About the PowerVision PowerEgg X Wizard
A versatile waterproof camera drone
A versatile waterproof camera drone
The PowerVision PowerEgg X is three camera platforms in one. In Drone mode, it gives the traditional birds-eye quadcopter view. Attach the included hand strap and you can use it as a gimbal-stabilized handheld camera. Or you can mount it on an optional camera tripod and use its clever AI software to recognize and track a moving subject. The drone's 12-megapixel, 4K camera shoots excellent photos and video in any configuration.
The Wizard package includes a waterproof casing and pontoons that allow for takeoff and landing on bodies of water. And there's an extra battery so you can keep flying longer.
The PowerVision PowerEgg X Wizard can be made waterproof and configured for takeoff and landing on water.
Remote control and app
An included video game style remote features a smartphone dock, and controls the drone up to 3.7 miles away. The free Vision+ 2 app displays 1080p video from the camera's point of view, and offers simplified photo and video editing so you can prepare your images for sharing on social media.
Drone video is often silent, but the PowerEgg X Wizard's SyncVoice technology records sound using the mic in your phone and automatically synchronizes audio with images.
- 12-megapixel 4K camera stabilized by 3-axis gimbal
- includes waterproof casing and pontoons for takeoff and landing on water
- SyncVoice records sound using the mic in your phone
- automatically synchronizes audio with images
- joystick-style remote controller with smartphone dock included
- Vision+ 2 app provides simplified photo and video editing
- records to microSD memory card
- powered by a speedy 13-core multiprocessor
- three convenient configurations: drone, handheld, and AI camera modes
- drone mode:
- attach included struts and rotors to fly
- max flight time: 30 minutes
- max speed: 40 miles per hour
- detects and avoids obstacles within 65-foot range
- handheld mode:
- smooth, steady gimbal-aided handheld photography and video
- up to 4 hours battery life
- AI camera mode:
- accurate multi-angle face recognition
- automatically tracks moving subject
- intelligent composition keeps your subject in the center of the shot
- control via gesture recognition
- waterproof casing
- pontoons for takeoff and landing on water
- remote controller
- wrist strap
- full set of arms and propellers
- 3 spare pairs of propellers
- two intelligent batteries
- intelligent charger
Dimensions and warranty:
- 4" diameter x 7" long (in handheld mode)
- weight: 1.2 lbs. (handheld mode)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PXW10
What's in the box:
- Aerial drone w/ gimbal camera (2 plastic covers pre-installed)
- 2 Propeller arm assemblies
- 10 Propellers (4 installed)
- Waterproof housing
- 2 Pontoons
- 2 Batteries
- Charger (attached 38" proprietary cable)
- 59" AC power cord
- 9" microUSB-to-USB cable
- 9" USB-C to USB-A cable
- 9" Lightning-to-USB cable
- 10" microUSB to USB extension cable
- Tripod adapter
- Plastic block
- 18 Machine screws
- Storage case
- Accessory case
- Drawstring pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Intelligent Battery Safety Guidelines
- Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the PowerVision PowerEgg X Wizard
Waterproof Accessories: By installing the included waterproof accessories (housing & pontoons), the PowerEgg X Wizard can fly in the rain and take off and land on water. It performs well in the aerial photography of water sports and rescue investigations. The PowerEgg X Wizard will even be able to fly in heavy rain and is suitable for harsh environments through the use of these waterproof accessories.
Control Modes: The PowerEgg X Wizard offers two control modes - Drone mode for flight control and AI-Camera Mode for hand-held operation.
- Drone (Flight) Mode: In Drone Mode, the PowerEgg X Wizard is a high-performance aerial drone. The PowerEgg X Wizard is equipped with a visual system both in the front and at the bottom as well as an ultrasonic sensor system, which enables the drone to hover mid-air stably both indoors and outdoors. The drone also features auto-return, obstacle avoidance, and intelligent flight. It has a maximum wind speed resistance of 18-23.6 mph so that it can stably fly in coastal or windy conditions. It is suitable for highly dynamic aerial photography thanks to its 4K/60fps camera and triaxial mechanical gimbal. You can control real-time 1080P image transmission within a distance of 3.7 miles (FCC). In this mode, the drone is controlled by the included remote controller and the Vision+ 2 app. Its maximum flight time is approximately 30 minutes.
- AI-Camera (Hand-Held) Mode: The PowerEgg X Wizard is not just a drone, it is also a hand-held gimbal camera or can be mounted on a tripod. When switched into hand-held mode, the PowerEgg X Wizard can capture life's beautiful moments anytime, anywhere using its triaxial mechanical stability augmentation gimbal and Autonomous Personal AI Camera. In AI-Camera Mode, the PowerEgg X Wizard can work without a remote controller. You can operate the camera and preview images or videos in real time in the Vision+ 2 app by connecting your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the gimbal over a WiFi network. Its maximum working time is 3.5 hours.
Note: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
Remote Controller: The PowerEgg X Wizard's remote controller can remotely operate the aircraft and wirelessly stream HD images and videos on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device via the Vision+ 2 app in real time. The controller offers joystick and push-button control, plus has an adjustable cradle and USB port to mount and connect your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device running the Vision+ 2 app. The combination of the remote controller and the Vision+ 2 app provides operation of the drone and a live video feed of the drone's gimbal camera at a distance of up to 3.7 miles.
- Your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device must be connected to the remote controller's USB port via the included Lightning, microUSB, or USB-C cable.
- The adjustable cradle will expand from 2.5" to 2.9375" to fit most Apple iPhones and Android smartphones in a landscape (horizontal) orientation. You will need to remove your protective case or battery pack from your smartphone device.
Vision+ 2 App: The Vision+ 2 App (for Apple iOS 10.0.2+ and Android OS 5.0+ [coming soon]) provides real-time high definition video streaming (up to 3.7 miles) on your compatible mobile device with detailed flight data including associated parameters and map information. The app also provides flight control; as well as camera control and adjustments. In addition, the Vision+ 2 App lets you access advanced features such as AI-Tracking, Gesture Control, Smart Editing, and SyncVoice.
Automatic Obstacle Avoidance + Precise Landing: The front and bottom binocular depth measurement enables the PowerEgg X Wizard to detect the distance from an obstacle within a range of 65' in real-time and then land precisely.
Flight Modes: The PowerVision PowerEgg X Wizard has 3 flight modes - P Mode (Professional), N Mode (Normal), and E Mode (Easy Control).
- P Mode (Professional): In this mode, sonar is used instead of GPS and the visual positioning system. The aircraft is essentially on full manual control.
- N Mode (Normal): In this mode, the aircraft uses GPS or the visual positioning system, depending on their signal strength. If GPS is unavailable, the visual positioning system and sonar are used to ensure accurate hovering of the aircraft, including indoors. When neither GPS signals not the visual positioning system satisfies the condition for proper and safe flight, the system will automatically switch to Professional mode. In t his case, only sonar is provided.
- E Mode (Easy Control): In this mode, the aircraft uses GPS and there is no need to focus on the flight orientation of the aircraft. There is a 10m radius safety zone with the user as the center of the circle, where the aircraft cannot enter. The forward and backward flight direction of the aircraft is relative to the operator. Pushing the right joystick up will move the aircraft away from the operator, regardless of aircraft orientation.
3-Axis Gimbal 4K Camera: The PowerEgg X Wizard's high-precision, 3-axis gimbal camera can record 4K UHD videos at 60fps and 12MP still images. The gimbal camera features a 1/2.8" CMOS image sensor with 12MP effective pixels; plus a 27mm lens with a 78.4 degree FOV, f/1.8 aperture, and shooting range of 1M to infinity. The 3-axis mechanical stability augmentation gimbal can efficiently filter out vibration caused by external sources. Compared to ordinary photography, its anti-shake effect and photography are superior.
- Video: You can record video in 4K (3840x2160; 24/25/30/48/50/60p), FHD (1920x1080; 24/25/30/48/50/60/120p), or HD (1280x720; 24/25/30/48/50/60/120/240p). Video is recorded in MP4 or MOV (H.265/H.264/MPEG-4) with a maximum video bitrate of 75 Mbps. You can adjust the ISO range from 100 to 3200.
- Photo: You can capture still images photos at 12MP (4000x3000) in JPEG or RAW format. You can choose between Single, Burst (3/5/7 frames), Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), or Interval (3/5/7/10/15/30/60 seconds) shooting modes. The shutter speed can adjusted from 8 to 1/8000 seconds, while the ISO range can adjusted from 100 to 6400.
Note: Video and Photos are recorded onto a Class 10 or UHS-3 rated microSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC memory card (up to 128GB). Memory card not included and sold separately - see Accessories Tab.
AI Camera Modes: The PowerEgg X Wizard incorporates AI Face Recognition and an Intelligent Composition Mode to help you track and capture your subject.
- AI Face Recognition: The PowerEgg X Wizard features strong face recognition capabilities. Its face recognition accuracy is continuously improved through deep learning training to follow the object when taking a photo or recording a video. PowerVision's deep learning is built on non-identifiable global big data, which supports facial recognition and automatic composition to adapt to the features of different people. It then delivers accurate, efficient, multi-angle, remote face recognition and subject lock-on. Facial recognition will become increasingly intelligent and accurate through ongoing deep learning and official firmware upgrading.
- Intelligent Composition Mode: Additionally, the intelligent composition mode is available for general shots and selfies to improve the photography experience further. PowerEgg X Wizard's camera tracks a field of view up to 170°. No matter if it is an indoor selfie or an outdoor sports scene, the PowerEgg X Wizard can capture the images you want. Additionally, the PowerEgg X Wizard can automatically remember a subject. Even if the subject moves beyond the field of view and then moves back again, the PowerEgg X Wizard will track it.
Gesture Commands: You can command the Autonomous Personal AI Camera by simply standing in front of the camera and making a gesture. Through deep learning based on a database of gestures, the PowerEgg X Wizard supports multi-gesture intelligent recognition for photos, videos, subject tracking, and group photos.
SyncVoice Technology: The PowerEgg X Wizard is equipped with PowerVision's patented SyncVoice technology. SyncVoice can pick up high-fidelity sound using your smartphone's microphone or wireless headphones and automatically synchronize the audio with the pictures. The SyncVoice patented technology automatically synchronizes the sound picked up by your smartphone's microphone with the pictures, putting an end to silent aerial photography.
Rechargeable Batteries: The PowerEgg X Wizard comes with two LiPo rechargeable batteries (3800mAh) that provide a combined flight time of 60 minutes in Drone Mode or 7 hours of combined operation in AI Camera Mode (only one battery can be installed at a time). An AC power adapter is included to recharge the batteries (one at a time). The AC power adapter also features two USB-A port to recharge the battery of the included remote controller and your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.