About the Audiovox VURCR01
A great remote replacement
A great remote replacement
Need a new remote for your car or truck, but cringing at dealer pricing? Audiovox designed the VURCR01 remote to replace the factory remote in compatible vehicles ranging from 1997 to 2016. It includes 6-button operation and its water-resistant design holds up against tough conditions. And Audiovox backs up this remote with a 3-year warranty.
Easy to setup, easy to use
Audiovox includes instructions that walk you through finding and entering your vehicle's pairing code, as well as linking the remote with your vehicle. In minutes, you'll have a new remote. In addition to buttons for door lock, panic alarm, trunk release, and other standard factory functionality, it also provides two auxiliary buttons in case you add an alarm, convertible top open/close module, or a remote starter.
Note: Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles require one existing, working factory remote for pairing.
Compatibility note: This replacement car remote only works on vehicles with a factory-installed remote keyless entry system. Please check with your local dealership if you're not sure that your vehicle has the factory-installed system.
- replaces factory remote control for select 1997-2016 vehicles
- 6-button design
- covers lock, unlock, trunk/hatch release, panic alarm
- two auxiliary buttons that can be used with other alarm or remote start systems
- water-resistant design
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VURCR01
What's in the box:
- One replacement car remote
- CR1632 battery (installed)
- User guide (Eng / Span)
Audiovox VURCR01 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audiovox VURCR01
Overview: The Audiovox VURCR01 is a vehicle remote control designed to be a factory replacement or an additional remote that works with select vehicles ranging from 1997 through 2015.
Note: The Audiovox replacement remote control can only be used on vehicles equipped with a factory installed remote keyless entry system. If you are unsure if your vehicle has a factory installed keyless entry system, please check with a local car dealership.
Remote Buttons: The replacement remote features 6 buttons for covering the most common features of a wide range of vehicles.
- Lock: Locks vehicle doors and may arm a factory alarm, if equipped.
- Unlock: Unlocks vehicle doors and may disarm a factory alarm, if equipped.
- Panic: Sounds the factory alarm panic alert, if equipped.
- Trunk: Releases vehicle trunk lid, if equipped.
- Function I and II: These two buttons will operate additional features the factory remote may have.
- Blue Status Light: A blue Status LED at the top of the remote indicates when a button is pressed and when the remote is in Activation mode.
Note: Some vehicles require holding the Trunk, Panic, and/or Function buttons for up to 3 seconds to activate that feature. Refer to original remote operation for specifics.
Activation and Pairing: The first step in getting the remote to operate is looking up the vehicle in the provided User Guide. Each year/model includes an Activation code and a Pairing code. Entering the Activation code tells the remote what vehicle it's working with and the factory remote button functionality. The Pairing code refers to one of 24 pairing procedures listed in the User Guide. Following the appropriate pairing procedure for your vehicle then allows the remote to work with that factory system (pairing procedures may vary widely depending on vehicle type). Note: Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep vehicles require one existing, working remote for pairing.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked