About the Gentex GENFDM3LN
A constant rear-view
A constant rear-view
Gentex's GENFDM3LN replacement rear-view mirror has the build quality and look of an OEM mirror, making it an easy match for the interior of many vehicles on the road. But unlike your factory mirror, the Gentex mirror, along with its included rear-view cam, doubles your rearward field-of-view when you're driving forward, so you can always see past the headrests, pillars, passengers, and luggage piled high in the way back. This clever mirror also detects headlight glare from vehicles behind you and auto-darkens to make things easier on your eyes.
Display mode for included rear-view cam
If your dash isn't equipped with a touchscreen receiver, this Gentex mirror/camera combo is the perfect way to gain a constant rear-view video feed. This unobtrusive rear-view cam mounts inside your vehicle on the rear window, and the mirror replaces your current factory mirror with the help of an included mount. Once the system is installed, you'll gain two HD video views, enhanced with HDR: one for backing up with a backup cam (not included) and one for seeing what's behind you with the included rear-view cam when you drive forward.
Add an optional backup cam
If you want a view just for backing up, add an exterior-mounted backup camera (not included) using Gentex's optional GENCAMHAR integration harness, and you'll see a simultaneous backup cam and rear-view cam when you're in reverse.
Installation will require the replacement of your factory rear-view mirror, and running wire for power and video between the Gentex's GENFDM3LN mirror and the rear-view camera. If you have not attempted this kind of job before, professional installation is recommended.
Gentex backs this versatile mirror with a generous 3-year warranty.
- replacement rear-view mirror and 9.6" HD LCD video display with mirror mount
- includes rear-view camera for mounting inside vehicle
- second video input for optional GENCAMHAR harness to integrate external backup camera (not included)
- dedicated simultaneous backup cam and rear-view cam view
- selectable mirror and video display mode
- Wide Angle Vision doubles your rear view
- automatic dimming and brightening up to 1500 Candela/m
- resolution: 1600x320
- adjustable brightness, tilt, and rotation
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GENFDM3LN
What's in the box:
- Rear-view mirror (attached 11" camera cable & 16" power harness)
- Rear-view camera
- 3 Window brackets w/adhesive backing
- 3 Window bracket covers
- Two 10.5' coaxial extension cables
- One 4' coaxial camera cable
- 92" Mirror power harness
- Nine 3M adhesive pads
- Nine 5.5" wire-ties
- 6 Wire-taps
- Four 10mm hex-socket screws
- 2 Lock washers
- 2mm Allen key
- Installation instructions
- Quickstart guide
- Terms&Agreements weblink
Gentex GENFDM3LN reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Gentex GENFDM3LN
Overview: The Gentex GENFDM3LN rear-view mirror is designed to replace the factory rear-view mirror and provide a continual image of what's behind the vehicle, via a rear-mounted camera, along with providing standard rearview mirror operation. Other features include automatic brightness control and the ability to add an optional backup camera (not included). The GENFDM3LN uses the factory mounting base and is compatible with most vehicle's mirror mounts.
Rear-View Camera: The Gentex rear-view mirror kit includes a 1.7 mega-pixel rear-view camera that can provide a continual display of the area behind the vehicle with no obstructions from headrests, passengers, luggage, etc. The camera features a high-dynamic range imager, with pixel-level intelligence, and FPGA video processing for crystal clear images. It's designed to mount on the interior of the rear window and includes 3 different angled brackets to accommodate various rear window angles.
- 17˚ - 29˚: Typically used for sports cars and sedans.
- 30˚ - 54˚: Fits most CUVs (Crossover Utility Vehicles).
- 55˚ - 90˚: Designed for SUVs and Trucks.
Note: The rear-view camera is not designed to be used as a "reverse" or "backup" camera, and will not trigger when the vehicle is put into reverse.
Full Mirror Display: Along with fully functional, wide-angle, rear-view mirror operation, the Gentex features a built-in 9.6" LCD screen that uses almost the entire mirror surface for displaying a rear camera image, with 1600 x 320 resolution. A toggle button on the bottom of the mirror lets you quickly switch between Mirror Mode and Display mode, which uses the rear-view camera. Menu and Selection buttons let you adjust the display brightness, color level with red and blue adjustments, and an option for shifting the camera image up/down. The GENFDM3LN mirror features two modes of operation:
- Mirror Mode: The mirror acts as a standard rear-view mirror,
providing a wide viewing angle behind the vehicle.
- Auto-Dimming: While in Mirror Mode, the Gentex will detect headlight glare from trailing vehicles and automatically darken, helping preserve driver vision.
- Display Mode: In this mode, the mirror will display the rear-view camera image, providing optimal rear vision without obstruction from headrests, C & D pillars, passengers, luggage, etc.
Optional Backup Camera: An optional GENCAMHAR harness (sold separately) is available for the Gentex mirror, allowing you to connect a backup camera (sold separately). The harness takes the place of the provided power/ground harness and includes a female composite video input along with a reverse trigger wire. When the vehicle is put into reverse, the split-screen image will be displayed, showing both the reverse-camera image along with the rear-view cam or mirror image.
12 questions already asked