentex Rearview Mirror-Monitor operates as a standard mirror with auto-dimming. The Auto-Dimming feature detects headlight glare from trailing vehicles and darkens to the precise level necessary to preserve driver vision, eliminating distracting glare.
- Rear Video Display Mode: In this mode the Gentex Rearview Mirror-Monitor displays a full-screen video image from the installed backup camera. Unlike most mirror-monitors where the video display is only a third or half the size of the mirror, the Gentex Rearview Mirror-Monitor's video display fills the entire mirror-monitor with a resolution of 1280 x 275. You can adjust the video display brightness, move the camera image display up/down, rotate the camera image clockwise and counter-clockwise, as well change the intensity of red and blue color levels.
Note: The rearview mirror-monitor comes with a universal mounting bracket. Crutchfield also offers a variety of vehicle specific mounting brackets which can be purchased separately (see accessory list). In addition to these brackets, you'll also need a windshield mount repair kit which can be purchased at most auto parts store (sold separately).
Interior Backup Camera: The included backup camera features a custom-designed, high dynamic range CCD imager with pixel-level intelligence that self-adjusts to bright and dark areas of each scene. The camera also offers a wide-angle lens which is double the field-of-view of many other backup cameras for improved vision behind your vehicle. The camera comes with three different angled brackets for easy mounting to the inside rear window in a variety of vehicles with varying rear window angles. The camera can be angled was installed for the best viewing angle.
- 17°-29° Angled Bracket: for most coupes & sedans
- 30°-54° Angled Bracket: for crossovers & wagons
- 55°-90° Angled Bracket: for most SUVs & Trucks
Note: This rearview camera system is meant as a visual aid only; never solely rely on the backup camera. In addition to using the camera, always physically look to make sure everything is clear around your vehicle.
HomeLink Car-to-Home Automation: The Gentex Rearview Mirror-Monitor is even equipped with HomeLink wireless system control consisting of three integrated buttons that can be programmed to operate garage doors, security gates, home lighting and more. Now, you can leave your hand-held radio-frequency remote at home.
Installation: The Gentex Rearview Mirror-Monitor replaces your vehicle's existing factory rearview mirror, while the backup camera mounts to the inside of your vehicle's rear windshield. The rearview mirror-monitor comes with a 7.5" power & ground harness which requires a hardwire connection to your vehicle's wiring. A 10.5' mirror-monitor harness and 50" camera cable plug into one another and between the mirror-monitor and backup camera.
Note: This is not a wireless system.
4 questions already asked