About the SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner
Enjoy the drive with SiriusXM
Enjoy the drive with SiriusXM
With SiriusXM's compact SXV300V1 tuner, you can liven up your daily drive with your favorite satellite radio programming. Small enough to fit neatly behind your car's dash, the SXV300V1 plugs into your SiriusXM-Ready™ car stereo without the need for any additional cables or interfaces. You can also connect this tuner to select factory radios with the help of a Vais Technology adapter. This complete package includes the hideaway satellite radio tuner, plus an installation guide and an exterior antenna that attaches with a powerful magnetic base.
This latest and greatest (so far) SiriusXM tuner gives you all the features you're used to, plus some very cool new ones. With the SXV300V1 and a growing list of new SiriusXM-Ready car stereos, you can create a daily programming package that's uniquely yours.
The SXV300V1 will plug into aftermarket in-dash receivers that have a "SiriusXM-Ready" logo. It will also connect to select factory radios with a Vais Technology adapter (not included). You'll also need an XM or SiriusXM subscription. Satellite radio service is available only within the lower 48 states — not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories. Limited service is available in Alaska.
New features with select car stereos
With select car stereos (see note below), you can access some great new SiriusXM features. Want to take some of the hassle out of your commute? The Traffic & Weather Now feature can access the latest info whenever you want to hear it. If you're a sports fan, SportsFlash™ will notify you when a big play happens during a game involving one of your favorite sports teams. And if you're a music lover, TuneMix™ plays a unique blend of songs chosen from your favorite music channels on the SiriusXM Preset Band. You can even skip songs you don't want to hear.
If you have an older SiriusXM-compatible receiver, you won't get the features above, but you'll still get all the SiriusXM music, entertainment, news, and sports programming you love, plus familiar features like Replay and iTunes® song tagging. With the SXV300V1, you can even set Song/Artist/Game alerts, so you'll always know when your favorite tunes or teams are playing on another channel. And you'll be able to enjoy those new features when you upgrade your receiver. Either way, SiriusXM's vast lineup of music, sports, news, and more will make your daily drive a whole lot more entertaining.
More channels for more choices
Depending on your subscription package, you'll also be able to enjoy SiriusXM's Xtra Channels with the SXV300V1, giving you access to over 20 new music, sports, entertainment, plus SiriusXM Latino, a collection of dedicated Spanish-language channels.
Important Note: Your receiver MUST have the "SiriusXM-Ready" logo — this adapter is not compatible with receivers that have "SAT Radio Ready", "Sirius Ready DC", or "XM Ready" logos. To access Traffic and Weather Now, SportsFlash, and TuneMix, your receiver must be a new model that supports the latest SiriusXM features.
Installation Note: If your car has a FAKRA-style satellite radio antenna connection at the radio location, we offer an adapter that will connect this tuner to your car's factory satellite radio antenna.
- SiriusXM vehicle connection package includes hideaway tuner and magnetic antenna
- works only with in-dash receivers with the SiriusXM-Ready logo
- enjoy SiriusXM advanced features like TuneMix and SportsFlash with select new compatible car stereos
- pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live satellite radio broadcasts
- get game, song, and artist alerts
- iTunes tagging with iPod connected
- enjoy SiriusXM Xtra Channels (depending on your subscription package)
- tuner dimensions: 2-1/16"W x 3/4"H x 3-13/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SXV300V1
What's in the box:
- SiriusXM Connect vehicle tuner (w/ attached 25" cable terminated by a proprietary connector)
- SiriusXM antenna (w/ attached 23' cable terminated by a right-angle SMB connector)
- Alcohol Prep Pad
- Installation Guide
SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner
Features & specs
|Built-in FM Transmitter||No|
Car Antenna |
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (SXV300) provides seamless in-vehicle integration of SiriusXM satellite radio to select "SiriusXM-Ready" aftermarket in-dash head units. The SXV300 is a compact, and easy-to-install package that includes a SiriusXM Connect vehicle tuner and antenna; it does not require any additional interfaces or cables. The SiriusXM SXV300 will require a SiriusXM subscription for access to the SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (SXV300) supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here.
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
SiriusXM Xtra Channels: SiriusXM's Xtra channels offer a number of additional comedy & music channels as well as SiriusXM Latino; a set of dedicated Latin music, sports & talk channels. Click here for the latest channel listings. Access to Xtra channels depends on subscription package.
Compatibility: The SiriusXM SXV300 is compatible with select aftermarket in-dash head units from Alpine, Clarion Dual, Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, and Sony which carry the official "SiriusXM-Ready" logo and are fitted with the SiriusXM Connect proprietary port. Click here for a list of "SiriusXM-Ready" compatible aftermarket head units.
Note: The SXV300 SiriusXM vehicle tuner is not compatible with Satellite Radio products which carry the following logos - "SAT Radio Ready", "Sirius Ready DC", or "XM Ready".
SiriusXM Vehicle Tuner: The SiriusXM vehicle tuner is a hide-away SiriusXM Satellite Radio tuner module which connects to a compatible "SiriusXM-Ready" aftermarket in-dash head unit. The SiriusXM vehicle tuner module features an attached 25" cable terminated by a proprietary 10-pin connector which plugs into the SiriusXM Connect port on the rear-panel of your compatible head unit.
SiriusXM Antenna: The included SiriusXM antenna (model # XVANT1) features a magnetic base and an attached 23' cable. The cable is terminated by a right-angle SMB connector which plugs into the Antenna SMB port on the SXV300 vehicle tuner module. The antenna should be located outside of the vehicle (on the roof or trunk) for best reception.
Note: The SXV300 is not compatible with most factory Satellite Radio antennas. You will need to use the included SiriusXM antenna (XVANT1).
New 3.0 Features: With select new car stereos, the SiriusXM SXV300 offers a variety of new SiriusXM 3.0 features not available with the previous SiriusXM SXV200.
- TuneMix: TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from your favorite music channels from the current SiriusXM Preset Band, allowing you to build a custom channel from as few as two to as many as 18 music channels. You can even skip songs you don't want to hear.
- Traffic & Weather Now: Traffic & Weather Now allows you to access the latest report ready for you whenever you want to hear it. Set up your favorite traffic & weather market in the head unit settings menu, then when you press the Traffic & Weather Now button you will be able to hear the latest report and it will start from the beginning. Press the button again and you will return to the previous channel picking up right where you left off.
- SportsFlash: SportsFlash will notify you when a big play happens during a game with one of your favorite sports teams. When a big play happens during one of the games, you will get a notification asking if you want to listen or cancel. If you choose to listen, the radio will tune to that channel and play back the big play. You can choose to return to your previous channel or remain listening to the game in progress.
Advanced Features: With select SiriusXM-ready car stereos, the SXV300 also offers the same features available with the previous SiriusXM SXV200 satellite radio tuner.
- TuneStart: With the TuneStart enabled, you will hear the beginning of the song when you tune to one of your favorite music channels in the current SiriusXM Preset Band.
- TuneScan: If you've got more than one Favorites music channel, you've got a lot of choices every time you tune in. Instead of pushing every preset button and hearing the live song, you can simply tap TuneScan to get a short preview of songs that you have missed on each of your Favorite music channels from the current SiriusXM Preset Band. Find a song you like and tap the TuneScan button again to continue listening to that song. You can even skip back if you think you missed the preview or if you are not interested in the current preview, skip forward.
- SmartFavorites: SmartFavorites allow you to rewind and replay any missed programming from your current Band of Preset channels. Miss a music, news, talk or sports segment? No Problem, because you can rewind and replay when you tune to one of your favorite channels from the current SiriusXM Preset Band and hear what you missed.
More Features: The SiriusXM SXV300 provides additional features for listening to SiriusXM satellite radio in the vehicle on select SiriusXM-ready car stereos, also found on previous SiriusXM vehicle tuners.
- Instant Replay: The SXV300 supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite programming over again.
- Game Alert: GameAlert that will display an on-screen message if your favorite teams' games are being broadcast. Jump to that station with the push of a button so you can listen to the game play by play. You can also get the latest score updates while you are listening to other stations.
- Song/Artist Alert: With Song/Artist Alert you can get notified when your favorite songs or artists are being broadcast on any SiriusXM station. With the push of a button, you can jump right to that broadcast and catch the songs you want to listen to.
- iTunes Tagging: The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB). The next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes.
Other Features: The SXV300 also offers the basic features you've come to expect from SiriusXM satellite radio on select SiriusXM-ready car stereos.
- Text Display: Text information, such as the channel name, artist name, feature and song/program title is displayed on your compatible in-dash receiver.
- Search Function: You can search for SiriusXM programming content by Category or by Channel.
- SiriusXM Presets: The SXV300 features 3 Satellite Radio preset bands. You can store 6 SiriusXM stations to each preset band (a total of 18).
Dimensions: The dimensions of the SiriusXM Connect Tuner and SiriusXM Connect Antenna are as follows -
- Width = 2.0625"
- Height = 0.75"
- Depth = 3.8125"
- Width = 1.4375"
- Height = 0.5625"
- Depth = 1.75"
- Cable Length = 23'
The SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner replaces these items
- hideaway tuner and magnetic antenna included no additional adapters needed
- works only with in-dash receivers with the SiriusXM Ready logo
- enjoy new SiriusXM Xtra Channels (depending on your subscription package)
75 questions already asked