About the SiriusXM Onyx EZR
Hit the road with SiriusXM
Hit the road with SiriusXM
SiriusXM already has an amazing array of great programs, and it's getting better all the time. With the Onyx EZR Dock & Play satellite radio, it's easier than ever to see what you're listening to and switch back and forth between all your favorites. This compact, portable tuner is easy to install, easy to read, and easy to enjoy, and this package includes a car kit with everything you need to get started.
Everything you need to mount the Onyx EZR in your car or truck
A bigger, better screen
The Onyx EZR's 3.2" display allows you to view artist name, song or program title, and channel information in just a glance. You can even choose your background — white-on-black or black-on-white — which can be a big help if glare is an issue in your vehicle. The bigger screen means more room for usable info, too – you can use the split-screen function to see what's playing at the moment and also see what's on your other favorite channels.
Find your favorites fast
You can store up to 10 favorite channels for one-touch access, and the face also includes a TuneMix key that lets you listen to selections from all your favorites. The handy One-Touch Jump™ button lets you switch back to the last channel you were listening to, or check out traffic and weather. The keypad is designed with comfort and ease of use in mind, so you can switch to a favorite channel or find the function you need in a hurry.
A complete kit for your car
For best performance, use the Aux In cable that's included with the Onyx kit. If your car's radio doesn't have an aux input, you can also use the included SiriusXM PowerConnect™ system to deliver clear sound through your vehicle's FM radio. You'll also get the other accessories you'll need for installation in your car — a car cradle and antenna, plus dash and vent mounts.
Note: A subscription is required and sold separately by SiriusXM. Some channels are not available in all packages. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states — not available in Alaska, Hawaii or U.S. territories. You can, however, stream SiriusXM throughout the satellite service area, as well as Alaska and Hawaii.
- Dock & Play XM satellite radio
- includes car accessories:
- docking station and roof-mount antenna
- adhesive dash mount and vent mount
- auxiliary output cable and power adapter/FM transmitter
- selectable display option (white on black or black on white) shows song or program and channel information
- 10 channel presets
- TuneMix lets you hear favorites from multiple channels
- channel browsing by category
- split-screen favorite channel preview pane
- traffic, weather, or last channel jump
- ergonomic keypad design
- built-in parental controls
- compatible with existing SiriusXM docks and remotes
- dimensions: 5" W x 2-11/16" H x 3/4" D
- receives all SiriusXM audio programming packages (subscription required)
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SXEZR1V1
What's in the box:
- SiriusXM portable satellite radio
- Vehicle cradle dock
- Magnetic vehicle antenna (w/ attached 22.75' cable terminated by single SMB connector)
- PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter (w/ attached 55" DC cord)
- 4' Stereo minijack cable (w/ a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Self-adhesive mount
- Vent mount
- 2 Extended vent clamps
- 2 Alcohol Prep Pads
- 4 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Accessory Guide
- Additional User Documents
- Warranty Information
SiriusXM Onyx EZR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SiriusXM Onyx EZR
Dock & Play SiriusXM Radio: The SiriusXM onyX EZR Dock & Play Radio + Vehicle Kit provides SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming in your car, truck, van, or SUV. You can view the artist name, song or program title and channel info on its multi-line display. And with optional accessories you can listen to the onyX EZR Dock & Play Radio in a second vehicle, in your home or office, or even outdoors (optional accessories sold separately). All with just one SiriusXM subscription.
Note: The SiriusXM onyX EZR Dock & Play Radio + Vehicle Kit requires a SiriusXM subscription.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The SiriusXM onyX EZR satellite radio receiver supports SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. SiriusXM offers more than 150 channels of exclusive music, news, entertainment sports, talk programming. Available SiriusXM subscription packages include (visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options & channel guide).
- SiriusXM All Access
- SiriusXM Select
- SiriusXM Mostly Music
- SiriusXM News, Sports, & Talk
- SiriusXM Family-Friendly
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Large Multi-Line Display: The onyX EZR Satellite Radio receiver features a large multi-line display which lets you view artist name, song title, and channel information. You can adjust the brightness of the unit's display and button illumination separately.
- Two Display Modes: You can choose between two display options - white text on black background or black text on white background.
- Split Screen: Select Split Screen to preview what's playing on your favorite channels, while still viewing song/artist/album info of the current playing station.
Tuning Functions: The onyX EZR offers a variety of tuning functions.
- Real-Time Channel Guide: The unit's Real-Time Channel Guide allows you to browse programs, artists, and songs playing on other channels, without having to change the channel you are currently listening.
- Categories: Channels are organized into categories to make it easier for you to find channels, such as Sports, Country, Kids, Rock, etc.
- Channel Scan: You can scan a category and listen to each channel in the category for 10 seconds before the next channel is automatically tuned.
- Favorite Presets: You can save and enjoy fast access to up to 10 of your favorite SiriusXM Satellite Radio channels.
- One-Touch Jump: The One-Touch Jump function allows you to directly access traffic or weather of the 22 most congested cities, or go back to the previous channel to which you were listening.
- Direct: The Direct button allows you directly tune in an SiriusXM Satellite Radio station, using the keypad (0-9) on the front-panel of the satellite radio receiver.
- Parental Controls: You can easily lock and unlock channels or an entire category with mature content. The Parent Control feature is protect by a 4-digit code.
TuneMix: TuneMix plays songs in a unique mix from music channels you have pre-selected, allowing you to build a blended channel from as few as 3 to as many as 18 music channels.
Note: Certain music channels are not eligible for TuneMix due to the way in which they are broadcast. These music channels are not included in channel selection list for TuneMix.
Audible Beep: An audible beep is heard when an advisory screen is displayed, or a traffic/ weather report is tuned. This feature can be turned on or off.
Auto Shut-Off: When the onyX EZR is in the vehicle dock, and Auto Shut Off has been enabled, the plug & play radio will automatically shut off after 8 hours of inactivity, when no buttons have pressed. This features prevents the vehicle battery from being discharged if you forget to turn the unit off.
Demo Mode: The Onyx EZR has a demo mode that starts playing when, for a prolonged period of time (more than 5 minutes), the radio either detects it's not connected to the antenna, or the antenna stops receiving a signal. It disappears when the antenna is connected properly or when the radio starts receiving a signal. You also activate and deactivate demo mode manually.
Vehicle Dock: The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver comes supplied with a vehicle dock which allows you to listen to SiriusXM Satellite Radio in your vehicle. The vehicle dock has color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock also has a rear-panel wire-guide that can help you organize the cables and wires connected to the dock. The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver's vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer SiriusXM Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio system.
- PowerConnect: The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver comes supplied with the PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter which allows the satellite radio receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash head unit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter and cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
- Auxiliary: The onyX EZR satellite radio receiver's vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your head unit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the satellite receiver's vehicle dock FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the receiver's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Magnetic Antenna: The unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal. The Onyx EZR can display the received strength of the satellite and terrestrial signals being received.
Notes: For best reception, the Magnetic Mount Antenna should have an unobstructed view of the SiriusXM satellites. In large cities, there are terrestrial transmitters (ground repeaters) to help increase the signal coverage.
Mounting: The mounting location of the onyX EZR should be easily accessible for controlling the unit and provide good visibility of the unit's display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The onyX EZR satellite receiver comes with two mounting options.
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The onyX EZR includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
- Vent-Mount: The onyX EZR also includes a plastic mount which allows to you to clip the unit onto one of your vehicle's dash vents.
Note: When mounting the onyX EZR in your vehicle, choose a location where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or obstruct the air bag.
Optional Accessories: A vehicle kit, boombox, and additional home kit is available for the SiriusXM onyX EZR radio.
- Home Kit: An optional home kit (220SXDH3, sold separately) allows you to listen to SiriusXM Radio in your home or at the office.
- Boombox: The optional Portable Speaker Dock (220SXSD2, sold separately) lets you enjoy SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming in your home, at the office, or on the deck.
- Additional Vehicle Kit: An additional vehicle kit (22SXDV3, sold separately) can be purchased to install the SiriusXM onyX EZR satellite radio receiver in another vehicle.
onyX EZR Receiver:
- Width = 5.0625"
- Height = 2.6875"
- Depth = 0.75"
- Width = 4.0"
- Height = 2.5625"
- Depth = 1.1875"
Receiver in Car Cradle:
- Width = 5.0625"
- Height = 3.375"
- Depth = 1.3125"
- Width = 1.5625"
- Height = 0.625"
- Depth = 1.8125"
- Cable Length = 22.75'
The SiriusXM Onyx EZR replaces these items
- blue display shows artist, song or program, and channel information
- 10 channel presets
- PowerConnect system includes auxiliary output cable and power adapter/FM transmitter
3 questions already asked