About the SiriusXM Commander Touch
Choose your custom installation
Choose your custom installation
Mount the Commander Touch anywhere, or go for a custom installation like this one.
With a full-color touchscreen and an impressive list of available features, the Commander Touch is a great way to add the wonders of satellite radio to your daily drive.
The Commander Touch connects to any receiver with an AUX input or an FM antenna connection. The tuner installs out of sight, and the touchscreen controller mounts just about anywhere – you can attach it to the dash or a vent clip using double-sided tape or an aftermarket mount (sold separately). But if you want a more permanent "built-in" look, you use the included flush mount for a smooth, custom installation (professional installation recommended).
Plenty of programming
Wherever you mount the Commander Touch, you'll be able to get more enjoyment than ever from your SiriusXM subscription. The full-color display gives you a brilliant view of album art, artist name, song title, channel logos and program information, and you can use the touchscreen to choose from the vast array of music, news, entertainment, and sports available on SiriusXM.
You'll have an impressive array of features to enhance your experience, too. With the Commander Touch, you can pause, rewind and replay live satellite radio programming from the screen, so you'll never miss a thing. Start songs from the beginning with TuneStart™, or use TuneMix™ to hear a mix of songs from your favorite channels. And every driver will appreciate helpful updates from the Traffic & Weather Now™ feature. Depending on your subscription package, you can also access SiriusXM Xtra Channels for even more great programming.
Note: The Commander Touch can be updated using a USB flash drive (sold separately) to add new features and capabilities as they become available.
Installation Note: Please identify your vehicle if you plan on using the included FM modulator to connect the Commander Touch to your car's radio.
- package includes hideaway tuner, touchscreen controller, FM modulator, and magnetic antenna
- full-color touchscreen controller displays album art, artist name, song title, channel logos and program info
- pause, rewind, and replay live satellite radio broadcasts
- enjoy SiriusXM Xtra Channels (depending on your subscription package)
- 18 channel presets
- 60 minutes internal memory
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SXVCT1
What's in the box:
- SiriusXM hide-away tuner module (w/ attached 6.5' cable)
- Touchscreen display controller
- SiriusXM antenna (w/ attached 23' cable terminated by an SMB connector)
- Power harness
- FM direct antenna cable (FMDA25)
- 4' Stereo minijack cable
- Flush-mount housing
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Mounting plate
- 4 Machine screws
- Alcohol prep pad
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the SiriusXM Commander Touch
Commander Touch Vehicle Radio: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) allows you to add SiriusXM Satellite Radio to your vehicle's factory radio or aftermarket radio through either an Aux input or the FM tuner.
Note: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) will require a SiriusXM subscription for access to the SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio Programming: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. SiriusXM's Xtra channels offer a number of additional comedy & music channels as well as SiriusXM Latino; a set of dedicated Latin music, sports & talk channels. Click here for the latest channel listings. Access to Xtra channels depends on subscription package.
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Display Controller: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) includes a Display Controller that features a full-color LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 480 x 180.
- Song/Artist Information + Album Art: The full-color touchscreen displays album art, artist name, song title, channel logos and program information. You can choose from 3 display modes - Auto, Day, or Night.
- Touchscreen Controls: The LCD touchscreen offers capacitive touch controls. Simply use your finger to make selections by tapping the icons displayed on the touchscreen. Some touchscreen icons have a double functions, depending upon whether you tap and release the icon, or whether you tap and hold the icon. Certain areas of the touchscreen allow you to swipe your finger left, right, up, or down to search and make selections.
Hide-Away Tuner Module: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) includes a hide-away SiriusXM tuner module for SiriusXM Satellite Radio reception. The SXVCT1's display controller and antenna will plug into the hide-away tuner module, along with the Aux input or factory antenna of your head unit.
Tuning Functions: The SiriusXM Commander Touch offers a variety of tuning functions to help you find, select, and save the SiriusXM Radio stations you want to listen to most.
- Channel & Category Lists: SiriusXM channels are organized into categories to make it easier for you to find channels according to the genre (pop, rock, comedy, etc.). When browsing the channel list, it can be viewed in numerical order or in category order.
- Direct Tuning: A SiriusXM channel can be tuned directly by entering the channel number from the LCD touchscreen's keypad.
- Smart Favorites: You can set up to 18 of your favorite channels so you can easily access those channels. Channels saved as favorites remember up to 30 minutes of content that played on those favorite channels, so that when you tune a favorite channel you can rewind up to 30 minutes.
Advanced Tuning Features: The SiriusXM Commander Touch provides advanced tuning features to allow you to replay live content, customize your own stations, and keep you from missing your favorite music on your favorite SiriusXM channels.
- Instant Replay: The SXVCT1 supports the SiriusXM Instant Replay function, so you can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of live content. Listen to your favorite programming over again.
- TuneMix: TuneMix plays songs in a unique mix from the music channels you have saved as favorites, allowing you to build a single blended music channel of 2 to 18 channels, or three blended music channels from 2 to 6 music channels each.
- TuneStart: With the TuneStart enabled, you will hear the beginning of the song when you tune to one of your 18 favorite music channels in the current SiriusXM Preset Band.
Traffic & Weather Now: The Traffic and Weather Now feature provides an up-to-date traffic and weather report for a selected city near your location. Simply press the Traffic & Weather Now icon on the unit's touchscreen and you'll be able to hear the latest report. Tap the icon again and you will return to the previous channel picking up right where you left off.
Channel Lock: The channel lock feature allows you to lock access to individual channels. A 3-digit numerical code controls access to locked. channels
Radio Connectivity: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio (SXVCT1) connects to your factory radio or aftermarket head unit via Aux or FM. You can adjust the unit's output level to match your head unit's other sources.
- Auxiliary: The SXVCT is fitted with a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack,
- FM Direct: The included FM Direct Adaptor (FMDA25) plugs into the SXVCT's FM output (2.5mm) and directly in line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna and your factory radio's antenna input (motorola). You will need to tune your radio to 88.1 FM. Some vehicles will require additional antenna adapters (sold separately).
Magnetic Antenna: The SiriusXM Commander Touch Vehicle Radio comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and mounted on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Mounting Options: The LCD touchscreen controller mounts directly to your dash, and the tuner hides discreetly behind the dash for a fully integrated look with minimal visible wires.
- Mounting the Controller: The LCD touchscreen controller can be mounted in a variety of ways. It can simply be adhered to a dash surface using double-sided tape or hook-and-loop tape (not included), or directly attached to a dash surface using the included screws. The LCD touchscreen controller has a standard AMPS mounting pattern on the back which is compatible with many other types of mounting solutions designed for vehicles; such as a suction cup windshield mount, a pedestal mount, a dash mount, a vent clip mount, etc. Depending on your vehicle you may also be able to use the included flush mount bracket for a more integrated look.
- Mounting the Tuner Module: The SiriusXM tuner module should be installed and secured behind the dash or center console using wire-ties (not included). Keep in mind that you will need to route several cables to the tuner module from the LCD touchscreen controller, your factory radio, and antenna, so allow enough clearance for the cable connections.
Note: The LCD touchscreen controller includes a flush mount installation option which requires cutting an opening in the dash or console of the vehicle which may or may not be suitable for your specific vehicle. Professional installation is recommended for this type of installation.
Power/Ground Harness: The SXVCT1 comes with a wiring harness that has four wires: +12V constant (yellow), +12V accessory (red), illumination (orange), and ground (black). These wires will need to be hardwired in the vehicle.
USB Updateable: SiriusXM may occasionally release a system software update for Commander Touch. The update can be installed by connecting a USB flash drive with the software update to the microUSB port located at the bottom of the Display Controller. A microUSB Flash Drive or a USB (type-A) flash drive with a USB (type-A) to microUSB adapter is required (not included).
- Width = 4.1875"
- Height = 1.75"
- Depth = 0.5625"
- Cable Length = 6.5'
Hide-Away Tuner Module:
- Width = 5.1875"
- Height = 0.9375"
- Depth = 2.25"
- Width = 1.5625"
- Height = 0.6875"
- Depth = 1.875"
- Cable Length = 23'
- Width = 5.375"
- Height = 2.1875"
- Depth = 0.8125"
- Cutout = 4.3125" x 1.875" x 0.625"
- Width = 2.125"
- Height = 0.75"
- Depth = 1.0"
- Cable Lengths = 8" (male motorola), 8" (female motorola), 6' (2.5mm)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
19 questions already asked