About the MTX X Thunder 704X
The distinctive chrome MTX logo and heavy-duty end panels let you know that X Thunder amps mean business. Their large extruded aluminum heatsinks and anodized finish keep these durable amps running cool even under extreme listening conditions.
The X Thunder 704X amplifier pushes out 70 watts RMS to each of four speakers, or it can be bridged to run 210 watts RMS into two channels. This amp includes high- and low-pass filters that let you adjust the amp's output to fit your speaker system.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 70 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (105 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 210 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high-pass filter (40-8,000 Hz at 12 dB per octave) and low-pass filter (40-5,000 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 14-15/16"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 704X
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier with two 30-amp fuses inserted in chassis
- 2 Speaker level input harnesses
- 4 Mounting screws
- 3mm Allen-wrench
- 4mm Allen-wrench
- Amplifier Performance Certificate
- Installation sheet with warranty statement
MTX X Thunder 704X reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MTX X Thunder 704X
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
70 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||210 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||105 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||210 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-5000 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-8000 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness x 2|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a new system of testing & measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured into a 4-ohm load, with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) plus noise, and at a frequency range (for full range amplifiers) of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz. Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. The MTX X-Thunder 704X under CEA-2006 regulations is rated at 70 Watts RMS x 4 channel with a 75dBA signal to noise ratio.
Bridgeable: The MTX four-channel amplifier can be bridged down to two channels to output 210 watts x two-channels at 4 ohm or bridged to three channels to output 70 watts x two-channel at 4 ohm to the front channels and 210 watts x one-channel at 4 ohm to the rear channel.
Heavy Duty Construction: The X-Thunder amplifier features heavy duty aluminum construction with large extruded heat-sinks for reliable sound for years to come.
Crossovers: The X-Thunder 704X has built-in independent high pass and low pass crossovers for the front (1/2) and rear (3/4) channels. The high pass crossover's slope is 12 dB/octave and is continuously variable from 40Hz to 8000Hz. The low pass crossover's slope is 24 dB/octave and is also continuously variable from 40Hz to 5000Hz. The amplifier can also be operated at full-range.
Line Level Inputs: The two pair of RCA type line-level inputs have independent gain (Input Sensitivity) control. The Input Sensitivity control will accept an input signal of 250mV to 5.0 Volts.
Speaker Level Input: The MTX 704X comes with two speaker level input harnesses. This feature makes it easier to add a four-channel amplifier to a factory radio or to an aftermarket receiver with no preamp outputs.
Power Indicator: When the power is turned on to the amplifier, the Power indicator on top of the amplifier will light up. This indicator will turn off with the amplifier and will turn off if the amplifier goes into protect mode.
Front of the Amplifier: All of the amplifier's controls are found on the front of the amplifier for easy access.
- 1/2-Channels and 3/4-Channels Gain: 0.25V-5V
- 1/2-Channels and 3/4-Channels High Pass Filter: On or Off
- 1/2-Channels and 3/4-Channels Low Pass Filter: On or Off
- 1/2-Channles and 3/4-Channels High Pass Frequency: 40-8,000 Hz
- 1/2-Channels and 3/4-Channels Low Pass Frequency: 40-5,000 Hz
Front of the Amplifier: All of the amplifier's connections are found on the front of the amplifier for easy access.
- Fuse: Two 30 amp fuses
- Power: set-screw terminal designed to accept up to a 4 gauge power wire
- Ground: set-screw terminal designed to accept up to a 4 gauge ground wire
- Remote turn-on: set-screw terminal designed to accept a 16-gauge turn-on lead
- Speaker outputs: eight set-screw terminals designed to accept 12 to 8 gauge speaker wire
- Speaker-level inputs: Multi-pin inputs for use with included speaker level input harnesses
- Line in: Two pair RCA inputs