About the U.S. acoustics USB-2080
The U.S. acoustics USB-2080 amplifier gives you high performance and value that can't be beat. You'll get the power and clarity you crave (thanks to the high-current MOSFET power supplies and output stages), along with a budget-friendly price tag and a 3-year warranty. No other amplifier brand in this price range can boast that kind of warranty!
Variable crossovers ensure that you get the sound you want. Engage the low-pass crossover for tight, clean bass from a subwoofer; or, if you're powering full-range speakers, switch on the high-pass crossover to trim out unwanted low frequencies for improved performance. No muddiness here! An anti-thump circuit protects you from that annoying "thump" at power-up.
- 80 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 140 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 280 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
- 4-ohm stable in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- variable high-pass (65-4500 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and low-pass (40-460 Hz, 24 dB/octave) crossovers
- anti-thump circuit
- speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- thermal, short-circuit, and power/ground reversal protection
- 10-3/16"W x 2-5/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- 3-year warranty
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier with one 30-amp blade fuse inserted into the chassis
- 1 Spare 30-amp blade fuse
- One 9" speaker-level input harness
- 4 Plastic isolation mounting feet
- 4 Self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty/Warranty Registration Card
- Desiccant packet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the U.S. acoustics USB-2080
Power Supply and Output Devices: High-current MOSFET devices are used in the power supply and output stages of this amplifier.
Anti-thump Circuitry: There is a time delay turn-on with opto-coupled muting circuits for quiet, thump-free operation.
High-speed, Audio-grade Components: High-speed, audio-grade components are used in all low-level stages to help ensure signal integrity.
Internal Crossover: The internal crossover can be set for flat (full-range), high-pass or low-pass operation. The low-pass frequency is variable from 40-460Hz with a 24dB/octave slope. The high-pass frequency is variable from 65-4500Hz with a 12dB/octave slope.
True Line Output: The gold-plated RCA outputs on this amplifier are able to send flat (full-range), low-pass or high-pass signals to a second amplifier. If the internal crossover is set to flat (full-range), the line outputs will pass a full-range signal. When the built-in crossover is set for high-pass operation, the line outputs provide a low-pass signal. When the built-in crossover is set for low-pass operation, the line outputs provide a high-pass signal.
Protection Circuitry: Reverse polarity, thermal and short circuit protection circuits are used to help protect the amplifier from damage and ensure reliable operation.
LED Condition Indicators: A green power LED and a red protection LED are use to indicate the amp's operating status.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- +12V, Remote Turn-on and Ground Connections: gold-plated screw terminals; each terminal is 0.335" wide
- Speakers Outputs: gold-plated screw terminals; each terminal is 0.335" wide
Warranty Note: The Warranty Card states that the amplifier is covered by a 1-year parts and labor warranty if installed by an authorized U.S. acoustics installer, otherwise the warranty is 90 days. However, U.S. acoustics has extended a 3-year parts and labor warranty to all Crutchfield customers.
The U.S. acoustics USB-2080 replaces these items