About the XM XMp3i
Listen to XM, play your MP3s just about anywhere
Listen to XM, play your MP3s just about anywhere
You'll get the best of both worlds with the XMp3i satellite radio, giving you XM reception and MP3/WMA playback in a portable device about the size of a cell phone. Its built-in antenna receives a live XM signal, while a microSD slot lets you play back up to 8GB of your favorite MP3s and WMAs.
Storing XM content
You'll enjoy lots of options for recording up to 100 hours of XM programming. When you hook up the XMp3i to your computer, XM2go® Music Manager software helps you organize your recorded content, and lets you schedule recordings it's like a DVR for your satellite radio. In addition to recording single songs or blocks of programming, you can set the XMp3i to record up to 5 channels at the same time — handy if your news program, celebrity interview, and music special all happen to air during an important ballgame.
One-touch recording and program alerts
Like a song you're hearing for the first time? One-touch recording lets you tap a button and save it into the XMp3i radio's memory. With TuneSelect and GameSelect, the XMp3i tells you when your favorite songs, artists, or teams are playing on another XM channel.
The XMp3i lets you pause, rewind, and replay up to 30 minutes of live XM, so it's no problem if you're interrupted during one of your favorite programs. XM's online and built-in programming guides keep you posted on what's coming up on your favorite XM channels.
Bright, vibrant display and easy controls
The XMp3i's vivid screen displays channel, artist, and song information with text that's easy to read, even in bright sunlight. And the XMp3i's simple button layout allows you to navigate XM programming and your digital music collection with ease.
A true portable
XM built the XMp3i to be a true portable, with a built-in antenna that picks up the live XM signal anywhere that's free of obstructions. Just charge up the battery, plug in the included earbuds, and go.
The XMp3i comes with accessories for connecting to your home stereo, including a dock, antenna, and an audio cable. You also get a handy remote that allows you to change channels without getting off your sofa. You can add SIRIUS|XM's PowerConnect adapter for straightforward installation in your car.
Note: A subscription to XM is also required. Satellite radio service is available only within Canada and the lower 48 states not available in Hawaii or U.S. territories.
- portable handheld XM satellite radio/MP3 player
- built-in antenna allows for portable reception of live XM broadcasts
- microSD card slot lets you play back up to 16GB of your favorite MP3s and WMAs
- home accessories included: cradle, power adapter, audio cable
- USB cable for scheduling recordings from your computer
- works with PowerConnect system
- internal memory for storage of up to 100 hours of XM programming, including individual songs and blocks of XM programming
- record up to 5 channels at the same time
- one-touch recording of up to 10 hours of individual songs
- schedule recording for up to 75 hours of your favorite XM programs with XM2go Music Manager
- bookmark and purchase songs from compatible online music services, including Napster, using the XM2go Music Manager
- bright, full-color display shows channel, artist, and song information
- TuneSelect memory alerts you when songs or artists you've saved are playing on XM
- GameSelect lets you know when your favorite sports teams are playing on any XM channel
- 99 channel presets
- display shows scrolling info extras, including sports scores and a stock ticker
- weight: 3.1 oz
- 2-1/8"W x 4-5/16"H x 11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XPMP3H1
What's in the box:
- Portable XM Satellite Radio Receiver
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (3.7V/920mAH)
- XPR1 Remote control (with installed CR2032 battery)
- Earbud-style headphones (with attached 39" cord terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- 3 Pairs of silicone earbud inserts (small/medium/large)
- 35" USB cable (with a USB type-A connector on one end and a USB type-B connector on other end)
- 39" Audio cable (with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and male stereo RCA connectors on other end)
- Home dock
- Indoor/Outdoor XM antenna (with attached 20' cable terminated by an SMB connector)
- AC power adapter (with attached 6.5" DC cord)
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Accessory Guide
- Limited Warranty sheet
- XM channel guide
XM XMp3i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the XM XMp3i
Overview: The XMp3i is a portable satellite radio receiver with a built-in 2 GB memory for recording satellite radio programming or storing MP3 and WMA music files downloaded from your computer. The XMp3i also supports microSD cards up to 16 GB for playback of your stored MP3/WMA music files. The XMp3i comes with a home kit for connecting the unit to your home stereo system, plus a pair of earbud headphones.
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio offers a great variety of programming such as commercial free music of almost any genre (Pop, Rock, Dance, Hip-Hop, R&B, Country, Christian, Jazz, Blues, Classical, Latin), sports (MLB, NHL, college games, PGA tour), talk radio (NPR), comedy (Laugh Attack, The Foxxhole), news (CNN, CSPAN, CNBC, BBC), and entertainment (Oprah, Cosmo). XM Radio provides superior digital sound quality coast-to-coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities.
LCD Display: The XMp3i is equipped with a full-color 2.25" TFT LCD screen. The XM channel names are displayed with their full color logo. In addition to the XM Channel names, the display shows the channel number, artist name, song title, battery status, and clock. The display also indicates the current play mode (XM or My Music), signal strength or available memory, and, when playing songs in My Music, a progress bar with total track length and current location within a track.
Built-in 2GB Memory: The XMp3i's 2GB built-in memory can be used to store XM content or a combination of both XM and MP3/WMA files. You can choose to exclusively store XM content, using the entire memory to store up to 100 hours of programming.
Removable Memory Storage: The XMp3i features a microSD card slot which supports microSD and microSDHC cards up to 16 GB (sold separately) for playback of your stored MP3/WMA music files. Class 2 microSD cards are recommended for best performance. (Class 6 cards are not compatible, and Class 4 cards may be problematic at this time.)
Music File Formats: The XMp3i supports MP3 and WMA with fixed (32, 48, 96, 128, 160, 192, 256, 320 kbps) and variable (64-128, 128-256, 160-320 kbps) bit rates.
Built-In Antenna: The XMp3i uses a built-in XM antenna located on top of the unit to allow you to listen to Live XM radio on the go in many areas and various locations.
Rechargeable Battery: The XMp3i comes with a 3.7-volt rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery is rated for 3.5 hours of live XM playback or 16.5 hours of prerecorded content playback. The amount of playback time can be affected by the duration of the display backlight. The battery can be recharged while plugged into household AC current or connected to your PC via the USB cable. The battery has a standby life of 30 days when fully charged.
Operating Modes: The XMp3i features three different listening modes - Live XM, My Music Library, and Auto Recordings.
- Live XM: Live XM is where you
listen to and record live XM broadcasts. You can
search for XM music through the entire listing of
channels or search by categories (genres), direct
track access or create your own favorites listing
of up to 99 XM Radio stations. The Live XM mode
offers the following additional features:
- Pause and Replay: The XMp3i has a 30-minute memory buffer which allows you to pause and replay Live XM programming.
- TuneSelect & GameSelect: The TuneSelect feature finds your favorite artist, song, or sports teams (up to 30) whenever they are currently being played on any XM channel. When you hear a favorite song, you can add the song or artist to the TuneSelect list. You can also enter an artist name or song title using the virtual on-screen keyboard, even if it's not currently playing. When the saved song or artist is playing on any other XM channel, the XMp3i will beep and you will be given the option to switch to that channel.
- Bookmark: You can bookmark songs that you hear on XM (live or recorded), and view those bookmarks through the XM2go Music Manager application when the unit is connected to your PC. You can then look up information about the artist or album, and purchase a complete, high-fidelity version of the song that can be played on multiple devices from Napster.
- Recording XM: You can instantly record XM content to the memory with the press of a single button and record a single song or continue to record the current channel for up to six hours. You can also instruct the XMp3i to automatically record up to 30 hours of content from one of the five channels you listen to most. A specific event can be recorded by scheduling the date (today, every day, or a specific date), start time, end time, and channel. The unit can record up to 10 hours continuously and store up to 100 hours of XM music.
- My Music Library: This mode allows you
to listen to XM content that you have recorded to the XMp3i
and any MP3/WMA files or audio books you have stored on the
XMp3i or an inserted microSD card from your PC. The My Music
Mode offers the following features:
- Organizing Music: All songs and tracks that are stored in the XMp3i are normally played in the order that they were recorded or transferred into the unit. You can also sort the selections by artists, category, channel, or by recording session.
- Playlist: This feature allows you to create one or more custom playlists. Each playlist is an index of songs that play in a certain order. The XMp3i allows you to create multiple playlists to allow you to enjoy your music in various order and combinations.
- Auto Recordings: Auto Recordings is where you find content that the XMp3i records automatically for you. the XMp3i records auto recordings from channels you have specifically selected, or have listened to for at least 30 minutes. XMp3i may record up to 6 hours from as many as 5 different channels, for a total of up to 30 hours of auto recordings. The XMp3i manages the auto recordings for you, deleting content that you have listened to, and replacing it with fresh content so you always have something new to listen to. While you cannot delete the content, you can designate which channels are eligible for Auto Recording.
Settings: The Settings menu allows you to adjust the preferences and setup of your XMp3i. The following is a list of function adjustments found within this menu:
- EQ Presets: The XMp3i offers the following EQ Presets - Flat, Max Boost, Pop, Rock, Classical, Jazz, Talk, Vocal, and Bass Boost
- Display: This feature allows you to adjust the brightness level (low/medium/high) of the LCD display and select how long the backlight of the display will stay on. You can choose from 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, always on, or always off.
- Info Extras: XM Satellite Radio broadcasts information such as sports scores, stock prices, and other features from time to time. You can select your favorite sports teams (up to 60 teams) or track up to 30 stocks, and the scores and stock prices will scroll along the bottom of the display.
- Edit Alerts: You can enable GameSelect Alerts, Program Alerts and/or Schedule Recordings.
- Channel Skip/Add: You can simplify the list of channels that you see from the XM channel list when you press the up and down arrows by removing stations you don't want listed.
Connections: The following connections are located on the XMp3i.
- Dock Connector: Proprietary dock connector used to supply connection to the supplied home dock.
- USB Jack: Mini-USB type B connector port used to supply connection to your PC via the supplied USB cable.
- Earbud Jack: 3.5mm mini-jack headphone port used for portable and private listening of your music via the supplied earbud headphones or optional headphones of your choice.
USB Port and Cable: The kit features a mini USB type-B port and comes supplied with a USB type-A to mini USB type-B cable to allow transfer of MP3 and WMA music files to the XMp3i from your computer. The USB cable will also charge the battery to the XMp3i when connected to your PC.
XM2go Music Manager Software: You can download the XM2go Music Manger software at www.xmradio.com/xm2gomusicmanager to help you organize your Satellite Radio and MP3/WMA music. The XM2go Music Manager Software offers the following functions:
- Scheduled Recordings: This function allows you to record XM content from up to five XM Radio channels at the same time for up to 75 hours.
- Manage Your Music: You can easily create and modify custom playlists of your XM recordings or your personal MP3/WMA music collection.
- Rip CDs to MP3/WMA Files: Allows you to enjoy your MP3 and WMA files on a microSD card or transfer them onto the XMp3i.
- View XM's Online Program Guide: Displays what is playing on all XM channels for the next two weeks.
- Bookmark and Purchase Songs: Allows you to bookmark and purchase songs from compatible online music service including www.napster.com.
- Purchase and Listen to Audio Books: Allows you to purchase and listen to audio books from www.Audible.com/xm.
- View XM's Online Program Guide: Discover new music and programs by seeing what's available on all XM channels from the next week.
- Support for Multiple Radios: You can manage up to five XM2go radios from one computer.
- Manage Software Updates: When a new software release is available, and you connect the XMp3i radio to your computer, you will be prompted to complete the update.
System Requirements: The XM2go Music Manager software runs on Window-based personal computers only. The XMp3i and XM2go Music Manager software is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista
Windows XP System Requirements
Windows Vista System Requirements
Supplied Home Dock Kit: The supplied home kit allows you to use your XMp3i in your home along with your existing home audio/video system. It includes a home docking station, remote control, AC power adapter, antenna, audio cable, and USB cable.
Docking Cradle: The XMp3i features a horizontal docking cradle that allows you to play your XMp3i through your existing home stereo system. The dock features the following connections.
- Dock Connector: Proprietary connector used to attach your XMp3i.
- 5.2V DC: Power connection port to be used with the supplied AC power adapter.
- Line Out: 3.5mm mini-jack line output used to transfer signal from your XMp3i to your home stereo system via the supplied stereo mini-jack to stereo RCA cable.
- Antenna: SMB connector used to connect the supplied XM indoor/outdoor antenna.
Remote Control: The unit comes supplied with a full-featured IR wireless remote control. The remote control offers the same functions as the unit's controls as well as the Jump feature which switches to the previous channel you were listening to. The supplied compact remote control contains a 0-9 numeric keypad, volume, up/down/left/right and XM select buttons, power, mode, record, pause/mute, bookmark, favorites, jump, and display buttons.
XM Antenna: The high-gain antenna gives you interior or exterior mounting options, and features a hinged base for flexible positioning. The antenna can be placed on any horizontal surface or mounted vertically to an interior or exterior wall.
Note: It is recommended that the antenna be positioned near a south-facing window or outdoors with a clear view of the southern sky in order to receive the satellite signal.
Optional Car Kit: The XAPV2 Vehicle Kit (220XAPV2, sold separately) allows you to mount and play the XMp3i portable XM Satellite Radio receiver in your car through your vehicle's audio system.
Additional Home Kit: The XAPH1 XM Satellite Radio Additional Home Kit (220XAPH1, sold separately) allows you to use the XMp3i portable XM Satellite Radio receiver in a second location without moving the original home kit.
- Width: 2.065"
- Height: 4.265"
- Depth: 0.635"
- Weight: 3.10 oz (with battery)
- Width: 2.695"
- Height: 1.4375"
- Depth: 2.115"
- Width: 2.355"
- Height: 0.9375" (3.0625" w/ antenna up)
- Depth: 2.765"
- Cord Length: 20'
- Width: 1.585"
- Height: 0.595"
- Depth: 4.715"
- Weight: 2.4 oz (with battery)
The XM XMp3i replaces these items
- portable XM satellite radio and MP3/WMA player
- built-in antenna for portable reception of live XM signal
- stores 100 hours of XM content and plays MP3/WMA files from a microSD card (up to 8GB)