About the Voxx VXMTG10
Voxx knows that these days, when you turn on the TV, you expect to see streaming apps. Their VXMTG10 overhead video monitor builds in essential smart TV accessibility so that you can access your favorite streaming services. Just connect your phone or streaming stick via the monitor's HDMI input and access your vehicle's or device's hot spot.
HDMI input for high-def video
This feature-packed monitor gives the backseat bunch all sorts of options when it comes to in-car entertainment, including a USB port and HDMI input. You can play DVDs or stream HD content from your smartphone or tablet connected via a HDMI cable, and everyone in the back can enjoy crisp, high-definition detail on the 10.1" LCD screen.
You can also add Voxx's WM1 SmartStream wireless adapter to your VXMTG10 video monitor and can stream video content wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet.
Voxx builds in a voltage stabilizer for uninterrupted viewing if your vehicle features a Start/Stop system.
Plenty of audio options
Voxx doesn't shortchange your sound options either. The unit's built-in FM transmitter allows you to beam TV and movie audio to your vehicle's radio and fill the vehicle with sound. If you like it quiet while you're driving, you can send the audio to wireless headphones (not included).
Designed with parental perks
Voxx includes a wireless remote that lets the folks in the back seat take charge of their own entertainment. Well, mostly — parental control settings allow you to set limitations if you need to!
Dome lights and trim rings
For nighttime trips, the back seat occupants will appreciate the built-in dome lights while they're searching for the remote or trying to find a favorite DVD.
- overhead fold-down 10.1" LED video monitor (16:9 widescreen) with built-in DVD player
- includes remote control, cables, mounting hardware, with snap-on trim rings — black, pewter (gray), and shale (tan)
- Smart TV-ready
- built-in voltage stabilizer for vehicles with Stop/Start systems
- includes cables, mounting hardware, with snap-on trim rings (black, gray, and tan)
- built-in dome lights
- 100-channel FM transmitter sends audio to car radio
- IR headphone transmitter (wireless headphones not included)
- wireless remote control
- HDMI input for streaming HD video from HDMI capable devices
- plays DVD, CD, MP3, WMA, AAC, MPEG, AVI, MOV, JPEG, and BMP files
- USB input
- day/night picture mode and backlit controls
- switchable aspect ratio: 16:9/4:3
- inputs: USB port; audio/video input; SD card input; HDMI input
- outputs: audio/video output
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VXMTG10
What's in the box:
- Overhead monitor w/ built-in DVD player
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Mounting bracket (pre-installed)
- 3 Snap-on screen covers (Black/Tan/Gray)
- 3 Snap-on shrouds(Black/Tan/Gray)
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws
- Installation Guide
- Product Registration Card
Voxx VXMTG10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Voxx VXMTG10
10.1" LCD Monitor: The VOXX Movies-to-Go overhead monitor system (VXMTG10) features a drop-down 10.1" TFT active matrix LCD monitor with LED backlighting. The LCD monitor has a resolution of 1024 (RGB) x 600 pixels. You can set the unit's aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9. You can set the screen display format to Widescreen, Pan&Scan, or LetterBox. It is compatible with NTSC and PAL sources. For the best viewing angle, you can manually tilt the monitor up and down 180-degrees. You can also adjust the display's brightness, contrast, color, and tint.
On-Screen Display (OSD): The VOXX VXMTG10 employs an easy to use on-screen display system for various setting adjustments. You can set the on-screen display menu's text to English, French, Spanish, or German.
Built-in DVD Player: The VOXX overhead monitor features a built-in DVD player. The unit will play back DVD-Video, CD-Audio, and CD-R/RW (MP3) discs.
HDMI/MHL Input: The HDMI/MHL input allows you to enjoy high-definition digital images and high-quality sound by connecting a HD device, such as a Blu-ray player, mobile device, or streaming stick to the system. The HDMI/MHL input also allows you to connect your MHL Mobile (High-Definition Link) compatible smartphone or tablet to the VXMTG10. The unit's HDMI input will support 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals.
- Apple iOS Device: Apple iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices which support HDMI output will require a Lightning Digital AV adapter or 30-Pin Digital AV adapter (sold separately), along with a HDMI cable and USB cable that came with your Apple device.
- MHL-Enabled Android: Use a microUSB-to-HDMI cable to connect your MHL-enabled Android smartphone or tablet to the overhead monitor. Some Samsung Android smartphones (like the Galaxy S3/S4/S5 & Note II/III/IV) will require an additional 5-pin micro USB to 11-pin micro USB adapter (sold separately). Newer Samsung Galaxy and Note Android smartphones do not support MHL. Check here for a list of compatible MHL-enabled Android phones.
- Streaming Stick: Use the HDMI/MHL input to connect an Amazon FireStick, Chromecast device, or Roku stick (all sold separately) to the overhead monitor system for playback of online streaming services.
Optional WiFi Adapter: The optional VOXX WM1 WiFi adapter (220WM1, sold separately) lets you wirelessly stream audio/video content from select Apple iOS 4.2+ and Android OS 4.4.4+ devices to the VOXX VXMTG10 overhead monitor system. The WM1 plugs into VOXX Movies-to-Go overhead monitor's 24-pin port and wirelessly communicates with your compatible Apple iOS iPod touch/iPhone/iPad via AirPlay or Android OS smartphone/tablet via Miracast.
Note: Not all Apple iOS or Android devices allow wireless content transfer due to copyright restrictions. Some streaming applications or downloaded content may not pass wirelessly due to copyright protection. In these instances, a wired connection through HDMI would be required.
USB Port: The VOXX VXMTG10 is equipped with a male USB (type-A) port for playback of of music (MP3/WMA/AAC), movies (MPEG/AVI/MOV), and photo (JPEG/BMP) files stored on a USB MSC (mass storage class) memory device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port delivers 2.1 amps to charge compatible USB devices.
AV In/Out: The overhead monitor is equipped with a composite video/stereo RCA audio input for the connection external AV sources, such as your gaming system, camcorder, etc. The VXMTG10 is also equipped with a composite video/stereo RCA audio output which lets you connect the overhead monitor to your car stereo system (HDMI content cannot be transmitted from the unit's AV output).
Built-in FM Modulator: The VOXX overhead monitor system is equipped with a built-in, 100-channel FM wireless modulator. This allows you to listen to the overhead monitor system through your vehicle's FM radio (without a wired connection). The FM Modulator can be set from 88.1MHz to 107.9MHz in 0.2MHz steps.
IR Headphone Transmiter: The VOXX VXMTG10 features an integrated dual channel IR headphone transmitter to transmit audio to an optional set of wireless headphones (sold separately). There is no hardwired headphone jack.
Remote Control: In addition to the unit's hard-key controls along the frame, the roof mount monitor comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control that operates all the functions of the unit.
Dual LED Dome Lights: The dome lights provide additional interior illumination. The Dome Lights integrated into the unit are controlled by a three position slide switch. Sliding the switch to the ON position will turn the light ON. The OFF position will prevent the lights from turning ON with the vehicle interior lighting. The AUTO position will allow the lights to turn ON and OFF with the vehicle interior lighting.
Mounting: The VXMTG10 mounts to roof of your vehicle with the supplied metal mounting bracket and supplied hardware. This overhead monitor system comes with 3 different colored (Black/Tan/Gray) interchangeable, screen covers, shrouds, and trim rings to match your vehicle's interior.
The Voxx VXMTG10 replaces these items