About the Velodyne DLS-3750R
Advanced subwoofer with a remote control
Advanced subwoofer with a remote control
Don't let flabby bass spoil your sound. Velodyne, one of the leaders in subwoofer technology, has made it possible to get audiophile-grade bass response without breaking the bank. The DLS-3750R powered sub features a 175-watt amp, plus advanced circuitry that controls the sub's performance with pinpoint accuracy. The result is hard-hitting bass response with incredible detail and clarity. And the DLS-3750R even comes with a remote control, so you can adjust the sub's volume and access other functions with ease.
Precision digital signal processing
The key to the DLS-3750R's exceptional sound is in the digital signal processing (DSP). DSPs are embedded computer chips that monitor the audio functions of the subwoofer. It's like having your bass controlled with the accuracy of a high-speed computer. DSP subwoofers have never been available in this price range before usually, they cost more than twice this much.
Flexible bass control at the push of a button
With the DLS-3750R, Velodyne give you flexible control over the bass output. Four customized audio presets Movies, Rock, Jazz/Classical, Games allow you to fine tune the sub's sound to suit your tastes and source material. Night Mode limits the maximum output for polite late-night listening sessions. And a 4-position selectable phase control ensures seamless blending with your main speakers.
The DLS-3750R features flexible connectivity options, so it's easy to incorporate this sub into your existing system, whether for stereo music or home theater. You get line-level and speaker-level inputs, including a crossover bypass for 5.1 home theater bass precision. There's even a stereo line-level output with a selectable 80 Hz or 100 Hz high-pass crossover for use with a pre-amplifier.
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- 175-watt RMS amplifier
- 10" front-firing driver
- frequency response 28-120 Hz (±3dB)
- continuously variable 40-120 Hz low-pass crossover
- stereo line-level input with crossover bypass switch
- stereo line-level output with 80 Hz or 100 Hz high-pass crossover
- speaker-level inputs and outputs with binding post connectors
- 4-position phase control (0º, 90º, 180º, and 270º)
- volume control
- auto power on/off
- remote control included
- 15"W x 16-9/16"H x 18-1/4"D
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor for drivers, 3 years parts and labor for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DLS-3750R SILVER
What's in the box:
- Silver powered subwoofer
- 1 Grille (installed)
- 1 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- User's Manual
- Owner's Registration card
Velodyne DLS-3750R reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Velodyne DLS-3750R
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Woofer Composition||Reinforced fiber|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||80 or 100 Hz|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||175|
|Frequency Response||28-120 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||---|
Maximum Dynamic Power Amplifier: The DLS-3750R amplifier is capable of delivering enormous continuous and reserve dynamic power. The subwoofer is driven by 175 watts of continuous RMS power and 375 watts of dynamic power.
Reinforced Fiber Driver: To compliment the powerful amplifier, the subwoofer uses an extended excursion driver with a reinforced fiber cone and foam surround. The driver is engineered with a vented pole-piece that increases power handling and assures long-term reliability.
Distortion Limiting System: This system, programmed into the subwoofer's DSP, maximizes usable amplifier power and provides maximum available cone travel without overdriving. The software parameters used for the DLS system are customized for each DLS-R amplifier and driver. With digital precision, it is possible to achieve the maximum allowable performance from both the amplifier and woofer motor structure without overdriving either. The result is deeper bass extension, bigger impact and cleaner output.
Bass-reflex Design: The cabinet features a slot-loaded, front-firing, bass-reflex design. This approach minimizes the distortion created in ported cabinets known as "port noise" and maximizes bass impact.
Anti-clipping Circuitry: The sub incorporates anti-clipping circuitry to limit amplifier clipping distortion.
Low-pass Crossover: The crossover control allows you to adjust the upper limit of the subwoofer's frequency response from 40 to 120 Hz.
High-pass Crossover: The high-pass crossover can be set to 80 or 100 Hz. This crossover is functional on both line and speaker-level outputs.
DSP Controlled: Presets for customized listening, volume control, night mode, low-pass crossover, phase, anti-clipping and overdrive protection are all controlled with the precision of a high-speed computer. DSP technology means that the subwoofer delivers the cleanest, deepest, and highest output bass possible, while maintaining a flat, detailed and accurate frequency response.
Remote Control: The supplied remote lets you control the following functions:
- Power: This button forces the subwoofer into standby mode. The woofer will not play and the LED will turn off. The unit will remain in this mode until the power button is pressed again.
- Mute: This button mutes the subwoofer.
- Phase: This control allows you to optimize the subwoofer performance based on its location and your listening position. You can select one of the following settings: 0°, 90°, 180°, or 270°.
- Light: If you wish, you can deactivate the blue front panel light on this unit.
- Night: Night mode limits the maximum output of the subwoofer for late night listening.
- Volume +/-: This control allows you to balance the output from the subwoofer to the main speakers in your system. You can also control the volume from the back panel of the subwoofer.
- Presets: You can choose
any of the following presets:
- Movies: maximum output and impact for explosions and other action adventure movie content
- R&B - Rock: provides the driving bass found in today's rock music
- Jazz - Classical: offers the tightest, cleanest, lowest distortion bass
- Games: maximum loudness available for the impact of video games
Auto Turn-on Function: With this function in the "active" position, the subwoofer will turn itself on automatically when an audio signal is present. If no signal is present for a period of time, the unit will switch to standby mode.
Subwoofer Direct: To bypass the subwoofer's internal crossover when the unit is being fed a low-pass signal from another crossover, simply select the Subwoofer Direct mode. This will eliminate the internal crossover from the signal path.
Preamp Level Input: The line-level jacks should be used when connecting the subwoofer to a pre-amp, signal processor, line-level crossover, or receiver with pre-amp level outputs.
Preamp Level Output: This stereo line-level output has an 80 or 100 Hz high-pass crossover for use with a pre-amp.
Speaker Level Input: The speaker-level jacks connect directly to the speaker outputs of any amplifier, integrated amplifier, or receiver.
Speaker Level Output: The speaker outputs send a crossed-over signal to the front speakers. This output is affected by the high-pass crossover, which can be set to 80 or 100 Hz.