About the XM XMFM1 FM Modulator
The XMFM1 FM modulator lets you send the signal from your plug-and-play satellite radio directly to your vehicle's stereo. The direct connection eliminates the static and interference that can occur when using a wireless FM transmitter. You won't have to find an unused station or switch between stations when traveling to different areas. Just tune to your favorite XM channel, and enjoy excellent sound quality.
Installation of the XMFM1 requires removal of your factory or aftermarket stereo. Then simply plug your factory radio antenna into the adapter and plug the adapter into the antenna plug on the rear of your stereo.
Please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 or enter your vehicle information to see if any antenna adapters or tools are needed to install this FM modulator.
- FM direct connection adapter for XM satellite radios
- plugs directly into the rear of your factory or aftermarket stereo
- works with all XM SureConnect plug-and-play radios
- includes plugs and wires for most installations (antenna adapters may be required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XMFM1
What's in the box:
- FM direct adapter
- Power adapter socket
- Installation guide
XM XMFM1 FM Modulator reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM XMFM1 FM Modulator
Overview: The Audiovox FM Direct Adapter XMFM1 optimizes quality and minimizes interference for a clear connection to your vehicle's radio when listening to your XM receiver through your car stereo's FM receiver. The FM Direct adapter is used to directly connect your XM receiver to your car's audio system and antenna. The FM Direct kit includes the FM Direct adapter and an extra power adapter socket.
Compatibility: The XMFM1 adapter is designed to work with all XM SureConnect Plug and Play tuners.
FM Direct Adapter: The FM Direct adapter consists of an adapter module box that has 3 attached wire-leads and one input connection. The box is 1.336" wide, 2.025" deep, and 0.817" tall. The 3 wires coming off the box and the single input are as follows.
- To XM Radio: The adapter has a 6' antenna lead with a single SMB connector that plugs into your XM receiver's antenna input.
- To FM Radio: The adapter also includes a 3' antenna lead with a male motorola plug that plugs into your in-dash head-unit's antenna connection.
- To FM Ant: The adapter contains a 3' antenna lead with a female motorola plug that is used to plug your vehicle's antenna lead into.
- XM Ant: The adapter also features a SMB jack that is used to plug your XM satellite radio's antenna into.
Power Adapter Socket: The FM Direct kit comes supplied with a power adapter socket to free up your vehicle's primary cigarette lighter adapter for other uses. The Power adapter socket consists of the following.
- Power Plug: The power plug will accept most cigarette lighter adapter plugs. The outer diameter of the plug is 1", while the inner diameter is 0.75"
- Power Wire: The power plug features a 39" power lead with bare-tinned copper wire on one end to hardwire to your electrical system.
- Ground Wire: The power plug contains a 39" ground lead with bare-tinned copper wire on one end for grounding the power plug.
The XM XMFM1 FM Modulator replaces these items
- For use with the SKYFi2 XM receiver (car kit also required) or Roady2 XM receiver
- allows the built-in wireless FM transmitter to be hardwired to your car radio's antenna jack for improved sound