About the Gentex GENCAMHAR
Add a backup cam
Planning to add a backup camera to Gentex's GENFDMHL2LN replacement rear-view mirror? You'll need this GENCAMHAR adapter harness, which gives you access to the interior rear-view camera that comes in the package and the exterior backup cam that you've added.
Note: Backup camera not included.
- adapter for use with Gentex's GENFDMHL2LN rear-view mirror display
- integrates universal backup cam (not included)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GENCAMHAR
What's in the box:
- 10' Replacement power/ground harness with reverse camera input (inline 5A mini fuse)
- 10' Gentex camera harness
- Instruction sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Gentex GENCAMHAR
Overview: The Voxx GENCAMHAR wiring harness replaces the power/ground harness that's supplied with the Gentex Full Display Rear-View Mirror, letting you add an additional backup camera along with the provided rear-view camera.
Wiring: The GENCAMHAR replacement harness includes power and ground leads that get connected to the vehicle's fuse box or electrical system, along with a reverse wire that gets tied into the vehicle's reverse signal wire. A second set of bare-ended power, ground, and reverse wires (pass-thru wires) are provided to power and trigger an optional backup camera (not included). The pass-thru wires are terminated in crimp connectors for easy attachment to a camera's wiring. The pass-thru wires also include a female composite video plug for passing the backup camera's video signal to the display mirror.
- Red (2):
- +12V Switched power in vehicle (includes inline 5A fuse).
- +12V pass-thru for powering backup camera.
- Black (2):
- Chassis ground of vehicle.
- Pass-thru ground for backup camera.
- Purple (2):
- To reverse wire in vehicle.
- Pass-thru for reverse signal to backup camera.
- Composite Video (female): Input signal from backup camera.
- Blue and Blue/White: Currently unused.
- 10' Gentex Harness: A second 10' harness, with 5-pin male/female connectors on each end, is provided for connecting select Gentex cameras (sold separately) to the rear-view mirror.